Reply
Aug 14 2012
By: dallscowboys88 Lombax Warrior 228 posts
Offline

this should probably be said

12 replies 196 views Edited Aug 14, 2012
the vita is not a dying system. there are plenty of games. the problem is the prices. most of us don't have enough money to get as many games as we desire. its not about us though, i think sony should really think about some major price changes. this may have been said before, but i think we really did need to hear it again.
Message 1 of 13 (196 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/26/2012
Offline
344 posts
 

Re: this should probably be said

Aug 14, 2012

40 bucks for a game (give or take of course) seems fine imo, system price is ok, a price drop on the system is innevitable but for a launch price im satisfied. idk. The only thing that i think pricewise that is absurd is the memory cards, theres no reason whatsoever that 32gig should be pushing almost 100 bucks.....

Message 2 of 13 (193 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 02/23/2011
Offline
68 posts
 

Re: this should probably be said

Aug 14, 2012

ChrisTerror wrote:

The only thing that i think pricewise that is absurd is the memory cards, theres no reason whatsoever that 32gig should be pushing almost 100 bucks.....



Pretty much this.

 

I bought a 8GB and would love to have all my Vita games right in my system but the 36GB memory card is just way too much. 

Message 3 of 13 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/14/2012
Offline
259 posts
 

Re: this should probably be said

Aug 14, 2012
If this was the problem then it would also be a problem on 3DS PS3 and 360
Message 4 of 13 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 08/14/2012
Offline
87 posts
 

Re: this should probably be said

Aug 14, 2012
On ebay, 16gb memory card is 39.95, 32gb is 77.95. About the same on Amazon. That's over a 20 buck discount, use it or stop complaining.
Message 5 of 13 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: this should probably be said

Aug 14, 2012

ChrisTerror wrote:

40 bucks for a game (give or take of course) seems fine imo, system price is ok, a price drop on the system is innevitable but for a launch price im satisfied. idk. The only thing that i think pricewise that is absurd is the memory cards, theres no reason whatsoever that 32gig should be pushing almost 100 bucks.....


I pretty much agree. But I'm also quite glad the OP wasn't trying to say the Vita is a failure Smiley Very Happy If Sony dropped the 4gb card, dropped the rest down a tier in price and include an 8gb standard, that would go a long way.

 

$40 for a game doesn't bother me. $40 for a port of a game when the console versions are $20 does bother me ( /looks at Rayman Origins for example/ )

Message 6 of 13 (137 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/27/2009
Offline
2922 posts
 

Re: this should probably be said

Aug 14, 2012

There's really no problem with the price of the games. I mean, the ones for the 3DS cost the same, no? I think what scare people is the price of the Vita. They don't really see the full potential of the system and rather pass it.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 7 of 13 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: this should probably be said

Aug 14, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

There's really no problem with the price of the games. I mean, the ones for the 3DS cost the same, no? I think what scare people is the price of the Vita. They don't really see the full potential of the system and rather pass it.


True

Message 8 of 13 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/20/2008
Offline
609 posts
 

Re: this should probably be said

Aug 14, 2012
The game prices are really no problem. The price of the Vita was Ok for a launch day Vita. The only problem is the Memory cards are pricey. I got a 4 gig card right still.



Message 9 of 13 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: this should probably be said

Aug 14, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:
$40 for a game doesn't bother me. $40 for a port of a game when the console versions are $20 does bother me ( /looks at Rayman Origins for example/ )

That's more on the publishers themselves rather than Sony though; Ubisoft went bananas at launch with prices, Lumines is one of my favorite PSV titles but paying 40 bucks for it was kinda stingy when the PSP / PS3 games were pretty much the same and costed far less (not to mention Dungeon Hunter Alliance which is priced something like 10 ~ 15 bucks on the apple store yet we were charged like 30 bucks). But again, it's up to the publishers really (or at least, I think it is)~.

Message 10 of 13 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes