Highlighted
Aug 26 2013
By: Bluenite0100 First Son 7 posts

solution to consoles falling behind

30 replies 400 views Edited Aug 26, 2013

As we all know PC is the master race and in 2 years will be pulling away from the PS4

as a avid console player I cant stand how they fall behind and I've come up with an idea that would keep the console up to date with pc as long as it can

Sony every 2 years should offer an optional hardware upgrades to the console

this would intern not only get sony more money but let players have a more powerful machine

I know I am probably not the first to come up with this, I was bored so I posted it here

Message 1 of 31 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13094 posts

Re: solution to consoles falling behind

Aug 26, 2013
Thats a stupid idea the whole point of consoles is so that we don't have to worry about upgrading every year
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 2 of 31 (398 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

Hmmm I like the idea not sure how good it would work

Edit: this is the beginning of the PS4 they have not even pushed the power of the PS4 to close of its limits so we will see later on in the consoles life span not only that graphics really dont play that big of a part for me yes its good to have but im a gamer and I prefer playing on a console rather than a computer 

Message 3 of 31 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8179 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Bluenite0100 wrote:

As we all know PC is the master race and in 2 years will be pulling away from the PS4

And we know that the PC makes developers lazy, relying on regular hardware upgrades to run their bloated, buggy games rather than sitting down and optimizing the games to make it run better on capable current hardware.

I'm looking at you, Bethesda.

Message 4 of 31 (394 Views)
Splicer
63 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Bluenite0100 wrote:

And we know that the PC makes developers lazy, relying on regular hardware upgrades to run their bloated, buggy games rather than sitting down and optimizing the games to make it run better on capable current hardware.

So you're saying that developers design their software for future versions of PC hardware?
Message 5 of 31 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7954 posts

Aug 26, 2013
Obvious **bleep** troll is obvious
Hey That Chris signature
Message 6 of 31 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8179 posts

Aug 26, 2013

panhandler wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Bluenite0100 wrote:

So you're saying that developers design their software for future versions of PC hardware?

I said make it run better for current mainstream hardware.

Message 7 of 31 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7954 posts

Aug 26, 2013
Doppel...
You're feeding them...
Hey That Chris signature
Message 8 of 31 (355 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6002 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

Have you seen the games that first came out on the PS3 to the games we get now on PS3?

Compare Uncharted 1 to The Last of Us - it took years of optimizing and finding ways to work with the set hardware was given to them that millions owned.

Set hardware that is given to devs to work with for 5 years or more allow the developers to get to know the ins and outs of the console and find ways to optimize their engine over years to do things they never could from the beginning or initial first game released. 

The idea of yours sounds super awful, fracturing a user base beyond belief (we have 5 - 7 already, but you want it to be even worse), and totally defeats what the definition of a console is. If I wanted to do this idea of yours, I would have just stuck to PC gaming only.

I understand where some of the Vita/ PC combo gamers are coming from, I use to be part of the PC Master Race with all the snob attitude that came with it (consoles? Bleh!) but not everyone want to toss out hardware upgrades every 2 years or so (or less). The economy isn't the greatest, people want an affordable price (~$500) for a powerful item to play games that's easy to use, pop the disc in the tray, and play with no issues or worrying about anything.

If price of the games were the issue (trying to not bring up Steam), the PS3 and 360 and the consoles before it and the consoles coming out soon would have failed in regards to sales. The console market is there, so adding a burden of worrying about if the console has been upgraded recently every two years is a no go from none of the console creators. I don't see them doing it no matter the profit. 

Consoles aren't PC's, despite the tech inside the PS4 and Xbox One, there's a difference between the two.

Edit: After looking at the guys PSN Trophy card... I'm now not coming back in this thread, argument is moot now. Check out the users card yourself. I'll just leave this link here, I'll post the picture later if someone else doesn't...

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5235444224/h8B9B3612/

Message 9 of 31 (345 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Bluenite0100 wrote:

Umm... PC will ALWAYS be ahead of consoles... It already is NOW.

as a avid console player

No you're not.... you only have COD, Battlefield 3 and NFL games on your profile, all of which, were started in April and May of this year. You're about as casual as it gets.

Sony every 2 years should offer an optional hardware upgrades to the console

this would intern not only get sony more money but let players have a more powerful machine

Then people should get a PC if they want to CONSTANTLY spend exorbitant amounts of money upgrading their machines.
The idea of a console is that its a UNIFORM hardware spec for the entire generation.
This would not make Sony more money, because the logistics involved in implementing that would could MASSIVE amounts of money and COMPLETELY DERAIL what Sony is already set out to do.....

I know I am probably not the first to come up with this, I was bored so I posted it here
No, you're not. And you certainly won't be the last. But you will ALWAYS be shot down because of how stupid it is.

doc

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 31 (317 Views)