Feb 21 2013
By: hourglass2 First Son 1 posts

they need a dual boot like wiiu

[ Edited ]
13 replies 190 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

to play wii games on wiiu you boot the wii operating system . they could do the same, boot up ps3 to play what we have on our ps3 systems. if you make 1 operating system its more complicated to make it compatable with older games. so the dual boot is the simplest way to do it.

im not going to pay to play ps3 games i all ready have or have to start over because the saves wont work.

Message 1 of 14 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Re: they need a dual boot like wiiu

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

sony just wants us to buy everything again maybe this time in 4k collections

Message 2 of 14 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7734 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Or, how about having your PS3 next to your PS4? No mess required!
Message 3 of 14 (170 Views)
Survivor
2787 posts

Feb 21, 2013

The problem is not the different operating system, the problem is the difference in hardware. The Cell Processor is vastly different from the current x86 processor they will be using on the PS4.

Early PS3s had backwards compatibility because they literally had the PS2 hardware built-in (which was later removed due to cost). This, in my opinion, is not an option for Sony. 

Message 4 of 14 (164 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16068 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Wii U is B/C because its the same basic hardware as the Wii.... the only major difference is the I/O and the 1GB of RAM and the output to HD resolutioins......

I regret buying a Wii U.... I really dont think its going to be successul

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 5 of 14 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Feb 21, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Wii U is B/C because its the same basic hardware as the Wii.... the only major difference is the I/O and the 1GB of RAM and the output to HD resolutioins......

i have a feeling as well the WiiU is a flop..Nintendo needs to just stick to games like Sega..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 6 of 14 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7734 posts

Feb 21, 2013

kythunder wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

i have a feeling as well the WiiU is a flop..Nintendo needs to just stick to games like Sega..

So we can play the same IPs they have been exploiting amd rehashing for years now?

No thanks. :smileyindifferent:

Message 7 of 14 (141 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 21, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Sell it.

Message 8 of 14 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16068 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

FidelityNy wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Sell it.

I'm not going to just GIVE away something that is barely 2 months old. I'll wait and see. 

This is merely conversation based on the present time... unless Nintendo has a decent lineup of exclusive titles shown at E3 and PAX East, then I will sell it.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 9 of 14 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Actually, if makin backwards-compatible hardware is not an option for the PS4, they should make dual boot media! Like having a PS3 AND PS4 version of a game on ONE disk. ONE disk that can play on either platform. That way, you can still get use out of your PS3, and when you're ready for a PS4, you still have the same game that will play on it! Each BluRay disk should hold 50gigs of data. I think this is a possibility. I remember they used to sell Microsoft Office to both Macs and IBM compatible computers. They would format ONE disk to play (or load) on either system. Something to think about.......

Message 10 of 14 (81 Views)
0 Likes