MVP Support
13618 posts

Re: should we pay to play online I want your feedback

Jul 30, 2013

Nashredd wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:
Yes. Paying will help keep the server healthy and running, and will help us get new features.

What because Sony does not have the money to make it better? Makes no sense, Is Sony is in bankruptcy and have no money .. Please explain? If they had the money shouldn't they make it better instead of forcing it down peoples throats. That's a Microsoft move.  Make it better and people would want to pay for it with out being forced too.

All this does is make computer gaming more attractive. Lets see more expensive console, paying for online play etc.

Unless you already have a gaming PC, no.

Let's say you don't have a gaming PC, but would like to play all the best games coming out for the next 5 years.

Assuming you buy a midrange desktop that you build yourself, + the upgrading components for the next 5 years (since after 2-3, you usually need a hardware upgrade unless you bought the TOP OF THE LINE stuff in the beginning), then you're looking at at least $1,000.

A PS4 is $400.

5 Years of PS+ Is $250.

That's only $650 for 5 years of service. You're already saving money just by buying the console.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 480 (198 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Re: should we pay to play online i want your feedback

Jul 30, 2013

GRIM__REAFER wrote:
I never in my life thought there would be another one of these.

they all seem to be started with people will less than 10 comments........

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 52 of 480 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jul 30, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

The items you mentioned does not pay for the servers, the Home items helps pay for Home only, while games and stuff on the PSN store, pays the dev of that game, they worked on it, they deserve to get paid for their work.

It's not all that bad, it's only online multiplayer, and since it's PS+ we still get free games as well as other benefits. Every may now have to pay for online multiplayer for the PS4, but it's still a better deal then anywhere else.

Thats a total BS answer.... How is it Sony made millions off of the psn network and downloads of which none went back to the gamers. More profit went towards shareholders on the ps3????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That same money could pay for the internet for online and make the dedicated servers free. But like always the fanboys like yourself say the same thing. At least you get free games. trust me on this that isn't enough..... But my reply will fall on deaf ears as usual. SO be the sheep and continue to support someone who doesn't support you the same way. Imagine that!!!!

Message 53 of 480 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Nashredd wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:
Yes. Paying will help keep the server healthy and running, and will help us get new features.

What because Sony does not have the money to make it better? Makes no sense, Is Sony is in bankruptcy and have no money .. Please explain? If they had the money shouldn't they make it better instead of forcing it down peoples throats. That's a Microsoft move.  Make it better and people would want to pay for it with out being forced too.

All this does is make computer gaming more attractive. Lets see more expensive console, paying for online play etc.

Unless you already have a gaming PC, no.

Let's say you don't have a gaming PC, but would like to play all the best games coming out for the next 5 years.

Assuming you buy a midrange desktop that you build yourself, + the upgrading components for the next 5 years (since after 2-3, you usually need a hardware upgrade unless you bought the TOP OF THE LINE stuff in the beginning), then you're looking at at least $1,000.

A PS4 is $400.

5 Years of PS+ Is $250.

That's only $650 for 5 years of service. You're already saving money just by buying the console.

My point is the price gap is closing... after a couple of years a console is not longer top of the line. No everyone buys a console at launch so a compairable pc will be much less. Plus lets say they charge 50.00 for thier service now what will it be in a couple of years.

Just so you know I have a ps3 and a ps4 on order I also have a gaming lap top... I just think make a good service and you don't have to force people and it will hurt the sales of the ps4. I think the ps4 will be more successful than the ps3 because it is a better system and easier to progam for but paying for online will hurt some potential sales.

Why are they all of a sudden charging? Ask yourself that. Because not enough people signed up for plus. Why is that? another question to ask yourself.

Message 54 of 480 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I guess that all depends on whether on not you want to play online mp.  If you don't, then don't pay for it, if you do then pay for it.  It couldn't possibly be any more simple than that.  The excuse of having had it for free all this time so why should you pay for it now doesn't hold any water.  That's like saying, "Well I've lived at home for free since I was born, so it's unfair now that I'm 30 and still living at home that my parents want to charge me rent."  No amount of complaining is going to change the fact that server maintenance, upgrading, and expansion all cost money and even though Sony is a huge corporation, they can't fiscally afford to continue to pay for it out of pocket.  

Message 55 of 480 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I am not going to answer anymore of these ridiculous post.

Im out.

NO MORE THREADS LIKE THIS.

Please for the love of god if your religious.

Please my mind will explode and possibly this forum.

Insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 56 of 480 (199 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Also something else to think about: if Sony was to have a change of heart and continue to offer online mp for free, don't you think that the money they need to run the servers and such will be made up somewhere else i.e. higher cost for any game that has online mp, cost of console going up, more expensive headsets and other online mp specific accessories???
Message 57 of 480 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3686 posts

Jul 30, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

I am not going to answer anymore of these ridiculous post.

Im out.

NO MORE THREADS LIKE THIS.

Please for the love of god if your religious.

Please my mind will explode and possibly this forum.

Insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

LOL!!!!!!!

Message 58 of 480 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jul 30, 2013

slipknot1979 wrote:

I guess that all depends on whether on not you want to play online mp.  If you don't, then don't pay for it, if you do then pay for it.  It couldn't possibly be any more simple than that.  The excuse of having had it for free all this time so why should you pay for it now doesn't hold any water.  That's like saying, "Well I've lived at home for free since I was born, so it's unfair now that I'm 30 and still living at home that my parents want to charge me rent."  No amount of complaining is going to change the fact that server maintenance, upgrading, and expansion all cost money and even though Sony is a huge corporation, they can't fiscally afford to continue to pay for it out of pocket.  

Really ? How is it there is hardly no cost for running the psn network and downloads that Sony made huge profits off of them? Yet how is it that none of that money improved the service for the ps3? Or for that matter be used to carry the cost for this new network for the ps4? The facts are sony should keep it free for online and use the profits from the psn network and downloads. There is no over head unlike the cost of making a disk and such. So try again please....

Message 59 of 480 (187 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5237 posts

Jul 30, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

The items you mentioned does not pay for the servers, the Home items helps pay for Home only, while games and stuff on the PSN store, pays the dev of that game, they worked on it, they deserve to get paid for their work.

It's not all that bad, it's only online multiplayer, and since it's PS+ we still get free games as well as other benefits. Every may now have to pay for online multiplayer for the PS4, but it's still a better deal then anywhere else.

Thats a total BS answer.... How is it Sony made millions off of the psn network and downloads of which none went back to the gamers. More profit went towards shareholders on the ps3????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That same money could pay for the internet for online and make the dedicated servers free. But like always the fanboys like yourself say the same thing. At least you get free games. trust me on this that isn't enough..... But my reply will fall on deaf ears as usual. SO be the sheep and continue to support someone who doesn't support you the same way. Imagine that!!!!

Please provide a link about how much PSN makes annually,  or ignore this request as usual. 

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 60 of 480 (186 Views)
0 Likes