Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 24 2013
By: Srellik First Son 2 posts

transferring ps1 saves to ps3

4 replies 133 views Edited Mar 24, 2013

I tried to do this yesterday via flash drive like I did before some ages ago but it wouldn't locate them. I searched the internet and found out that it can't be done that way anymore. So what is the easiest way to transfer saves now? As a side note I happen to have a dexdrive but my computer doesn't have a floppy drive so I'm clueless on how to use it without the original software and Dexter doesn't seem to show anything since its not hooked up through a serial port. I also have the ps3 memory card adapter but I would need a way to transfer the save files to a memory card from my computer.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24372 posts

Re: transferring ps1 saves to ps3

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

You need a memory card adapter. You have have to get your PC to recognize the memory card. How? I have no idea. I've never tried it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Mar 24, 2013
The memory card adaptor won't work on PC, Sony has made sure of it so people wouldn't tamper with the cards or save files. Were you by any chance playing PS1 games on your PC and want to transfer them to your PS3 ? I think if you use content manager on the PC you might be able to transfer it to a PSP/PS Vita then hook it up to the PS3 and transfer it that way. Not sure if it would work but its worth a shot.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 24, 2013

My original 60gb died with a lot of my save files on there. I tried to plug the hard drive into my computer and transfer them over but since Sony likes to encrypt the files for whatever reason, I couldn't. So no I wasn't playing the game on my computer at first but since nobody has any experience with transferring saves I may be forced to emulate them :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Mar 24, 2013
I have felt your pain before when my 60gb ps3 died in 2009. Lost all my data from all my PS1,2 and 3 games. Only thing to do is try to fix your ps3 on your own long enough so you can make a back up of your hard drive.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (31 Views)
0 Likes