Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Jul 30, 2013

anukis1 wrote:

tired and beyond stupid? your mising the point we buy the game lets say call of duty for example  but we can not play it online unless we have psp ( play station plus)  so in relality you only get part of the game you payed 50 60 70 or 80 bucks for. because in order to play online you need psp. makes the games replay value go down a lot.. and to tell the truth this was just a statment for sony not for you and the fact you said that is just stupid. i mean if you are going to waste your time to reply at least say something worth saying.

Well in that case it has fallen on deaf ears. 

While he is waiting for a response I suggest we let this thread fall off the first page.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 71 of 480 (200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Well, first off the PS4 havent been released yet so that is up to devate, after all is not paying to use your own internet, rather pay to connect to their servers, which they would probably be better since people have too pay for it, which means better mantainance and stuff.

For me, I will stick to my PS3 for  a little longer, atleast until It gets reaaaally outdated like the Wii. Although I am still using my Wii and PS3. Smiley Tongue 

"Inspiration is our best weapon."
Message 72 of 480 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 30, 2013

i never said play stastion plus is a bad service its just when you are forced to pay for it after paying a lot of money for the games you know you want its kind of ridiculous. Also your right about not all games needing playstation plus but me personally, i prefer multiplayer games. Whether you realize it or not so does a huge portion of gamers, go figure right. Lets say your a gamer that prefers these games that require playstation plus so you get it. What happens if those unexpected life moments come into to play where you can afford playstation plus or you have to stop being a member. A lot of people ive met over the course of my online gaming experience have enjoyed the simple "i buy the FULL game, i get to play the FULL game" without having to worry about extra fees or subscriptions, or anything extra that sometimes doesnt appeal to a lot of players. Another point is those "free games" arent very popular. I use to be a playstation plus member until i realized none of its benifits were for me. Some people will like it and some wont. The point, is it should be a choice. Playstation got a decent portion of its fanbase to choose it over the Xbox because of that choice.

Message 73 of 480 (196 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6002 posts

Re: should we pay to play online i want your feedback

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

kingcobra125 wrote:
I somewhat expected this to happen at some point. Eventually it was going to cost to play online.

I don't think it's a great idea. Having online gaming free was a big difference between Playstation and Xbox. For a lot of people including myself, free online gaming was the deciding factor when choosing a console.

With both Sony and Microsoft both charging for online play, and both of the consoles being quite similar, it will come down to the games in deciding which console to run with. Exclusives will play a big role in choosing a console.

Glad a new user understands it...

Some of these "new" users (excluding you  kingcobra125) make me question if they really are. The internet sites have trolls after all, really good ones at that. This site allows multiple accounts, so it would not surprise me in if an entitled person seems to not make headway in their brick walled stubbornness, they choose to make another account to seem many people are having an issue. It's sad but entirely possible and some of the one post complainers showing up and then disappearing forever makes me wonder.

Message 74 of 480 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Re: should we pay to play online I want your feedback

Jul 30, 2013

Nashredd wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:
Yes. Paying will help keep the server healthy and running, and will help us get new features.

What because Sony does not have the money to make it better? Makes no sense, Is Sony is in bankruptcy and have no money .. Please explain? If they had the money shouldn't they make it better instead of forcing it down peoples throats. That's a Microsoft move.  Make it better and people would want to pay for it with out being forced too.

All this does is make computer gaming more attractive. Lets see more expensive console, paying for online play etc.

Totally, I mean who is sony kidding lauching the ps4 at a more expensive price then it did with the ps3... oh wait... nevermind.

Message 75 of 480 (174 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jul 30, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:
Thats a total BS answer.... How is it Sony made millions off of the psn network and downloads of which none went back to the gamers. More profit went towards shareholders on the ps3????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You realize it costs money to make games, right?  The average AAA title has a budget of something like $57,000,000.  The average Indie PSN title has a budget of around $300,000.  Where do you think the money comes from to pay for that?

The money you currently spend on the PSN to buy games goes back into making more games.  A game just doesn't 'appear' on the PSN to purchase.  Games have to be CREATED by studios and production companies.  Would you work at McDonald's flipping burgers for free?  Of course not.  Creating games for you to buy and play is a job that someone gets paid for.  In the case of most games, that involves MANY people getting paid.  Plus rent and utilities and other expenses for the building that houses the game studio...

Yes, Sony gets a cut of everything sold on the PSN, as well, but they turn around and throw the money they make at more developers to create more games for the PSN.  People are complaining because there aren't enough PS1/2 classics available from the store...  those games also cost money to recode for the PS3.  HD Collections?  Cost money to produce.

So...  money made on games...  goes toward making more games.

Money made in Home...  goes toward keeping Home running...

Money made from 'Online Passes'...  goes back to the developers of the games the pass is for (to make up for the loss of a game sale)...

You want to give it another go, or are we done here?

Your forgetting something. Lets say it does cost 57 million to make a game. Im sure the cost of putting that game onto a disk is in that budget. As I've mentioned before if its downloadable where is the overhead other than the cost of development? As I've said before, everyone here offers the same reply. But how come with all that we are already paying, sony can't figure out a way to improve without charging for online?

As for link- Im still looking for the profits psn margin for psn. Sorry its taking a while to find is because of the change over of these forums. So far I've seen 423 million to one billion for 2012 ... and before you ask yes this is pure profit.

Message 76 of 480 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 30, 2013

okie so just because i only have 1 post  im all or 1 of those things? i normaly only post on forums when i fell the need to man and with playstastion i never had to before. Why assume those things anyway? Your assumption is pretty much telling me you like to hate. Anyway...my reason for this post, my first post HERE ABOUT PS(KEY WORDS) is because this is an unfair change Playstation has brought. And dont tell people to shut up, you realize how stupid that sounds? This is why i dont post much, people are so rude and dont even realize you had to take the time to HATE...seriously? like seriously? lol Besides this is why forums exist-to bring up issues, discussions, ETC.

Message 77 of 480 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jul 30, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Just imagine if Sony didn't have to cover the costs for online Multiplayer for the past 15+ years.

There might be enough money to throw at developers for MORE exclusive games and DLC instead of those things going to M$, because they had the foresight to charge for online play for the past 15+ years and had the money to do so...

Just a thought...

I too can play this game. In the console war. Imagine if sony offered free dedicated servers equivalent or better than the network used by xbox1. Who would win the console war?

Message 78 of 480 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 30, 2013

lmoa im a xbot am i? send me a message on the ps3 dude i get on my ps3 every day.. the name is anukis1 and i hate xbox dude and if you dont have any thing to say about the topic i posted about why waste your time replying at all... better yet ill send you a message l8er today..

Message 79 of 480 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I think the free online play of the ps3 is what set it apart from the xbox 360. Without the free network many people will cease using the online features because they simply can't afford them. I for one will continue to play my PS3 until the point that the PS4 is cheaper and only if the network becomes free again. I am quite happy with having the Terrabyte of memory for my ps3 on an external hard drive and have loved the psn of the ps3. 

Furthermore it is simply crazy to have something free for so long and then suddenly charge for it. It would be like a park being free for a decade and then all of a sudden charging for parking. Sure its nice to visit the park but it is not a necessity and  many would as soon go without than be forced to pay for it.

TLSmiley Very HappyR version

I'll keep my ps3 because paying for a service that was always free just seems silly to me and the only reason they will get away with it is because of the "new technology" which really wont be that new and from what i understand is just going to hurt it in the future.

though to be fair... xbox one just sounds like a rip off. Charging a fee for installing a preowned game that makes it cost as much as the new copies... thats just insane.

Message 80 of 480 (194 Views)
0 Likes