Jun 13 2013
By: slimjim1976 First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

u lied playstation network

117 replies 681 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

u said online gaming is free and should always should be free. now your going 2 make us pay for it. iam already a ps plus user, but i shouldn't feel that i have 2 be 2 play online.

Message 1 of 118 (681 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

Re: u lied playstation network

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

slimjim1976 wrote:

u said online gaming is free and should always should be free. now your going 2 make us pay for it. iam already a ps plus user

what a non-issue thread this is

Message 2 of 118 (676 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 13, 2013
non-issue for u or gamers
Message 3 of 118 (665 Views)
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Jun 13, 2013

This is the type of people I'm concernd about. The people who do not seem to apreciate what Sony is actually giving us. We're not only paying to be able to play online, but we're subscribing to a great service. Yes, by force, but you can't go wrong with Playstation Plus. Also Sony is giving us the ability to share stuff along with other features. Of course they have to charge us because they are giving us more stuff. What is XBOX ONE giving to their players? Nothing, just more ways to complicate the life of gamers.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 4 of 118 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8502 posts

Jun 13, 2013
I think he means not an issue for you, and I agree with you, it does suck to have to pay to play online, if however, Sony manages to keep providing us with high quality free titles while having a service on par (or surpass) with xbox live then I have no problem paying that 40-50$ a year.
Message 5 of 118 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 13, 2013

It would have remained free had they kept their network the same, with no new features...but they overauled it with lots of social things, which, true, you may or may not use...and personally I think they should have just added that as PS+ features for those that choose to pay for it and use it...but..whatever. I've stopped complaining about it for a couple reasons. A) its probably ultra-expensive to offer the kinds of things they are allowing the network to do now with the Ps4, and B) I have faith they will make the network more effecient now that they will have a cash-flow they can dedicate to maintaining and upgrading the PSN.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 6 of 118 (641 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 13, 2013
I do hope that by paying monthly to play online the service will impove vastly as a lot more income will flow in (well maybe not, I don't know what their expenses are) but I still don't like the idea of being forced to pay to play an online game I already paid initially for. I doubt Steam would add a sub price to its services ever... I always thought Xbox live service was very streamlined and never experienced lag....I hope ps4 matches up with that.
Message 7 of 118 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 13, 2013
@setzaroth you remember my $13 million estimates right. Sony will first cover the cost of buying gaikai then they will improve servers or spilt the revenue evenly among those two. Either way when PS4 comes out servers will not be too much better til sometime next year possibly mid year as it takes time to build a service like this. Xbox live was horrible when it came out too. Also expect alot of the indies to in the IGC for a while on PS4, Gaikai will come first becasue it is mostly paid for and PS1-3 games will be up first.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 8 of 118 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 13, 2013

balmungfury wrote:
@setzaroth you remember my $13 million estimates right. Sony will first cover the cost of buying gaikai then they will improve servers or spilt the revenue evenly among those two. Either way when PS4 comes out servers will not be too much better til sometime next year possibly mid year as it takes time to build a service like this. Xbox live was horrible when it came out too. Also expect alot of the indies to in the IGC for a while on PS4, Gaikai will come first becasue it is mostly paid for and PS1-3 games will be up first.

I dont know who you are, and thereofre do no recall you saying anything like that, but cool, alright.

And yes, I obviously realize it will take time to see a major difference in quality, but thats what I mean, at least the quality will improve quickly, in the grand scheme of things.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 9 of 118 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

This is the type of people I'm concernd about. The people who do not seem to apreciate what Sony is actually giving us. We're not only paying to be able to play online, but we're subscribing to a great service. Yes, by force, but you can't go wrong with Playstation Plus. Also Sony is giving us the ability to share stuff along with other features. Of course they have to charge us because they are giving us more stuff. What is XBOX ONE giving to their players? Nothing, just more ways to complicate the life of gamers.

its not by force. No one is forcing you to pay $50 a year to play online. If either you pay it and play online, or dont pay and play offline. Being force would be, sony coming over to your house putting a gun to your head and said, pay or die. Now thats being force. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 118 (569 Views)
0 Likes