Highlighted
Feb 15 2012
By: FARGONATIVE Hekseville Citizen 298 posts

so bait and switch?? Say it isn't so...

3 replies 9 views Edited Feb 15, 2012

Free month of Data Connect?  Sure, no problem, free AFTER you pay for a month!

Free Game?  Nope you gotta wait 30 days for that free game.

Tell me I'm wrong.  If this is accurate, shame on Sony for not putting this stuff in BIG PRINT.  I never saw those disclosures regarding the game, or free month anywhere on Amazon's or Newegg's site when I was looking yesterday.   Sure seems shady....

That confirms I'll just use my phone's hotspot if I'm out and about.  ATT is garbage anyway unless you're in NYC.

Target already doing buy 2 get 1 free this weekend.  Like I said, glad I held off.  To you guys who said "oh it's worth every penny" we'll see how long til I see this on sale on slickdeals.net.

I'll give it 2 weeks tops..there will be sales. 

Not saying it's not a good product, but saying that there will be sales and they want to boost their quarterly numbers badly after the disastrous 4th qtr Sony had in 2011....

Message 1 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Re: so bait and switch?? Say it isn't so...

Feb 15, 2012

I understood that the game was after 30 days and the free month was only if you bought a month. Not sure why you didn't figure it out.

Message 2 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11003 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Someone doesn't pay attention to asterisks.  First question I asked at Gamestop when I was considering upping my preorder to the launch bundle was what the asterisk was for.  I found out then that you get the free 250MB of data when you activate, but the game voucher comes 2-4 weeks after completion of the first paid month of service.

Message 3 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11832 posts

Feb 15, 2012

FARGONATIVE wrote:

Free month of Data Connect?  Sure, no problem, free AFTER you pay for a month!

Free Game?  Nope you gotta wait 30 days for that free game.

Tell me I'm wrong.  If this is accurate, shame on Sony for not putting this stuff in BIG PRINT.  I never saw those disclosures regarding the game, or free month anywhere on Amazon's or Newegg's site when I was looking yesterday.   Sure seems shady....

That confirms I'll just use my phone's hotspot if I'm out and about.  ATT is garbage anyway unless you're in NYC.

Target already doing buy 2 get 1 free this weekend.  Like I said, glad I held off.  To you guys who said "oh it's worth every penny" we'll see how long til I see this on sale on slickdeals.net.

I'll give it 2 weeks tops..there will be sales. 

Not saying it's not a good product, but saying that there will be sales and they want to boost their quarterly numbers badly after the disastrous 4th qtr Sony had in 2011....

its not bait and switch... you are going to get your free game and 250mb extra alotment of data...  you just have to do your first paid month first...  it doesnt matter when you get it as long as you get it...  and honestly, this way it prevents people from having a free game and extra data alotment without paying anything, as this offer is only given in return of signing up for the 3g service..  , you know how many people would sign up and then cancel the serviced before the free time is up and recieved their free game before they even pay for their first month???  look you want your free stuff the least you can do is to commit to 1 month of paid service...  and another thing this is a at&t offering has nothing to do with sony...  at&t is covering  the cost of the copies of stardust to the people who are eligable for it..  this is the way these type of offers work..

>

Message 4 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes