Oct 07 2011
By: dh4645 Uncharted Territory 1551 posts
Accepted Solution

some games auto-update. how do i change which games update? what if i already sold a game that auto updates?

5 replies 36 views Edited Oct 7, 2011

for most of my current games, i want them to auto-update, but what if there is a game i dont play often or already sold it...how do i change the auto update for that game?

for any games i dont have anymore, i obviously wouldnt want patches downloaded.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

Re: some games auto-update. how do i change which games update? what if i already sold a game that auto updates?

Oct 7, 2011

for games you no longer have: delete the game file. under games in the xmb, on top that list is game files - it is safe to delete these they are not your saves. so even if you rebuy the game youll still have your saves

and i actually do this for alot of my games i dont play as much anymore - even if i still have them- only haveing a 120gb HD right now and it stays packed - so games i dont plan on playing for a while i delete - these files can be quite big - sometimes bigger then the actual game (in the case of ones i download)

hope this helps

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (36 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4826 posts

Re: some games auto-update. how do i change which games update? what if i already sold a game that auto updates?

Oct 7, 2011

You can just simply delete them.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1551 posts

Oct 7, 2011

thank you, i didn't know if the auto update was related to the game data or game save...or something else.

thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5403 posts

Oct 7, 2011

dh4645 wrote:

thank you, i didn't know if the auto update was related to the game data or game save...or something else.

thanks!

Plats: Uncharted 1&2, Killzone 2&3, Infamous, Rachet/Clank, MW2, POP, POP: TFS, GOW 1,2&3, Ski-Doo, Heavy Rain, BFBC2, Dead Space, Saw, Just Cause 2, MoH&Frontline, Sonic's UAC, NBA Jam, Sly 1

Before you delete the game data be sure that you have a game save for that game. With Little Big Planet, for example, unless you export/backup your game save your progress is actually saved in the Game Data folder.

Just a heads up.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

Oct 7, 2011

AND rock band - keeps all there dlc songs there as well

ProfessorTripp wrote:

dh4645 wrote:

thanks!

Plats: Uncharted 1&2, Killzone 2&3, Infamous, Rachet/Clank, MW2, POP, POP: TFS, GOW 1,2&3, Ski-Doo, Heavy Rain, BFBC2, Dead Space, Saw, Just Cause 2, MoH&Frontline, Sonic's UAC, NBA Jam, Sly 1

Before you delete the game data be sure that you have a game save for that game. With Little Big Planet, for example, unless you export/backup your game save your progress is actually saved in the Game Data folder.

Just a heads up.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (36 Views)
0 Likes