Fender Bender
2599 posts

Re: should we pay to play online i want your feedback

Jul 30, 2013
Yes. Paying will help keep the server healthy and running, and will help us get new features.
Message 41 of 480 (250 Views)
MVP Support
13618 posts

Jul 30, 2013

GRIM__REAFER wrote:
I never in my life thought there would be another one of these.

Really? I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing these threads even after the PS4 releases.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 42 of 480 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
833 posts

Jul 30, 2013
I'm happy to pay it
Message 43 of 480 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Jul 30, 2013
I think it simply comes down to value. It does kind of suck for people who don't already have PS+ to need to join, but its only because you havent experienced the value of PS+.

I have a PS3, a Vita and soon a PS4. 1 PS+ account gets me free games every month for each platform and multiplayer for PS4. Sony is also needing to make huge investments in servers for running there online service and I am sure you will be happier with the PS4 service in comparion to the PS3.

Bottom line you get value with PS+ and it costs you less than a meal at McDonalds each month.
Message 44 of 480 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I do not know nothing about what it costs a company like Sony or Microsoft to operate the systems for their online play,  but would not be surprised if the costs would require a fee from the members playing, especially if the network is popular and full of players requiring a larger and more powerful network.

If you really enjoy online gaming and play alot, then  around $50/ year  does not seem too bad for what you are experiencing.

What is very wrong and why XBox Live is bad, is because they are using it to charge people who just want to watch apps like Netlix and Hulu which should be on a free network separate from the paid online gaming network.

Of course, totally free is always better,  but as long as the PSN is not requiring a paid membership to use Netflix apps and things like that and are including free games and other bonuses and their online game network works well,  then paying a reasonable fee does not seem so bad.

Message 45 of 480 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Re: should we pay to play online I want your feedback

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
Yes. Paying will help keep the server healthy and running, and will help us get new features.

What because Sony does not have the money to make it better? Makes no sense, Is Sony is in bankruptcy and have no money .. Please explain? If they had the money shouldn't they make it better instead of forcing it down peoples throats. That's a Microsoft move.  Make it better and people would want to pay for it with out being forced too.

All this does is make computer gaming more attractive. Lets see more expensive console, paying for online play etc.

Message 46 of 480 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Re: should we pay to play online I want your feedback

Jul 30, 2013

Nashredd wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

What because Sony does not have the money to make it better? Makes no sense, Is Sony is in bankruptcy have no money .. Please explain? If they had the money shouldn't they make it better instead of forcing it down peoples throats. That's a Microsoft move.  Make it better and people would want to pay for it with out being forced too.

All this does is make computer gaming more attractive. Lets see more expensive console, paying for online play etc.

I would rather not pay the extra money even with the benefits you get with the ps+ but I do understand the cost.  Let us not forget Sony is a business and thier goal is to maximize profits, this is another way they can do that and still be more then competitive then thier main competition  with thier pricing.  I do understand the resistance people have and not wanting to pay the 50 dollars a year but at this point if you get a ps4 and want to play online you dont have a choice.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 47 of 480 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
833 posts

Jul 30, 2013
They have been taking a loss floating you guys with free online service
now they want to improve thing to a point where it wouldn't be smart to do for free you want to complain Very Supportive fans hmmmm...
Message 48 of 480 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jul 30, 2013
I have a great idea what if people can buy Playstation Plus with their XP 50,00 or even there Trophies 50 Gold gets a $50.00
You Said Im Getting KOOL-LAID--And Survey Said.....""Oh Yeah""

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 49 of 480 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
833 posts

Jul 30, 2013
No
Message 50 of 480 (199 Views)
0 Likes