Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2009
Offline
809 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Jul 30, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You guys who cry about it are all idiots who are not financially stable.


Too bad you're going to cave and buy Plus eventually. 

 

 

 

 

 


Nice one, insulting ppl who disagree with you. You already pay for internet and now you also have to pay to play online that is pure robbery! Sony must think we are fools to pay for something that is currently free and should forever stay free! There is absolutely no justification for charging for online play.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 10 of 480 (440 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 07/16/2012
Online
14373 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Jul 30, 2013

anukis1 wrote:

ugh sorry Sony was a huge fan of the PS but with the fact that you will be having to pay to play online games ( AFTER I ALREADY BOUGHT THE GAME!) I will not be getting the ps4, going to pc games and love how most the PS fans are missing the point in having to pay to play its not the fact that we are being forced to pay (TO PLAY GAMES WE ALREADY BOUGHT!) Its the fact were paying to use our own internet and play the games we already paid for to have full access too. What happens to all the players out there who chose PS over xbox because they couldn't afford the extra monthly fee? If you miss a payment, 0 access to your multiplayer games as well as anything you got from Playstation plus, which means its not free. In reality its more like their lending it to you or your just borrowing it along with the online access(that you pay your internet subscriber for). I think this was a serious mistake on Sony's part, they had always hands down beaten xbox, now their just joining them in MS's greed.


That's your choice if you're going to subscribe to PS+ in order to play multiplayer with friends and it's not mandatory. I certainly have no problems with it since it's going to improve the online servers and enhance the gamer's experience when it comes down to Plus.

 

However, online multiplayer for the PS3 and Vita will remain free anyway.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 11 of 480 (384 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 10/08/2007
Online
6211 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Jul 30, 2013

Strange how it's always only one post or a few posts every time when someone wants to cry about this subject and then you hardly hear from them again. Single post users who disappear after after making a thread... Think about that for a while and make your own conclusions.. 

 

Message 12 of 480 (381 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2009
Offline
809 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Jul 30, 2013

younginflavor18 wrote:

That's your choice if you're going to subscribe to PS+ in order to play multiplayer with friends and it's not mandatory. I certainly have no problems with it since it's going to improve the online servers and enhance the gamer's experience when it comes down to Plus.

However, online multiplayer for the PS3 and Vita will remain free anyway.


That's the whole point of the issue! PS Plus is mandatory for online multiplayer!

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 13 of 480 (379 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/12/2012
Offline
218 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

This is old news. And its only $50 a year if you pay for it every month. You don't need to buy special cards. Just pay $4.17 whichever month you wanna play.

Also, they're not greedy. They need money to strengthen security and provide fun and smooth servers and stuff. Plus they give free games, discounts, special demos/trials, and loads of other stuff every month. Better than XBL in my opinion.

_______________________________________________________________
One cannot receive a kudo unless he or she is truly worthy!

Message 14 of 480 (376 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/15/2013
Offline
1655 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Jul 30, 2013

I honestly still don't understand what the big deal is? Maybe its just me from coming from xbox and being accustom to paying for Live. Keeping up millions of servers costs money, I can't believe anyone thought they could keep up on millions of servers forever for free without charging in the future. I liken this to winning a car on the Price is Right, then that person complaining that they shouldn't have to pay taxes or insurance on it because they got it for free and won it. Not to be ignorant, but the people compaining about it just sound spoiled from not having to pay for it. They aready stated they will be using the money to keep up the servers so they will be better, does no one here want better servers?

Message 15 of 480 (353 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/15/2013
Offline
1655 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You guys who cry about it are all idiots who are not financially stable.


Too bad you're going to cave and buy Plus eventually. 

 

 

 

 

 


Nice one, insulting ppl who disagree with you. You already pay for internet and now you also have to pay to play online that is pure robbery! Sony must think we are fools to pay for something that is currently free and should forever stay free! There is absolutely no justification for charging for online play.



So let me ask you, do you want better servers?

Message 16 of 480 (352 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/20/2009
Offline
2157 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Jul 30, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Strange how it's always only one post or a few posts every time when someone wants to cry about this subject and then you hardly hear from them again. Single post users who disappear after after making a thread... Think about that for a while and make your own conclusions.. 

 


It is not too strange at all, someone disagrees with a policy and creates a new thread about it (there are countless threads about this subject already but not everybody knows to search first) and gets harassed by the rest of the community and no longer wants to participate in the forums.  People on this forum have become very defensive over any and all Sony issues and speculation and they are running people right off the forums.  If you want to answer the post then do so, there is no need to attack posters just tell them why you think it is a good idea or why you dont mind the extra charge.  He isnt crying about it, he just doesnt agree with the extra charge to play online multiplayer in games.  I dont think this guy will want to start too many more threads with a xbox like reception he got on the ps forums.  Now its my turn to get some of the same.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 17 of 480 (347 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/24/2013
Offline
1050 posts
 

Re: Ps4. Have to pay to play online **bleep**!

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

I have the Anti-Venom!

 

Listen I didn't want to but, I'll do it 1 more time for everyone that keeps putting this

lame excuse up. Listen everyone that thinks this is wrong of Sony let me tell you why it's right.

But first let me say I was looking at it the way you do. Then a miracle happened that

took me out of my "ENTITLEMENT" mentality. That little box that people get in and don't know how to get out.

Well I am here to help.

Examples why it's a good thing.

 

Better, faster, more secure service.

Free games, avatars, themes. For the PS3, PS4, PS Vita, PSP

Discounts out the assesses!

Special Seasonal promotions

 

When you purchased the Sony system of your CHOICE where did it say in any EULA or TOS that it would be free forever.

When and where does it say from Sony they want all the money at 1 time? They have options.

Does Netflix, or any other entertainment company let you in for free indefinitely?

 

Op you say why should you have to pay when you have already paid for your internet. Wrong it's not your internet,

it is a service you pay for unless you own your ISP which you don't. To help you understand, your point of view

is because you pay for your internet "service" PS online should be free, right. Well you paid for your car to go to the store

does that mean your groceries should be free?

 

If you still have ?'s I would highly recommend you seek counseling, don't go outside anymore.

Because last time I checked if you wanted a burger from McDonald's you had to pay for it.

Hey there you go, skip Ronalds and use the money from your supersized meal and pay for the service.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 18 of 480 (345 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/24/2013
Offline
1050 posts
 

Re: Ps4. Have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Jul 30, 2013

I'll play devils advocate.

 

Tell me why it should be free?

 

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 19 of 480 (343 Views)
0 Likes