Highlighted
Feb 04 2012
By: AwesomeShockWave Hekseville Citizen 258 posts

taco bell code printed right on the box?

4 replies 21 views Edited Feb 4, 2012

I thought i give it a shoot and see if i can win a psv. I already pre-order mine, this is just for fun. I went to taco bell and get a $5 plus tax inside the box psv. I notice they printed the code right on the outside of the box. Anyone working at taco bell can easily copy the codes and used them their self. Also i think it would be really easy for the person who delivered the boxes could of just peek at the codes. If sony was to do this, they should of make it scratchable. I heard of ppl using their codes and it said its already been enter. BTW i did not win.

Message 1 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Re: taco bell code printed right on the box?

Feb 4, 2012

Im not sure but maybe they are not valid intill they are scanned at the register.

Message 2 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7101 posts

Feb 4, 2012

I do think it's a poor decision to have the code on the outside, but employees aren't eligible so if they stole the codes, they'd be risking their jobs (crappy as they are) without any benefit for themselves.

Message 3 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Feb 4, 2012

I guess they "thought out of the box" hahahaha.... yeah, lame joke.

No, but seriously that's a bit discouraging.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 4 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1268 posts

Feb 4, 2012

I bought two of those $5 boxes, and I noticed how similar the codes are to each other; just a letter and number different from each other. So people might just be generating their own codes by trying all kinds of crazy combinations.

The idea of that just kind of discourages me from trying to win. No wonder why other people are reporting that their codes aren't working. It's not just the fact that codes are printed right on the boxes themselves.

Message 5 of 5 (21 Views)
0 Likes