Apr 30 2013
By: jcris87 First Son 29 posts

trophy requirement question

19 replies 275 views Edited Apr 30, 2013

what is the maximum allowed amount of points given by trophys per game?

Message 1 of 20 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: trophy requirement question

May 1, 2013

I....dont think there is one.

I know your profiles trophy level caps at Lv 100. But, I know thats not what you are asking.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 20 (271 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

May 1, 2013

this is from a capcom employee over on the capcom unity forums, about why they didnt put any trophies into dragons dogma dark arisen. i personally think that capcom is pulling some dirty bs and jus wants to be greedy for our money, without implementing anything new on their end. 

"Hey guys, apologies for the delayed response. Been out of the country and juggling a lot of different titles. Finally received a definitive response on this though. Unfortunately the verdict on T&As isn't as you or I'd hoped. Here's the answer I've received:

"Trophies and achievements gained in Dragon's Dogma will carry over toDragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen so adding any new ones would exceed the standard amount of awards that can be received per game. Removing existing trophies and achievements to replace with new ones was not an option given the incompatibility issues with any trophies and achievements carried across in a player's save data from Dragon’s Dogma to Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen."

So more or less it's a combination of industry-wide restrictions placed on T&As (limited number of T&As per product) and technical limitations (couldn't remove existing T&As in order to implement ones reflecting DDDA's new stuff)."

i was curious about what sony has to say about that, since capcom is blaming them for not adding trophys to the 40$ dlc they just released. a 40$ dlc that lasts only 2hrs, since theres no point in doing anything extra for trophies/achievements.

Message 3 of 20 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 1, 2013

uh...ya, I dont know. The game developer puts trophies in, SONY has nothing to do with it really...other than initially putting it in the system.

I guess there is a limit, but it must be extremely high, games like WarHawk have TONS of trophies..

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 20 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

May 1, 2013

any sony employees in the know troll this forum?

Message 5 of 20 (257 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31186 posts

May 1, 2013

jcris87 wrote:

This might answer your question: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Forums-Support/PS3-Trophy-system-explained/m-p/13...

Message 6 of 20 (253 Views)
Platinum
56272 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

jcris87 wrote:

The link in the post above this one will help you Smiley Wink.

(upon searching it seems this thread is in multiple places now, here is one in general too) http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS3-Trophy-System-Explained/m-p/39366511/...

Message 7 of 20 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

May 1, 2013

thanks for the links, but what im looking for is the maximum points allowed for a game as dictated by sony. basically i jus want to see if capcom is full of **bleep** or not.

Message 8 of 20 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

May 1, 2013

jcris87 wrote:

thanks for the links, but what im looking for is the maximum points allowed for a game as dictated by sony. basically i jus want to see if capcom is full of **bleep** or not.

To the best of my knowledge there is no real limit per se on the number of trophies allowed per game. However, MS has a cap of 1000 points per game, unless there is DLC. From there I think there is a cap on the number of Achievements for the DLC. Due to those caps and MS's requirement that their games be on par with ours, it limits the number of Trophies that the Playstation version receives. I will try asking a Sony employee I know that visits the forum to see if I can get an answer.

Message 9 of 20 (200 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11370 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

jcris87 wrote:

Burnout Paradise has 98 trophies between the core game and all the DLC.  Red Dead Redemption has 91.  Uncharted 3 has 105.

Each of the CoD games is over 70 and there are a lot of games that have over 60.

Needless to say, Capcom is completely full of **bleep**.

Message 10 of 20 (183 Views)
0 Likes