Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Re: they should make 64gb memory card for ps vita

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Emerald_Swords wrote:
First we need to see some price drops on these cards.

This. If the 32GB one costs $99, will the 64GB cost $180 (considering that the 16GB costs $60)? I gave in and bought a 32GB one lsat November because the 8GB one was full of PSP games, but in all honesty, I felt like I encouraged a monster. Memcards, propietary or not, should never be this expensive~. 

agree , I know some people will hate me for saying this but I'm not sony hater nor sony fan boy I say what I feel like the truth, sony really gone too far with the memory prices . When I got my vita I bought the 32GB at same time, and I felt the same and few days later I returned the overpriced memory card . I know I said this but a few days ago I was trying to get my friend at work to buy a Vita (he is a pc gamer and didn't care about other game systems before) after telling him everything about the vita and of course I told him about the memory cards prices and well he said ok the Vita would be his first gaming device other then the PC lol. I took him to the store and he checked the vita games and the upcoming games too and he was almost ready to pay 350$ - 400$ for a new PSV  + 32GB memory + 1 game he wanted to play then he noticed the 3DS and it's price only like 170$ and didn't need to pay too much for a any memory card he ended up paying 400$ , 170$ for the system and he paid the rest of the money (somthing like 230$) to get new games and yup he already prepared 350-400$ to get a new ps Vita but he got a 3DS and 7-8 games instade of a new vita and 1 game only for that price and TBH I don't blame him since the 3DS have more exclusive games and is getting more games and I really hate to say this but the vita don't have that much of exclusive games and we only know about only few exclusive games going to come out in this year and with that fact sony still don't cut the prices for the vita or the mem cards . and don't get me wrong here I don't have a 3DS nor I will get one but if I'm going to pay 100$ for a new 32gb memory card umm here I would rather to add more 50-60$ to get me 3DS a new game system insatde of memory card which dosn't do anything other then let u have more space for more digital games . 

Message 11 of 16 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I would either like to see Sony make a 64gb or 128gb card since my 32gb and 16gb cards are both full (PS+ Subscribers get too many good games and I hate deleting things.). If Sony doesn't do this then I wouldn't mind seeing someone get smart and make a Micro-to-PS Vita card adapter. Hey Sony! Think that one over; How many cards will you sell if they are too high and someone else turns around and finds a cheap way for gamers to store their games on your machine.
Message 12 of 16 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

zack2091 wrote:

agree , I know some people will hate me for saying this but I'm not sony hater nor sony fan boy I say what I feel like the truth, sony really gone too far with the memory prices . When I got my vita I bought the 32GB at same time, and I felt the same and few days later I returned the overpriced memory card .

I know I said this but a few days ago I was trying to get my friend at work to buy a Vita (he is a pc gamer and didn't care about other game systems before) after telling him everything about the vita and of course I told him about the memory cards prices and well he said ok the Vita would be his first gaming device other then the PC lol.

New tech is always more expensive to start with, especially with no secondary market (generic or 3rd party manufacturers). However when the PSP first came out, memory for it was also extremely expensive. When I first  bought a PSP, a 4g memory card was almost $80. So by comparison a 32g for $100 isn't that different in my opinion and from my experience.

In the past, as new, higher capacity memory cards arrived, the current models always dropped in price. So if a 64gb card were to be announced tomorrow, I would fully expect to see it debut at $100. Meanwhile I'd expect to see the 32g drop to $60 - $70, etc...

With that said, I am somewhat surprised that the memory cards have not dropped in price yet.

Message 13 of 16 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I'm surprised that the memory cards have not dropped in price too.
Now I'm about to buy another PSV for my little sister (she saw me playing that game atelier totari on my ps vita and then she gave me that cute look and asked me to buy PSV and atelier totari for her and again I couldn't say no to her ;p ) anyway now the memory card is what keeping me from buying the psv I'm waiting for another memory sale or to find used one cheaper. I was able to find used 16 gb for 20$. other then that I use my PSV in work alot and when people see it they ask me about it but once they know the memory card cost ALOT they say the system is good to buy but they are not crazy to pay that much for a small memory card
Message 14 of 16 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 11, 2013

i need a 64gb theres so much great games now that i need lots of space to hold them all please make t 

racer987654 wrote:

they should make a 64gb memory card because you can store alot of games

Message 15 of 16 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Jun 11, 2013
i think a 128gb card would be the best
[URL=http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/KSI Majin/][IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/224046.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 16 of 16 (70 Views)
0 Likes