Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 04 2012
By: mallbros Monster Hunter 42 posts

somebody managed to port psp cfw to vita **bleep**...

[ Edited ]
31 replies 957 views Edited Oct 4, 2012

i know sony is not readin this..but someone managed to port a cfw from the psp emu to the vita...hopefully this is as far as they go and sony will make all the measures to stop those **bleep** jackers...seriously no matter what they tell that it will not lead to piracy is lying to your face cause it probably orr inevitably will

as of now i heard that it can now run psp iso on the vita...hope thet the vita kernel is secured so that they wont be able to run pirated copies of vita games

Edit: link removed

Message 1 of 32 (957 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Re: somebody managed to port psp cfw to vita **bleep**...

Oct 4, 2012

u got a source for this news?

or are u just now hearing about the stuff from a few weeks ago?

Message 2 of 32 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Oct 4, 2012
wololo should have a couple drinks then drive home over the speed limit!
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 3 of 32 (919 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

something you all should know about this. it is only on the psp side of the ps vita. the ps vita side has not been touched. but the psp side now has been fully hacked they got the psp kernel, but the ones who hacked it put security on it so no one else can hack it. (but having the psp kernel will not help anyway since they need the ps vita's kernel.)

so yeah psp side of the ps vita is fully hacked. ps vita side still has not been figured out. (i found this out by research and all posts about it. seems the commenters of said posts have no idea what any of this is.)

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 4 of 32 (906 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12342 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

something you all should know about this. it is only on the psp side of the ps vita. the ps vita side has not been touched. but the psp side now has been fully hacked they got the psp kernel, but the ones who hacked it put security on it so no one else can hack it. (but having the psp kernel will not help anyway since they need the ps vita's kernel.)

so yeah psp side of the ps vita is fully hacked. ps vita side still has not been figured out. (i found this out by research and all posts about it. seems the commenters of said posts have no idea what any of this is.)

Still, discouraging.

Sony should hurry up and make more PSP titles compatible. Otherwise people will just hack the Vita for PSP games.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 32 (882 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I'll be honest I was all over the custom firmware scene in the PSP days. Heck my PSP 3000 is only used now to play GBA and SNES games. That's all fine and good. I'm totally okay with Wololo and his crew keeping up with the PSP, but they need to let go of the Vita. The way it's gonna go down is they keep hacking away at the PSP emulator on the Vita and Sony decides to pull the thing altogether. Meaning the more they hack away, the more features Sony's going to have to take away from us Vita owners, especially the ability to play PSP games. So I say whatever, have the PSP. Keep my emulators running at full speed and keep the XMB customization coming, but leave the Vita out of this. It has so much potential and I'd really hate to see developers abandon the Vita just because the PSP hackers weren't satisfied.

Need to hack something? Get a droid.

Message 6 of 32 (876 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3124 posts

Oct 4, 2012
1st this isn't a Vita hack or CFW, they are only exploiting the PSP emulation of the Vita. 2nd this is not allowed to be talked about on these forums and this thread will be deleted.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 7 of 32 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Oct 4, 2012
The moderators don't need your help in policing the forums.
Message 8 of 32 (823 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3124 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Hey im just giving a friendly reminder, you know at one time Sony allowed these kinds of talks when the PSP 1st came out. Everyday there was hundreds of threads only about hacking and downloading games, but that was long ago. I just don't want anyone's account being suspended over these kinds of post, trust me its happened to me in the past.

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 9 of 32 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7624 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:
The moderators don't need your help in policing the forums.

Mods actually need forumers to point out what they think is questionable. Technically, hitting the report button is helping them to police the forums. :smileywink:

I'm not really surprised this happened. Due to the accuracy of the PSP emulator, PSP exploits work on it. As long as the Vita side of things don't get affected, I wouldn't jump up and down in panic. That said, however, Sony needs to tighten things up as they go.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 10 of 32 (806 Views)
0 Likes