Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Re: the PROPER way to clean ur PS2 at home!

May 6, 2005

,3Drpg killer or crap wrote:
im going to let shakespears do this one this time. good to know how to do this stuff though!

heh, and sony is useless if you took off the stickers. 75 bucks + shipping, god knows how long, and ontop of that, its an unguaranteed fix. its like paying somone to kick you in the balls while singing the numa numa song.

Wrong. We bought our system off eBay and it DRE not long after. I called Sony and  told them about buying off eBay and the previous owner opened the system and voided the warranty by removing the sticker. They had me try their Auto Diagnosis feature. Didn't work. So they took my name, PS2 model #, and a few other bits of info and said they would fix it for free. I sent my PS2 to them and a week and half later I got it back like brand new. New Laser, New Disc Tray, and New 90-day Warranty. Give them a call. They may fix it.,

1-800-345-SONY(7669)

TBDK17
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 11 of 53 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

May 6, 2005
Wow, great insight. thanks. I have a question though. Is there any way osf Sony knowing that one has opened the PS2 and voiding their warranty and a waste of their money being sent to Sony.
Message 12 of 53 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

May 6, 2005

,DaHummerMan73 wrote:
Wow, great insight. thanks. I have a question though. Is there any way osf Sony knowing that one has opened the PS2 and voiding their warranty and a waste of their money being sent to Sony.

BY looking at the security sticker,
xxsnipersnakexx
Message 13 of 53 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

May 6, 2005
Thanks again, that helps me alot. So if I want to void my warranty I can do it myself, THANX.,
Message 14 of 53 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4711 posts

May 6, 2005
I've done this three time's all succesful cleaning, I found the same instruction's through google my brother cleaned it for me with an aerosol spray can I watched him carefully how he cleaned the laser with a q-tip

My brother can take apart the PS2 and put everything back together in under ten minute's that's a fast repair I told my brother he should work for Sony Scea Repair department he would make a lot of moneySmiley Happy

So far after my third repair by my brother I've gotten no more disc read error's to report

For people who don't believe me that it work's it does when u take it apart clean the playstation 2 motherboard and fan with a aerosal spray can, and also clean the laser with a q- tip not spray can don't use that on laser
XxPyleXx Trophy Card
Message 15 of 53 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2569 posts

May 6, 2005

,tbdk17 wrote:

,3Drpg killer or crap wrote:
im going to let shakespears do this one this time. good to know how to do this stuff though!

heh, and sony is useless if you took off the stickers. 75 bucks + shipping, god knows how long, and ontop of that, its an unguaranteed fix. its like paying somone to kick you in the balls while singing the numa numa song.

Wrong. We bought our system off eBay and it DRE not long after. I called Sony and  told them about buying off eBay and the previous owner opened the system and voided the warranty by removing the sticker. They had me try their Auto Diagnosis feature. Didn't work. So they took my name, PS2 model #, and a few other bits of info and said they would fix it for free. I sent my PS2 to them and a week and half later I got it back like brand new. New Laser, New Disc Tray, and New 90-day Warranty. Give them a call. They may fix it. ,

1-800-345-SONY(7669)

TBDK17

the reason i know the cost and that theres no guarantee is because i DID call. i think they made the exception because your ps2 was bought off of Ebay and you didnt open it yourself, or remove the stickers. so basically, if you had bought a ps2 from retail, you would have a perfectly unopen ps2, with stickers on.

either way, it works out for me better. i wont tell the guys at shakesperes what to do, just that it makes the clicking noise and some games dont load, bring in GTASmiley FrustratedA to try it out (the game makes most clicks than anything else i got) and if it still isnt stop clicking, i get a brand new ps2, free.
Somone pleeease tell me how to get my god damn sig image into here, dont know why my hoster dropped the image and left the link to their site.
Message 16 of 53 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5031 posts

May 6, 2005
great post buddy.
Message 17 of 53 (31 Views)
0 Likes
This widget could not be displayed.
0 posts

May 6, 2005
Wow, a Briton!  SCPH-30003 is the UK version Playstation® 2.
,There's no way can't be other than British because one can't hardly ship anything over 1kg outside Britain.
,Wow, hopefully I can get a silver PAL in next few weeks.
Message 18 of 53 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3451 posts

May 7, 2005
NJ man but i just sent mine in to sony
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Home Beta Tester since May 07
Message 19 of 53 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
58 posts

May 7, 2005
So Sony may repair your system, but only under certain circumstances if it has opened, etc.?
Message 20 of 53 (31 Views)
0 Likes