Apr 25 2012
By: highoffcoffee496 Lombax Warrior 182 posts

skype causing freezes?

6 replies 437 views Edited Apr 25, 2012

Has anyone elses Vita froze on them? My vita froze the first time when i tried to click a notification that I had a missed call and it froze again this morning while i had skype on standby mode. anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 7 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: skype causing freezes?

Apr 25, 2012

I have got about 10 freeze s so far all have been when skype was running in the background ,had to hold the power  button for 20 seconds and reboot.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Message 2 of 7 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Apr 26, 2012

I got a notification saying the Vita was running hot so it turned off my 3G connection. And I noticed when turning it off it slows down a lot. Skype just needs time to settle, get a couple of updates, so on.

Message 3 of 7 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Apr 26, 2012

none here, been running skype in the back ground since tuesday, while playing Disagea 3 from full battery to the low battery message, then I put it back on my charger until its done then go at it again  (im a rpg crack head) . so far no over heating messages or freezes.. yet *knocks on wood*

Photobucket

Message 4 of 7 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 21, 2012

In the past 3 days, I was talkin to people on skype, and its frozen up like 3 times, the one time was on the legit website. I think its just a **bleep** website/app, refrsh it.

Message 5 of 7 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012

hmm this is a first. i always use skype cuz my vita is also my phone. hope your vita gets over its cold. have you tried to reinstall it?

http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 6 of 7 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
623 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Yeah I have been using skype a lot as well and have never had a problem with it. I have had some system crashes/lockups but nothing a simple restart wasn't able to fix. And it has never been while using skype or when skype was open in background. I would also recomend trying to reinstall the app, with a fresh download too

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 7 of 7 (411 Views)