Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/28/2011
Offline
145 posts
 

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013
@Toxic-Skills who am I gonna "share" stuff with? I'm not a Youtuber. I play games, simply for that reason, to play games. If I wanted to share myself playing games, I'd go buy a PVR and upload it to YouTube. I play games to have fun, not to entertain other people. So, again, I'm being charged for something I won't use. As another person said earlier, they need tiers of PS+. Multiplayer is free, PS+ gives the option to cross-chat and use Gaikai (whatever the f*** that is exactly). PS+ Super gives you the ability to share stuff. PS+= $5 a month. PS+ Super= $7 a month. You can even break it down more and add more features if you want.
Message 31 of 118 (109 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
13133 posts
 

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013
Who the hell said netflix was free? Man kid its past your bed time
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 32 of 118 (108 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2006
Online
5492 posts
 

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013

polamalublitz43 wrote:
@Absinthetic
Yes PS+ is better than Xboxlive, but to what extent? I get to "rent" games? Redbox 4 minutes down the road does that, and it only costs 1$.
People keep saying PS+ gives out "free" games "all the time", as well as "DLC". I've yet to see a single game that once I stop paying for PS+, I get to keep. Hell, I haven't seen a single DLC on there (may just have missed it).

Sony is adding new features....but I don't remember asking for any of them. So why should I have to pay for them if I don't want them? It's like a car company throwing in power windows and an automatic transmission right before I hand them my money, then saying "oh we thought you'd like those additions....it's only $400 more, just go ahead and pay us the extra,it's alright".

People say "free" because it easier than saying "games you keep as long as you continue to pay for the service".  Redbox is actually $2 a night, and the ones around me almost never have PS3 games. When they do have a PS3 game, I would have to pay $6 for only three days. PS+ gives me 3 random PS3 games a month for $5 each month. I use Redbox for big releases, like The Last of Us, and PS+ for everything else. 

 

I paid $600 for a PS3 with backwards compatibility and other OS, and I didn't ask for those. So what's the difference??

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 33 of 118 (108 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
13133 posts
 

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013
/requesting thread lock
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 34 of 118 (107 Views)
First Son
Registered: 06/14/2013
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013

Free is what gave us PSN gamers the right to win against why not Xbox. It used to shut people Xbox users up. It showed Sony did care about us and gaming with others.

 

Free is Free.

 

Make us pay for all that other social sharing cloud crap, and you'll see how those services will cease to be relevant. NO ONE WILL PAY FOR THOSE SERVICES!!!!!

 

Make these money noobs pay for it!
 Hey, someone said they'd pay $100 for it!

There you go Sony, you're welcome!

 

 

KEEP MULTIPLAYER ONLINE FREE!
Message 35 of 118 (107 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

It would have remained free had they kept their network the same, with no new features...but they overauled it with lots of social things, which, true, you may or may not use...and personally I think they should have just added that as PS+ features for those that choose to pay for it and use it...but..whatever. I've stopped complaining about it for a couple reasons. A) its probably ultra-expensive to offer the kinds of things they are allowing the network to do now with the Ps4, and B) I have faith they will make the network more effecient now that they will have a cash-flow they can dedicate to maintaining and upgrading the PSN.


I agree with the others. I don't want my game console for no other reason but to game. Don't care about social network blah blah blah. Paying for online is a joke. How is it that top elite titles could be played online for free with the ps3 and not the ps4? I say take the other crap down and just make great games and the servers for each. It worked for over ten years with Sony and could continue.

 

As for stop complaining. Well you gave up and I don't accept it like this....shame its going down like this.. good ole days are gone.


1: Because they werent allowing you to cross chat, spectate, share videos, take screen shots, stream games from the past 3 generations, take over someones controller virtually to help them.

 

2: Its a major misconception that SONY has anything to do with the servers of the games on its playform. They really dont...they host the network, and games that developers make, run on servers deleopers own, that connect to the network.


Dude all the cross chat I ever needed was in a great game with a grat multiplayer. As I've said before all that social new stuff is hooplah. I don't care about it..As for Sony, servers what ever. It should be free. Enough said.


Im not disagreeing with you, I'm simply answering the "why" because you do not understand.

 

Yes, cross-game chat is something I'll never really use, because if im chatting, its with someone in my game im trying to win with, agree 100%. But that doesnt change the fact that it isnt optional. 

 

And that last part, im assuming what I said went over your head. Just, dont worry about it. Its not the games multiplayer that is causing the subscription cost, as i've already explained...its all the things that SONY's network is having happen on it.


Look I understand where you are coming from. But let me just say this. From the view point of the new network. Personally IM not interested in any of it. Streaming games that you can't own, who cares? I just want to play online for free. I don't need and never needed any of that extra crap. SO Sony is forcing it on you just so they can say we have to upgrade our servers to handle the world we are wanting you to have.

 

Set microsoft said the same thing to their xbox1., Don't like it go play xbox360. Thats didn't go over well. Now Sony is saying the same thing and most here are not seeing it. But looks like its going to happen either way. Just hope you have fun with it.

Message 36 of 118 (104 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2006
Online
5492 posts
 

Re: u lied playstation network

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

ignore this

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 37 of 118 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 06/15/2007
Offline
10300 posts
 

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013

 


polamalublitz43 wrote:

So, explain to me again, why I should want this

 


Absinthetic wrote:
if you dont see any value in it, by all means spend your money how you want....its not up to you to decide what counts as value to someone else


download.gif
Message 38 of 118 (94 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013

ExMimic wrote:



Look I understand where you are coming from. But let me just say this. From the view point of the new network. Personally IM not interested in any of it. Streaming games that you can't own, who cares? I just want to play online for free. I don't need and never needed any of that extra crap. SO Sony is forcing it on you just so they can say we have to upgrade our servers to handle the world we are wanting you to have.

 

Set microsoft said the same thing to their xbox1., Don't like it go play xbox360. Thats didn't go over well. Now Sony is saying the same thing and most here are not seeing it. But looks like its going to happen either way. Just hope you have fun with it.


I wasn't interested in a few things on the PS3 but I still had to pay the same price as everyone else.


Yes but the online MP was FREE

Message 39 of 118 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/28/2011
Offline
145 posts
 

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013
@Toxic-Skills. YOU said that. I'm gonna quote your words here, don't get dizzy, stay focused.
"And you can use the other services like netflex without ps plus"

Why would that even factor into my opinion about paying for something that should be free?! It doesn't, so bringing it up makes no sense in your argument.
You even spelled Netflix wrong. I don't think I'm the one who is up past their bedtime.
Message 40 of 118 (81 Views)
0 Likes