Jan 25 2012
By: pokemastuh First Son 4 posts

support for ps3 services in south america/suporte para servicos de ps3 para america do sul

4 replies 128 views Edited Jan 25, 2012

hello to anyone out there,my name is pokemastuh and i live in brazil,south america.it has come to my recent attention that all the services besides basic psn services DONT WORK in brazil.the gamer community is growing in brazil,but unless they encourage this growth by giving us at least SOME of the priveleges that our american counterparts have,then they will have lost a large amount of potential gamers.when i say privileges i mean things like MUBI,VidZone,netflix,etc. its time to make sony aware of our presence.we're gamers in brazil,we're here and deserve the same rights gamers in america get.

em portugues abaixo:

ola,sou pokemastuh,e para todos que estao lendo,eu tenho uma coisa a dizer:nois somos jogadores brasileiros.o mundo dos games esta sempre crescendo,ate mesmo em brasil,o unico problema é que a sony nao esta ciente disto.a comunidade de jogadores na america latina esta crescendo,porem sony esta sendo negligente deste fato.jogadores americanos tem um tonelada de privilegios para os seus ps3,enquanto nois somos deprivados destes privilegios.nois somos tao bem quanto eles e merecemos o devido respeito e suporte para servicos como netflix,MUBI,VidZone,e outros.esta é uma oportunidade para sony ganhar mais jogadores e para os jogadores mostrar que merecemos os mesmos direitos que os americanos.

in response to this i urge everyone who reads this to send a letter to sony requesting the support we deserve.

em portugues:em resposta direta desta discussao,peco a todos que tenham lido:mandem uma carta para sony explicando porque merecemos esses privilegios e pedindo que sony comece a trabalhar nesse assunto imediatamente.

pokemastuh,signing off.

pokemastuh,concluindo.

Message 1 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29173 posts

Re: support for ps3 services in south america/suporte para servicos de ps3 para america do sul

Jan 25, 2012

It's not about slighting Brazil. It has to do with international copyright law(s).

Message 2 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: support for ps3 services in south america/suporte para servicos de ps3 para america do sul

Jan 25, 2012

i understand that,but even so.there  is support for a great many other places,ones that would seem to come in after south america in the priority line,yet still,here we are...

Message 3 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29173 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Again, it's not about "support for a great many other places". The companies that run these services can not do business at the moment in your country due to certain copyright restrictions, tax laws, and other factors. Netflix can only legally offer their service in the United States because they are based in the United States. I'm sure if they could offer it to Brazil, they would. Unfortunately it's not as simple as saying "ALAKAZAM!".

Playstation.com is regionalized. If you have an inquiriy you might want to direct it to the Brazilian site.

http://br.playstation.com/index.htm

Message 4 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Jan 25, 2012

i did actually try that...the BR site is fudged up,i couldnt even log in.

im sure we all wish we could ALAKAZAM stuff though =)

whatever the case,i just wanted to get people to notice the subject.maybe if enough people are conscious of this,we may be able to get the gears moving,so to speak.

Message 5 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes