First Son
7 posts

Re: to the people who own the Japanese version of Ragnarok odyssey

Oct 21, 2012

Oh , sure.

I do not know of many western style games like it, though.

Have you played Dynasty Warriors? Drargon's Dogma?

..maybe it's a small bit like God of War.

Message 11 of 21 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2012

there is a demo on the japanese PSN, and it playable on US PSN accounts.

i was playing it last night, and it was pretty. i already pre-order the game, so if your getting it PM to party.

Message 12 of 21 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Oct 21, 2012
I like dynasty warrior! I will definitely check out the demo cause I want a quest hack and slash!!
Message 13 of 21 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Oct 21, 2012
How do u get the demo?!
Message 14 of 21 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Oct 21, 2012
you need a japanese PSN account and restore your VITA.
Message 15 of 21 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

Why do you think you can get 500+ out of this game when Production Assistant at Xseed stated here that " I’d estimate about a 50-60+ hour playthrough."

link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/04/ragnarok-odyssey-for-ps-vita-cards-and-classes-revealed/

Message 16 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Take this, in this page you can see all the cards, skills and some weapons that the game has: http://armshq.org/ro/monster-cards-en
Message 17 of 21 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Sorry I don't own a Japanese version of this game but I am getting it oct 30.  I've asked a ton of gamers about this game and they all say " If you like Monster Hunter then its for you"  Well, MHFU is my all time favorite game against ALL games so....day one buy for me.  I know this is off topic but....does ANYBODY know if party chat will work with this game?  I can't find any info on it.  That would be awesome.  Also if you are an older gamer please add me with a message to my Vita saying your an older gamer and want play some Ragnarak odyssey. 

More off topic,  I plan on getting the digital version in case I get my son a Vita.  That way I don't pay for it twice even though the collectors edition looks awesome..love soundtracks!!

Message 18 of 21 (96 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

ChrisTerror wrote:

Why do you think you can get 500+ out of this game when Production Assistant at Xseed stated here that " I’d estimate about a 50-60+ hour playthrough."

link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/04/ragnarok-odyssey-for-ps-vita-cards-and-classes-revealed/

Well with online multiplayer and collecting cards or equips, however that is done I don't know exactly but it should last longer than that.

Seems like she was speaking generally to beat the game maybe? Not the actual replay value, which I am sure Ragnarok has a pretty high replay value just being a monster hunting game.

For instance PSO2 will only have online and no single player this time but man is it going to get a lot of play out of me. So I am sure technically it doesn't have much in terms of hourly playing to complete everything but it is the replay value that really matters to me.

Message 19 of 21 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Thats a valid point, and i hope to be the case as i have high hopes for this game, will be the first game i plan to really play with other people on a regular basis too so that alone could add some replay to it.

Message 20 of 21 (75 Views)
0 Likes