Highlighted
Feb 15 2012
By: Ming_Dragon Wastelander 842 posts

so uhh.. anyway know how to cross play yet?

9 replies 102 views Edited Feb 15, 2012

Just playing Wipeout 2048, wondering how I cross play it with the ps3, as in pause the vita and pick it up on the ps3. (and vise versa).

Don't really care too much at this point, Im just trying to test all of the features ^_^

Message 1 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11370 posts

Re: so uhh.. anyway know how to cross play yet?

Feb 15, 2012

I don't think cross play is intended to work that way.  I think Wipeout crossplay is setup to race against both PS3 and Vita opponents.  I know that Wipeout HD received the cross play update last night.

Message 2 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 15, 2012

There are promiting videos saying cross-play will allow you to pause your game on the ps3, and pick it up on the vita.

I knew already about the connecting to ps3 opponets aspect already.

Meh oh well, Its not that huge of a deal. I'd probably never use the feature anyway. Thanks for the answer

Message 3 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

There are promiting videos saying cross-play will allow you to pause your game on the ps3, and pick it up on the vita.

I knew already about the connecting to ps3 opponets aspect already.

Meh oh well, Its not that huge of a heal. I'd probably never use the feature anyway.

that is MLB and warrior's lair you are talking about and that's called transfarring. with wipeout 2048 you play with ps3 members online.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 4 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11370 posts

Feb 15, 2012

As far as I can tell, there are currently only 3 or 4 tracks that support cross play.  Hopefully a future update adds more tracks (particularly tracks from the HD Fury add on).

Message 5 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Feb 15, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

As far as I can tell, there are currently only 3 or 4 tracks that support cross play.  Hopefully a future update adds more tracks (particularly tracks from the HD Fury add on).

yes it is that many tracks that support cross play. (it uses HD Fury's tracks. according to news reports. also according to news reports they said you can just play with other ps vita members if you choose to.)

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 6 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12383 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

Just playing Wipeout 2048, wondering how I cross play it with the ps3, as in pause the vita and pick it up on the ps3. (and vise versa).

Don't really care too much at this point, Im just trying to test all of the features ^_^

how the game uses cross play varies depending on the game..

as far as wipeout is concerned...  it allows you to participate in multiplayer matches with people playing the game on the ps3

so far the only games i know that allows you to use 1 save file for the 2 defferent plafroms is mlb 12 the show, and warriors lair

>

Message 7 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11370 posts

Feb 15, 2012

So what are the tracks you can cross play?  I've seen Vineta K (Which is a track that has appeared in all Wipeout games, afaik).  What are the others?  And please tell me Eliminator made it into 2048 as a race event.  That's my favorite mode from Fury.

Message 8 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Feb 15, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

So what are the tracks you can cross play?  I've seen Vineta K (Which is a track that has appeared in all Wipeout games, afaik).  What are the others?  And please tell me Eliminator made it into 2048 as a race event.  That's my favorite mode from Fury.

no information on what tracks. sorry. just also know that you can only play the tracks during cross play on the ps vita and that it is wipeout hd furry tracks.(also the other stuff I said. I do not have a ps vita yet to I do not know.)

Message 9 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Cross play, remote play and Transfarring are three different things. Wipeout doesn't support Transfarring where you can have the same game on both the Vita and PS3 and transfer your save and continue playing from one to the other. It does support cross play which allows someone with Wipeout on the Vita to play someone with Wipeout HD on the PS3 but only on tracks available on both and not those exclusive to the Vita game.

Message 10 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes