Jan 15 2013
By: fm0987 Splicer 52 posts

trade-ins worth it? HELP.

8 replies 124 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

I was thinking about trading in my original Uncharted 3 and Red Dead Redemption at Gamestop, and then getting the GOTY editions with the DLC stuff. Trade in is only worth $5 and $6 store credit, maybe less for RDR because its a greatest hits. Also I remeber reading in the past about people having a lot of problems with Uncharted 3 DLC, certain maps not showing up and stuff. Are there still a lot of problems with the U3 DLC? Any input is appreciated.

Message 1 of 9 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Re: trade-ins worth it? HELP.

Jan 15, 2013

Better sell it yourself at sites like Ebay. You'll get quite a bit more money that way.

Message 2 of 9 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 15, 2013

craigslist is easier. 

With ebay you have to pay ebay a percentage of your sale, and then have to worry about shipping.

With craislist, all you have to do is meet up in a public place like a starbucks or something and exchange.

Gamestop is not going to give you much for trade-ins unless they are running a special, and buying the GOTY is going to set youback more money than simply buying the DLC itself, which is like $10

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 9 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more than $10 of U3 DLC.

Message 4 of 9 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

fm0987 wrote:

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more than $10 of U3 DLC.

So you've bought the game....

Now you want the DLC.

So you decide instead to sell the game that you paid $60 for, to Gamestop, who will likely only give you maybe $15 for the game...

Then you're going to spend another $40+ for the GOTY edition..

When you add everything up, you're going to end up spending MORE MONEY to get the GOTY copy with all the DLC, than you would if you simply have bought the DLC from the store in the first place.

I know it would SEEM, you'd be saving money, but in reality, you're only spending more money just for the idea that you're getting a deal.

If you didn't UC3 at all, then yes, the GOTY edition is a good buy. But since you already have a copy of the game, its not.

Look at it this way... you'll spend $100+ overall, just to save a few bucks for DLC.

You LIKE THE IDEA of saving money, but you're going about it the wrong way.

if you'd go through the craigslist model, you MIGHT make some money back, but when you're thinking of going to a retailer/reseller, the only person who gets the better deal is the store, not you.

I don't know how clearer you want me to be.... NO, trade-ins aren't worth it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 9 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 15, 2013

UC3 came in a bundle with my playstation 3, over a year ago. So the game wasn't full priced. I could buy the UC3 GOTY edition used because the DLC is on the disc, and I have already activated my UC3 multiplayer account, so I don't need a new access code.

Maybe I will just buy RDR Undead Nightmare Collection, and forget about trading in my copy of Red Dead. Undead Nightmare collection is only $20, and GOTY is $30. RDR greatest hits only cost me $20.

So maybe I will keep my UC3 and RDR for now, and buy UC3 GOTY used ($30) and RDR UN Collection ($20 new), or maybe RDR GOTY($30 new).

Message 6 of 9 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 15, 2013

You are totally right though, you would be much better off just to get the GOTY edition first, and never have bought the original.

Message 7 of 9 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Well thanks for at least letting me know the game came with the PS3.

At this point then, it doesn't matter what you do... what matters is your plan.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 9 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I think I might buy them. So does anybody know if all the UC3 multiplayer DLC is working properly?

Message 9 of 9 (49 Views)
0 Likes