Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 07 2012
By: skeletor5 First Son 28 posts

sub accounts and playstation plus access with vita

7 replies 1591 views Edited Dec 7, 2012

I've purchased my son  vita for christmas that came with 3 free months of ps+. He has a sub-account on my ps3 and I've activated the vita under his sub account(he'd never go for playing under my account). My question is do I have to activate the ps+ codes on his sub account for him to have access to the instant game collection for his vita or will he have access if I activated the codes on the master account. I'd like to play some of the free ps3 games myself. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (1,591 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

Re: sub accounts and playstation plus access with vita

Dec 7, 2012

Check out the thread on this which I have started... Please contact Sony Customer Service and complain...  Your voice matters...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/Vita-The-Parents-Nightmare-Disgusted-At-Sony...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (1,587 Views)
Sackboy
509 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

Ignore endustry94.

PSN sub/master accounts are designed for individual people. Meaning, if you have a master account and your child has a sub account, you have access to your content and he has access to his. The PS+ activation code grants a user(a person) access to ps+. So you'd need to choose between him or yourself. For you to access ps+, you'd need to use his account, if you used the code on his sub-account. On ps3, however, you can have both accounts active, so you could download with his account, sign out, sign in iwth your psn id on hte same ps3, and play the games.

Witht he current restrictions in place, the best advice I could provide would be to have both your account and his on your ps3. Activate the ps+ pass on his sub-account. He has access to the ocntent on his vita nd your ps3. You can then play games he downloaded on your account on the ps3. However if you have a vita with your account, you cannot use his ps+ content, because vitas only permit one account per device.

Edit: inflammatory content removed

PS3 20gb with 120gb hd *** PS3 40gb *** PS3 80gb *** Ps Vita 3g *** 2x Ps Vita wifi *** 2x White PSP-Go
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (1,577 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Really, you’re going to request to others to ignore me when I am only trying to assist by requesting that individuals submit their dissatisfaction to Sony Customer Service?

What should be ignored, the dissatisfaction of a customer or your inflammatory comments which have been removed?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (1,570 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4534 posts

Dec 7, 2012

endustry94 wrote:

Really, you’re going to request to others to ignore me when I am only trying to assist by requesting that individuals submit their dissatisfaction to Sony Customer Service?

What should be ignored, the dissatisfaction of a customer or your inflammatory comments which have been removed?

Not all customers are dissatisfied.  This poster just asked a question of how to get PS+ on both systems.  Which, if the sub account can subscribe to PS+ (which I think they now can), is the way to do it.  If it works, I'm sure they'll be satisfied.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (1,562 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
124 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Fair enough, but reason for inflammatory comments which required editing by a moderator? 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (1,559 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Dec 8, 2012

skeletor5 wrote:

I've purchased my son  vita for christmas that came with 3 free months of ps+. He has a sub-account on my ps3 and I've activated the vita under his sub account(he'd never go for playing under my account). My question is do I have to activate the ps+ codes on his sub account for him to have access to the instant game collection for his vita or will he have access if I activated the codes on the master account. I'd like to play some of the free ps3 games myself. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

In order for your son to be able to play the PS Vita 'Instant game collection' games on his vita, PS+ will have to be redeemed on the account associated with his Vita.

The good news for you is that any PS3 'Instant game Collection' games downloaded to your PS3 through his PSN account will be playable by any other user on that PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (1,534 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 12, 2013
As a parent with a PS3 and Vita registered under my account with a PS+ subscription I also find this policy to be a money grab. I bought my son a Vita and expected him to enjoy the benefits of the PS+ membership just like he does now on our PS3. I have not opened the Vita yet so I am seriously considering a return to the store. Unacceptable... Right up there with the proprietary memory cards. Sony needs to change the policy to show they support people that pay for games. Sony could easily provide this service as each and every Vita has a unique ID.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (1,134 Views)
0 Likes