Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 07 2012
By: Air_Lingus First Son 2 posts

sony support are a joke,

[ Edited ]
5 replies 183 views Edited Dec 10, 2012

so yesterday i went to work at 8am leaving the house empty, turned the ps3 on to download this weeks plus content, then get an email  at 1040 explaining i had just purchased the black ops 2 season pass for 42 quid,  thought that was a bit wierd considering the only person in the house all day is an 84 year old grandmother who barely knows how to open the fridge let alone what a playstation is or how to use it. 

gave support a ring who after taking my details in triplicate because the guy logging the call was on a different screen on his computer and could not be bothered to look what he had already typed i am told i cant have a refund as it was probably my granmother who purchased it. nice one sony 42 quid out of pocket for dlc for a game i dont even own or want. 

later that night i turned the tv on after getting in to discover it had also downloaded it 31 times, again very wierd,  load up battlefield and start playing then all of a sudden the controler starts going nuts switching between weapons and throwing grenafes and stuff,  goes to the deployment screen and then starts very quickly switching between classes and randomly changing loadouts and weapons,  only fix is to turn off the controller and back on again,  it does this 3 times on different servers.

anyway i call back sony today also explaining this and they were pretty rude about it with the support tech calling be "bruv" a few times,  very unprofessional IMO i explain the issue with the controller and he was adament it was an issue with tthe game and playing it online and nothing to do with somebody buying 42 quids worth of content.  told me there is no chance of me having a refund on it and then gave me some more rudeness, i asked to speak to his supervisor who i was then told i have to have my name put on a list and wait 24 hours for them to call me.

all i can say is sony support are a **bleep** joke, totally unprofessional and if this is tthe way they go about retaining loyal customers then i dont know

absolute joke.

Edit: inappropriate language removed

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Re: sony support are a joke,

Dec 7, 2012

I feel your pain.  I was there once.  

You can't get anywhere with them.  I found a way eventually, but it took a lot of my time and my effort.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
6730 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Hey there, 

Have you tried contacting the support staff over in the UK boards?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/?category.id=55

They might have better insight for you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (170 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: sony support are a joke

Dec 11, 2012

i am talking about the support stuff in the london office,  

still not had any joy and have now been refferred to 2 supervisors who have been rude and arrogant towards me,  had it escalated to head office , somebody called me a day after but i missed the call then called back and was told they are too busy to talk to be and will call me another time,  this was 2 days ago. 

at least microsoft and nintendo give a **bleep** about their customers the ordeal i have had was been far from ideal

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (122 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Re: sony support are a joke

Dec 11, 2012

Air_Lingus wrote:

i am talking about the support stuff in the london office,  

still not had any joy and have now been refferred to 2 supervisors who have been rude and arrogant towards me,  had it escalated to head office , somebody called me a day after but i missed the call then called back and was told they are too busy to talk to be and will call me another time,  this was 2 days ago. 

at least microsoft and nintendo give a **bleep** about their customers the ordeal i have had was been far from ideal

I think they are all trained the same way, regardless of what country they are in.  They are most likely gamers themselves, who have a power trip working for Sony.  I am sure they get deep discounts and or free stuff, so they really cannot relate to the common consumer like you and I.

I think they just try to get the customer mad enough to warrant a hang-up.  I have had better dealings with the online help, than on the phone.  The phone Jockies are smug here in the States as well.  Not sure what their real beef is.  If they are aggravated by complaint calls, then they chose the wrong vocation. IMHO.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Dec 14, 2012

this is pure trolling. ignore him hes lying.

One day at a time babe....
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (85 Views)
0 Likes