Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 11 2012
By: darkwingduck2709 First Son 5 posts

support needed for TMNT classic arcade game idea

5 replies 372 views Edited Dec 11, 2012

Hi there!  I hope this topic will attract a lot of attention to all who are fans of this arcade game and want it for download because right now I want this game soooooooooooo badly.  Ever since I was a kid, I am a fan of the original 1987 cartoon series (gotta love the theme song) and I remember this game at Skate Odyssey in Huntsville, AL.  I have never beatin it before when I was real young and right now I have it on the arcade emulator called MAME, but it lacks good color and sound.  Also, I can't afford to buy the PS2 game TMNT 2: Battle Nexus just because it has the original arcade game as a bonus, besides it had altered music and most of the voice clips edited out and I'd rather stick to the original arcade game.  It is totally unfair knowing that Xbox 360 has had it for download since March 14, 2007 and we don't.  Also the Playstation Store managed to have these other Konami arcade games for download: X-Men and The Simpsons.  The PSN must work on releasing this game for download.  I hope there are a lot of you guys who feel the same way as I do.  I would really appreciate it if you will help support this idea that has been posted by RESgtrn on August 8, 2012.

Here's the link: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/08/08/tmnt-classic-arcade-game/

Hopefully with your votes and supporting comments, the PSN will have the game up for download before we can say COWABUNGA!

Message 1 of 6 (372 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: support needed for TMNT classic arcade game idea

Dec 11, 2012
Sorry to tell you this, but this isn't likely to happen mainly because Konami no longer holds the TMNT licence because their rights have expired. I believe Ubisoft has the licence now.

There was a remake of Turtles In Time available on PSN once, but it was removed for the reason I stated before....
Message 2 of 6 (356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 11, 2012

DADGUM IT!  THAT'S NOT FAIR!  THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! :smileymad: They should think about how hopeful customers like me would feel about this: disappointed and not to mention enraged.  According to a screenshot I have seen of the Xbox 360 version it had the trademarks of both Ubisoft and Konami.  Just because Ubisoft has all the rights of the franchise now, it doesn't mean it will never have the right for a chance to be downloaded on the PSN, THAT IS JUST PLAIN UNFAIR!  I want to believe that there is a chance if (like I said when I began this topic) everyone who wants this game as much as I do will vote and leave supporting comments for the idea on the blog.  I have already voted and left my own comment and so far it only has 13 votes in total(that means the score is +13).  According to the Submission FAQ, it says that if you feel that your idea deserves attention, the best thing to do is encourage other users to vote for it and leave comments, well that is exactly what I'm doing.  So please share this with others who want this game for download.

Message 3 of 6 (351 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Try going to Xbox.com and see if that TMNT game is still posted. I couldn't find it, probably for the reasons I stated before. The only one I saw was Ubisoft's TMNT game.

IMO buying TMNT 2: Battle Nexus is your best bet. I don't know why you state you can't afford it, on eBay many copies of that game go for less than $5...
Message 4 of 6 (331 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Maybe you didn't read the whole post word by word.  I already said that I don't want TMNT 2: Battle Nexus because it is said that the original arcade game (which was included as a bonus) had altered music and most of the voice clips edited out.  I very much rather stick to the orignial arcade game with the original music and original voice clips.  As of right now the current score of votes for the idea is still +13.  I have already sent private messages to those who have commented before on wanting the original game and hopefully they will answer them soon.  When they do, hopefully they will spread the word to everyone else they know in the forum who wants the game and hopefully then we can make a difference.

Message 5 of 6 (317 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 12, 2012
I read what you wrote. You said you can't afford it and you rather not have it, not that you didn't want it. It might not be ideal, but I am afraid that is probably the closest you are going to get, because I don't believe that Konami is going to pay Ubisoft to republish Turtles in Time or take the time to make the original TMNT arcade game on PSN, and still have to pay Ubisoft...
Message 6 of 6 (308 Views)
0 Likes