Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2465 posts

Re: starting to get frustrated with the VIta games library...or lack their of.

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

1. There was a huge spike for everything during Black Friday, and the PSV is the one who sold the least even under the Wii and regular DS. There are sales at Gamestop and GAME (you could think of them as Europe's version of Gamestop). The PSV still sells like crap oversease. Also, refer to my valid example of how sales in Japan did nothing. Price cut did~.

Furthermore, what interests third party developers isn't the burst effect of Black Friday, it's the overall sales a system manage to sustain overtime. Nobody's going to develop games for a system that sells 6k weekly and 250k on a National Holiday. They'll, however, develop for a system that sells 20k+ units weekly as that shows there is a genuine interest in the system. Namco made this painfully evident a couple of weeks ago when they stated that they wouldn't bring both PSV remakes of Tale games until the sales pick up. A price cut will make that possible, a sale once a year (or a few times spread across some stores nobody is religiously checking) won't~.

2. Nintendo fans would beg to differ, the first party games are worth the price of entry. For a lot of people, MGS4 was worth the price of entry for the PS3. Halo does it for MS fans. Every system needs a killer app for which you'd gladly shell out the cash to get a system~.

3. Having to be installing / uninstalling / restoring from a PC is a hassle. It's not being lazy. If it wouldn't be a hassle people would switch accounts left and right, but they don't. It's designed to be a hassle. And in this day and age, I want to stuff my memcards with everything I have to have everything readily available at any time. Thus, the issue isn't as shallow as people make it out to be. I do agree it isn't as critical either other than the fact nobody wants to fork $99 for a 32GB memcard on day one after the dished $250 for a PSV~.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9700 posts

Apr 18, 2013
What the Vita needs is better games in the PS Mobile section. Have you browsed through the PS Mobile section? It's absolute crap games for the vast majority and most $1.99 and up. Browse through the iphone's app store and see fun looking and playing games at 99 cents for most. Why are iphones and android phones have simpler type games that play more fun than PS Mobile's junk? Sony needs to stop allowing these indy junk games in their PS Mobile section, it's not good for business. Sony needs to get with the ios and android developers and put those phone games that are fun and addictive.
But sure Vita can still play those games like Uncharted that are amazing in every way something the iphone cannot.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Waiting for E3 wont solve anything, it will just reconfirm you are going to be waiting longer for games that get annoumced.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

memory cards, I just think the issue is overblown. Nobody needs to have every game they own installed at once. If you're too cheap to subscribe to PS+ for the online saves, then as you mentioned, you can always take the time to back up to your PC. Otherwise, yes, you'll have to suck it up and pay for another card or two, but that's of your own choosing. Even if prices are cut, you'd still probably have to shell out $50 for a 32GB card, which is the same you'd pay for a year of PS+, which would net you some games as well. If you feel the memory card is a greater value, then that's your prerogative, but don't blame Sony's pricing.

Your point to me is really misguided.  Gamesaves are not big memory consumers and having them on the cloud is a good sense of security in case something happens to your memory card.  Prices are not competitive and you say that people do not need their entire library.  Thing is the ps vita is a portable console so people want options when they are mobile with their device.  Furthermore, Sony also sells movies and shows which take up a lot of space so not all that space is being used on games.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (52 Views)
0 Likes