Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 14 2013
By: bowhunter4L Lombax Warrior 181 posts

sub acct

7 replies 71 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

i have a sub acct for my son but we arent able to play online when he is at his moms or with me whats the deal

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (71 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28717 posts

Re: sub acct

Jan 14, 2013

bowhunter4L wrote:

i have a sub acct for my son but we arent able to play online when he is at his moms or with me whats the deal

I know this is a stupid question, but there is an active internet connection at both places right?

Also are there possible parental restrictions in place preventing the online play?

Are you getting any error codes at all, what happens when he does try to play online?

Basically we need some more information to be able to assist you.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (67 Views)
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jan 14, 2013

when he tries to sign in on his ps3 its says their is a connection failure or their is more than one signed in

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jan 14, 2013

also it shouldnt matter how many consoles for the network since I have a router its just that psn isnt accepting his sub acct.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jan 14, 2013

UPDATE  ok he can sign in on PSN through the computer and veiw the forums and such but when he signs in on his ps3 it says he cannot sign in using another users sign id (email address) **bleep** is going on? this is getting to be too much BS

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Jan 15, 2013

You probably have a different PSN Account signed in on the system... that's why you cannot sign in.

What you can do is create a new user under [Users] OR delete the current user you are trying to sign in on.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jan 15, 2013

ok so if I did a format on his hard drive and strated from scratch and he signs in with the sub acct. that  might work? and instead of using his full name as a user he could use nick name?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48157 posts

Jan 15, 2013

bowhunter4L wrote:

ok so if I did a format on his hard drive and strated from scratch and he signs in with the sub acct. that  might work? and instead of using his full name as a user he could use nick name?

no don't do that.

Just try making a new sub account of the main account you are currently using, then try logging in with the new sub account and see what happens.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (20 Views)
0 Likes