MVP Support
8947 posts

Re: should we pay to play online I want your feedback

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2013

uh--oh wrote:
Actually no IM not. SO why are you being so EGOTISTICAL? As I've said before simply ignore the thread. Yet you can't. You have to input something as if we needed to hear your lame thoughts once more? Well the truth being said we don't. You got your opinion and apparently we got our own.

The fact of the matter is we can have our cake and eat it too. But your intellect can't see the forest through the tree's. There is another way to fund this and sony can still make a profit. That way we can have the professional network which is the one thing lacking for Sony. And the concept of keeping the free for Sony online MP. But you keep believing what sony is telling you. That way when its all done, you will provide their stockholder billions of dollars. Yeah thats a trade off, we spend fifty and they get billions. Good job bro....

I know you haven't touched online play on the PS3 in over five years, but have you actually been to a store and seen the price of networking equipment?  It isn't free.

You want a quality service?  It isn't free.  The money has to come from somewhere.  The only ideas I see coming out of you is to rob Peter (other Sony assets) to pay Paul (online Play).  YOU (and people like you) are what is wrong with society today.  ME, ME, ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have to have EVERYTHING, and I have to have it NOW, and it has to be FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what?  The world doesn't work that way!  And you know what else?  Too bad.

Message 471 of 480 (277 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2013

Artfuldead wrote:

They should pay us to play online since we're basically babysitting ppls kids

lOl, good point, haha... 

You say, networking Equipment isn't Free? & that it costs alot to run an Online Network?

If I pay you $150 a Game, am I not paying you enough for your Network? I can always cancel my $150 Games, & then pay you $5 for your Service, but it's gonna cost you alot... If thats what you really want, I can do that... lOl...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 472 of 480 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4214 posts

Aug 23, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:
Actually no IM not. SO why are you being so EGOTISTICAL? As I've said before simply ignore the thread. Yet you can't. You have to input something as if we needed to hear your lame thoughts once more? Well the truth being said we don't. You got your opinion and apparently we got our own.

The fact of the matter is we can have our cake and eat it too. But your intellect can't see the forest through the tree's. There is another way to fund this and sony can still make a profit. That way we can have the professional network which is the one thing lacking for Sony. And the concept of keeping the free for Sony online MP. But you keep believing what sony is telling you. That way when its all done, you will provide their stockholder billions of dollars. Yeah thats a trade off, we spend fifty and they get billions. Good job bro....

I know you haven't touched online play on the PS3 in over five years, but have you actually been to a store and seen the price of networking equipment?  It isn't free.

You want a quality service?  It isn't free.  The money has to come from somewhere.  The only ideas I see coming out of you is to rob Peter (other Sony assets) to pay Paul (online Play).  YOU (and people like you) are what is wrong with society today.  ME, ME, ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have to have EVERYTHING, and I have to have it NOW, and it has to be FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what?  The world doesn't work that way!  And you know what else?  Too bad.

Wow, now your three years old.. Maybe you need to be put into a time out? LMAO

Apparently you not as good as you think at business. But either way here you are once more as if we cared about you lame replies. Like I said, if you honestly think we are ignorant, IGNORE US DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your problem is that since you got that cool title you have to come on here and prove your better than us and guess what? Your not.....

As I've said you can do this many ways. Add 25 cent charge to all things sony( just like state and property taxes)? If you were to focus even on one bad game. They would sell around a million dollars. 1,000,000 x 25.= $250,000 dollars. Thats only one game. (Which would force sony/devs to make better games which can sell more like 25 million. So imaging if this was on other things sony. There is your money to pay for network. Like I said there is another way.

How else does other internet sites offer free membership. They make their money and you get to have free fun. SO please get off your high horse and think......

Message 473 of 480 (253 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8947 posts

Aug 23, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

If I pay you $150 a Game, am I not paying you enough for your Network? I can always cancel my $150 Games, & then pay you $5 for your Service, but it's gonna cost you alot... If thats what you really want, I can do that... lOl...

You are a little late to that party...  the cost of games mostly goes back to the developer to...  I don't know...  develop more games?  This was discussed at least seven times between twenty and thirty pages ago.

And what game costs $150?  Last time I checked, full retail PS4 games cost $60.  Same as PS3 games.  The Console itself costs $400.  $200 less than the PS3 cost when it was launched.

It costs a flipping Big Mac meal a month to play online.  Unlike XBL, Netflix, Hulu, etc are NOT behind that paywall.  Neither are the Share features (which are actually built into the cost of the console itself).  Neither is Party/Cross-Game Chat.  You pay $49.99 per year for Online play, major discounts (up to 80% off) on PSN Store purchases, cloud storage for your saves and much more.

Message 474 of 480 (247 Views)
MVP Support
8947 posts

Aug 23, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Apparently you not as good as you think at business. But either way here you are once more as if we cared about you lame replies. Like I said, if you honestly think we are ignorant, IGNORE US DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your problem is that since you got that cool title you have to come on here and prove your better than us and guess what? Your not.....

As I've said you can do this many ways. Add 25 cent charge to all things sony( just like state and property taxes)? If you were to focus even on one bad game. They would sell around a million dollars. 1,000,000 x 25.= $250,000 dollars. Thats only one game. (Which would force sony/devs to make better games which can sell more like 25 million. So imaging if this was on other things sony. There is your money to pay for network. Like I said there is another way.

How else does other internet sites offer free membership. They make their money and you get to have free fun. SO please get off your high horse and think......

Actually, that's the impression I'm getting of you...  crying about something you haven't even used yourself in over five years.

$250,000 would power the server farms...  for about 10 minutes.  A 25 cent surcharge would not do anything to offset costs.

Er... advertisements?  You know... those pop ups and banner ads that most people block?  Yeah... companies pay millions of dollars to put those there.  Advertisments:  Work well on web pages...  not so much for a gaming experience, unless you want your CoD battles interrupted every 5 minutes for 'This important message...'

Mods...  lock please.

Message 475 of 480 (233 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4742 posts

Aug 23, 2013

LOL This kills me.

Add $.25 to a game? You do realize that money made off of games goes to the dev not Sony, right? Because if not, you really need to bow out now.

Now where do you get that Sony is making Billions? There last quarterly profit was $35m for the organization. Not for SCEA or any one division but the whole of Sony. BTW that is there first PROFIT in a few years. They have had continual losses so you need to stop pulling numbers out of your arse like they are facts.

and BB is correct. this horse has been beaten to death and some are still arguing without any knowledge or acceptance on how businesses really run. You argue with your opinions and not facts and throw them out as facts. If you don't like the fact that you have to pay for plus then go buy another system.

Message 476 of 480 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3529 posts

Aug 23, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Since you're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD  with business practices and running them efficiently, I think you should explain how a 25 cent extra charge to all Sony products would maintain the servers hosting millions of people and also how you OBVIOUSLY know how much these servers cost. You do know what you're talking about, right? Right?

Message 477 of 480 (213 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14672 posts

Aug 23, 2013

The above question is too direct. Next question, please.

Most men want to open doors for themselves.

Fabulous!
Message 478 of 480 (197 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Aug 23, 2013

Paying to play online is a good thing for PSN.

The End. 

Message 479 of 480 (181 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
3364 posts

Aug 23, 2013

This thread appears to have run its course so I'm locking it down. Please feel free to start a new thread on this topic, but do try to keep the conversation civil. Thanks!

Message 480 of 480 (176 Views)