Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Re: u lied playstation network

Jun 14, 2013
@ExMimic not snart customers. Because smart customers would pull out their calculator and say "wait a minute...$600 now for free online....is LESS than $750 total over the next 6-7 years".
That was just an example tho. They can make their money some other way.
If they could see how many customers will be keeping their PS3, and how much initial money they'd lose ($400 for the console, versus not charging $50 each month for the next 8 years), they'd seriously reconsider their P2P plan.
Message 21 of 118 (137 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Im not at all rich but i can understand. Look at the Xbox One, they are forcing to pay to play online with absolutely NO reward.

Yet, on the PS4, you pay to play online, BUT you get access to the FREE instant game collection with offers around 15 titles free, you can get cloud saves, and more TBA PS4 plus exclusives. Its totally worth the admission price. 

Plus for 1 year is the same as the price of 1 game. If you can go out and buy a game you can buy plus. Not to mention that: With 59.99 you can buy ONE game. 59.99 for plus, you get the instant game collection and a free game everymonth. Its worth it.

Message 22 of 118 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jun 14, 2013

polamalublitz43 wrote:
@Absinthetic
Yes PS+ is better than Xboxlive, but to what extent? I get to "rent" games? Redbox 4 minutes down the road does that, and it only costs 1$.
People keep saying PS+ gives out "free" games "all the time", as well as "DLC". I've yet to see a single game that once I stop paying for PS+, I get to keep. Hell, I haven't seen a single DLC on there (may just have missed it).

Sony is adding new features....but I don't remember asking for any of them. So why should I have to pay for them if I don't want them? It's like a car company throwing in power windows and an automatic transmission right before I hand them my money, then saying "oh we thought you'd like those additions....it's only $400 more, just go ahead and pay us the extra,it's alright".

Don't act like you're not going to use the share button and gaikai. And you can use the other services like netflex without ps plus 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 23 of 118 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

It would have remained free had they kept their network the same, with no new features...but they overauled it with lots of social things, which, true, you may or may not use...and personally I think they should have just added that as PS+ features for those that choose to pay for it and use it...but..whatever. I've stopped complaining about it for a couple reasons. A) its probably ultra-expensive to offer the kinds of things they are allowing the network to do now with the Ps4, and B) I have faith they will make the network more effecient now that they will have a cash-flow they can dedicate to maintaining and upgrading the PSN.

I agree with the others. I don't want my game console for no other reason but to game. Don't care about social network blah blah blah. Paying for online is a joke. How is it that top elite titles could be played online for free with the ps3 and not the ps4? I say take the other crap down and just make great games and the servers for each. It worked for over ten years with Sony and could continue.

As for stop complaining. Well you gave up and I don't accept it like this....shame its going down like this.. good ole days are gone.

Message 24 of 118 (130 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

polamalublitz43 wrote:
@Absinthetic
Yes PS+ is better than Xboxlive, but to what extent? 

to the extent the user sees value in the service

if you dont see any value in it, by all means spend your money how you want....its not up to you to decide what counts as value to someone else

Message 25 of 118 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jun 14, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

It would have remained free had they kept their network the same, with no new features...but they overauled it with lots of social things, which, true, you may or may not use...and personally I think they should have just added that as PS+ features for those that choose to pay for it and use it...but..whatever. I've stopped complaining about it for a couple reasons. A) its probably ultra-expensive to offer the kinds of things they are allowing the network to do now with the Ps4, and B) I have faith they will make the network more effecient now that they will have a cash-flow they can dedicate to maintaining and upgrading the PSN.

I agree with the others. I don't want my game console for no other reason but to game. Don't care about social network blah blah blah. Paying for online is a joke. How is it that top elite titles could be played online for free with the ps3 and not the ps4? I say take the other crap down and just make great games and the servers for each. It worked for over ten years with Sony and could continue.

As for stop complaining. Well you gave up and I don't accept it like this....shame its going down like this.. good ole days are gone.

All you have to do is save 20$ and boom you don't have to worry for 4 months 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 26 of 118 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 14, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

1: Because they werent allowing you to cross chat, spectate, share videos, take screen shots, stream games from the past 3 generations, take over someones controller virtually to help them.

2: Its a major misconception that SONY has anything to do with the servers of the games on its playform. They really dont...they host the network, and games that developers make, run on servers deleopers own, that connect to the network.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 27 of 118 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

1: Because they werent allowing you to cross chat, spectate, share videos, take screen shots, stream games from the past 3 generations, take over someones controller virtually to help them.

2: Its a major misconception that SONY has anything to do with the servers of the games on its playform. They really dont...they host the network, and games that developers make, run on servers deleopers own, that connect to the network.

Dude all the cross chat I ever needed was in a great game with a grat multiplayer. As I've said before all that social new stuff is hooplah. I don't care about it..As for Sony, servers what ever. It should be free. Enough said.

Message 28 of 118 (118 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Dude all the cross chat I ever needed was in a great game with a grat multiplayer. As I've said before all that social new stuff is hooplah. I don't care about it..As for Sony, servers what ever. It should be free. Enough said.

Im not disagreeing with you, I'm simply answering the "why" because you do not understand.

Yes, cross-game chat is something I'll never really use, because if im chatting, its with someone in my game im trying to win with, agree 100%. But that doesnt change the fact that it isnt optional. 

And that last part, im assuming what I said went over your head. Just, dont worry about it. Its not the games multiplayer that is causing the subscription cost, as i've already explained...its all the things that SONY's network is having happen on it.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 29 of 118 (109 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Gaikai? I barely know what it is, other than "will bring back some PS1,2,&3 games to digital download.....which ill probably have to pay $60 for just to download my favorite PS3 games (like Skyrim, if they even Gaikai that game). I don't even think you download, don't you just "stream" them? Doesn't that mean you play them from a server (or Cloud), and don't get to have them on your PS4 wherever you go?

ALSO, Netflix isn't free if you have PS+, it just allows you to use it if you have a Netflix subscription, without needing PS+ to do so. (Which I don't have a Netflix Subscription anymore).

Value? I get to rent games until I stop paying. Blockbuster does that too, so does Redbox, Gamefly, etc.. I downloaded 8 games from PS+ last week. Only 3 are still on my PS3. Malicious? You fly around on a broom and shoot magical balls at an evil witch and infinite evil knights....OOOHH super fun -___- I died 4 times and deleted the game. The Cave, was cool at first, then I got stuck 10 minutes in at some monster blocking the path. After 30 minutes of trying, I deleted it. The Labyrinth, downloaded, watched a YouTube video on it...deleted it. Never even started it up. LBP Karting- fun game, kept getting disconnected from the game servers. Every time I was in 1st in multiplayer, I got disconnected. It's still on my system...barely. Pinball Arcade, it's fun, but I only get to play 4 tables. It's still on my system because I happen to be a pinball fan. Sleeping Dogs, downloaded it, haven't even touched it yet. Never got interested in the game from the gameplay and videos I saw.

That's value if I've ever heard it *Sarcasm*.
I'm well aware that they added some AAA games recently (I'm sure it had nothin to do with hyping people up for E3 tho) -___- *also sarcasm*
Saints Row 3, beat it 2 years ago when it came out. Uncharted 3, if you have 40GB of free space, download it. I have a 160gb ps3, deleted TONS of stuff, still didn't have enough room. Looks like I won't be playing that one (unless I buy the disc). Dues Ex- watched a friend play it for 2 hours, wasn't thrilled. Didn't download it.

So, explain to me again, why I should want this, and be forced to buy this stuff just so I can play online like I did on PS3 for free?

Still a better service than Xboxlive, but I still shouldn't be forced into solitude because I don't wanna pay for sumthin that has been, and still should be free.
Message 30 of 118 (105 Views)