Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 10 2013
By: passivefamiliar Splicer 47 posts

things we DONT want changed.

5 replies 147 views Edited Jul 10, 2013

well, with the ps4 on the horizon i have been thinking...what i want to stay the SAME. 

simply a very small detail. the music player on the ps3. it has a few different background screen savers that run when you play music. i do NOT want that go away. putting on music while something downloads or while i do laundry or whatnot is just great. if anything i'd like to see more background screen savers for the music player.

see, simple. but sometimes the big guys upstairs dont think of the little things. right?

in general im very anxious for the ps4, this isnt a negative thread. just thought it might be a good idea to make known things we want to KEEP.

""putting my portable id here via moblie device is not as simple as i thought copy/paste function doesnt want to copy it right, oh well""
Message 1 of 6 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Re: things we DONT want changed.

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

I can live without it, but i DONT want PS1 support removed.

Everyone who has been a PS fan since the beginning KNOWS its not just B/C, its a tradition. EVERY playstation console plays PS1 games in some form. All home consoles play them from disc and all portables play them from PSN.

PS1 support would also be very easy to have via software emu on the PS4. They need to consider it. I can give a hoot less about PS2/3 support on the 4, i just want to be able to play the PS1 games on it. ( I dont like gaikai either. Cloud gaming = no no )

I was baffled and upset when they stated PS1 games would not be supported. I thought: "Why?" and "This looks like trouble".

PS1 support lets new generations play what started and highlighted the best of the original console. Its a stable and needs to be returned on PS4. 

Message 2 of 6 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8506 posts

Jul 10, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

Everyone who has been a PS fan since the beginning KNOWS its not just B/C, its a tradition. EVERY playstation console plays PS1 games in some form. All home consoles play them from disc and all portables play them from PSN.

PS1 support would also be very easy to have via software emu on the PS4. They need to consider it. I can give a hoot less about PS2/3 support on the 4, i just want to be able to play the PS1 games on it. ( I dont like gaikai either. Cloud gaming = no no )

I was baffled and upset when they stated PS1 games would not be supported. I thought: "Why?" and "This looks like trouble".

PS1 support lets new generations play what started and highlighted the best of the original console. Its a stable and needs to be returned on PS4. 

I suspect, but cannot prove, that PS1 support for PSN/PS1 titles will come in an update much later down the road.

I don't want Gaikai at all either. Period. I love digital, but having to be tied to a WiFi acess point is extermly limiting on where I can game.

Message 3 of 6 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Jul 10, 2013

I want rpgs to have world maps -_-

Should have gone with the Wii U
Message 4 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Jul 11, 2013

I want interface themes.  Yes the one for the PS4 is a hudge improvement of the XMB but it'll be nice to have themes to go along with hit games and seasonal events.  

Message 5 of 6 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9234 posts

Jul 11, 2013

TwinDad wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

I suspect, but cannot prove, that PS1 support for PSN/PS1 titles will come in an update much later down the road.

I don't want Gaikai at all either. Period. I love digital, but having to be tied to a WiFi acess point is extermly limiting on where I can game.

Don't blame you about Gaikai either. Too bad that they couldn't make it like Netflix, as in having it be something that's a part of the PS4 that you can access and download games, but do not have to be online to play them.

Message 6 of 6 (50 Views)
0 Likes