Reply
Splicer
Registered: 07/31/2009
Offline
88 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Aug 7, 2013

I posted my video 3 times. So what if I post my video? It's as good, as me coming on here and typing like you. Look at you sweating the video. I'm not advertising, nor telling anyone I'm selling anything. The video is precisely about this subject and this subject only. I even tell people to join the conversation.

 

ahhahahahahahahaha look at you..... you don't like that TH3PUFFMAN posted a video. How dares that TH3PUFFMAN voice out his opinion. Burn him!!!! He's a witch!!!!

 

 

Once again proving my point that you do not know how to have a decent human to human conversation.

 

Good night everyone.

 

Sony, do yourself the favor and keep multiplayer FREE. You do that and Microsoft won't even come close. Keep the jingles, bells and whistles separete from what has made THE PSN, SO AWESOME THE PAST 10 YEARS.

 

TO ANOTHER 10 YEARS OF TRUE FREEDOM TO PLAY YOUR GAMES.

TO LONG LIVE PLAY!!!!!

Message 311 of 480 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 01/07/2009
Offline
657 posts
 

Re: should we pay to play online i want your feedback

Aug 7, 2013

I'd rather pay for a cheaper option like a $2.99 monthly or a $25 a year w/o the PS+ benefits, a subscription just to play online, that would be better for me as I don't care about free games/themes/avatars I may not even play/use, If I was able to delete items from my download list that I got with PS+ I had do so, I have over 400 items and sometimes it's hard to find games that you've deleted to make up room for other stuff, 160GB wasn't enough for me I expect PS4 games to be larger.

Message 312 of 480 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Offline
7331 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Aug 7, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Dude get a life. I mention the 10 plus years because being a playstation fan thats how long we've been online for free with MP games. During that time nothing has been advanced or improved. I mention the ps3 is because its the first iteration of the psn. Its not a real store that has inventory. So the overhead isn't similar to actual store fronts. Yet all this money thats made off of the psn during that time. Didn't go towards improving the online experience for the gamers.

 

Even now the psn is still running on the ps3 and where is the enhancements for the online MP side? There isn't none. SOOOOOOOOOOO how can you assume everything is going to be great for the ps4 when you don't know a friggin thing about it? Secondly based of the past record here of which I mentioned, how do you know sony is going to do things right? If nothing has inproved in 10 years, your just throwing money into the sony stockholders. HOW smart is that?

 

 


I am pretty sure you have NO IDEA what kind of overhead is required to run the servers required to accomplish this. They are not outsourcing like most online stores.

 

Not everyone is required to have PS+ right now and you have no clue on how many subscriptions there are and with those if they are making money or breaking even.

 

You are arguing that people are making assumptions but yet that is what your argument is based on. Do we know EXACTLY what we are going to get with the PS4 and the network performance? No. BUT if it gives Sony the chance to improve network performance and host online MP servers I am all for it. We have all been begging for dedicated servers for how long and here is our chance but you it is still not good enough for you. Sony could have put 16GB of DDR7, dual 8 core, 4.0GHz CPUs, triple HDMI out with an 8TB SSD and supplied everyone with 3 27" 1080p TVs and YOU would still find something to complain about.

 

 

 

 

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 313 of 480 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Offline
7331 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Aug 7, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:
Okay Ex Im going to show how one sided you really are.  I'm not ExMimic, but I'll play along...

 

How large is the new ps4 server network? This information has not been released nor confirmed, yet.

How good is the new servers?  This information has not been released nor confirmed, yet.

If you let subscription slip, all games you downloaded before that time are yours?  PS+ is a SUBSCRIPTION service.  You don't pay, you don't play.  It is the same as Hulu Plus or Netflix in this regard.  PS+ members recognize this, and Sony does not hide this fact.

You stated the psn improved (ps3), since there is no overhead did the extra money aid with better servers etc or did sony keep it all... ?  It would help to answer this question if I knew what symptoms or problems I am looking for to observe improvement.

Lastly in offering 10 plus years of being free online how did sony improve the service for its online gaming community?


You keep flinging this '10 plus years' around like it means something.  The PS3 is only 6-1/2 years old.  Online on the PS2 was a game-by-game proposition.  There was no 'PSN' per se, at least, not like there is on the PS3.

 

As for PSN improvements...  PS+ has been around since 2010.  That just *might* have something to do with Sony getting a jump on 'fixing' the current (PS3) network.  I have had zero issues with any of the games I've played online fairly regularly over the past year or so:

 

Dust 514, which runs on CCP/Sony-hosted dedicated servers, I almost immediately connect to a game lobby/ready room when I select a battle from the Neocomm.  30-45 seconds after that, the battle begins.Of course, if you've played anything in the past 5 years, you'd know this.  I have never had a server disconnect error of any kind, and hardly experience any lag at all.

 

Starhawk, which runs on player-hosted peer-to-peer servers, I almost immediately connect to a chosen server, and only have to wait for the battle to load.  Generally within 45 seconds of choosing a server, I am on the ground loading up with weapons.  Provided I choose a server with a solid (green) connection meter, I have never had a server disconnect and hardly experience any lag at all.

 

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and ACIII, which run on Ubi dedicated servers (as far as I know), zero issues/zero disconnects.

 

PSN Store downloads have been running extremely fast for me these past few months.  The only times I have had issues there are when my own router was in need of a reboot.  Hitman: Absolution (17GB):  Started the download at about forty minutes ago, it is already at 11GB (about 65%).  I have 18MBps.  My PS3 is currently using all of it.  It is wired, if that makes any difference to you.


Dude get a life. I mention the 10 plus years because being a playstation fan thats how long we've been online for free with MP games. During that time nothing has been advanced or improved. I mention the ps3 is because its the first iteration of the psn. Its not a real store that has inventory. So the overhead isn't similar to actual store fronts. Yet all this money thats made off of the psn during that time. Didn't go towards improving the online experience for the gamers.

 

Sony still has to pay the employees for maintaining PSN. Electric bills for multiple building which house the servers and employees. The server rooms can get pretty hot, so they the temperture must be maintained as well. There is so much more to running PSN than you seem to believe. The cost of maintaining an extensive network like it has already been discussed. You chose to ignore it. 

 

Even now the psn is still running on the ps3 and where is the enhancements for the online MP side? There isn't none. SOOOOOOOOOOO how can you assume everything is going to be great for the ps4 when you don't know a friggin thing about it? Secondly based of the past record here of which I mentioned, how do you know sony is going to do things right? If nothing has inproved in 10 years, your just throwing money into the sony stockholders. HOW smart is that?

 

 You still keep throwing that phrase around while dodging my question.

 

Sony is a business. When you run a business, your goal is to make more money. If their network works while it's free, why improve it? You want a better network, pay for it. 

 

Feel free dodge my question again.


 


IM not ignoring you are. I've played the consoles. I haven't seen any improvements for online MP. So why are you dodging my points? I know because you can't answer them.

 

Xbox1 stated on the very first release day in which they mentioned 300,000 new servers. Yet where is Sony???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

 

Like I said you don't know a friggin thing. Your assuming to know things. How about you put up links for me on how many servers for ps4 there are, or how great the service is or how about the cloud functionality and how great streaming games is working? Answer any of these please....

 

Or would you rather continue flaming me because you don't know anything? There you go....



Sony DOES NOT CONTROL ONLINE MP!!!!! IT IS SOLEY ON THE DEV THEMSELVES. What part of THAT do YOU not understand!!!?

 

Sony does not host ANY ONLINE MP games like MS does. COD devs use Demonware to host the servers. THAT IS NOT Sony owned! That is Activision owned!

 

The fact that they are charging and changing this model is a huge improvement! You have no clue.

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 314 of 480 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Aug 7, 2013

SHANE523 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:
Okay Ex Im going to show how one sided you really are.  I'm not ExMimic, but I'll play along...

 

How large is the new ps4 server network? This information has not been released nor confirmed, yet.

How good is the new servers?  This information has not been released nor confirmed, yet.

If you let subscription slip, all games you downloaded before that time are yours?  PS+ is a SUBSCRIPTION service.  You don't pay, you don't play.  It is the same as Hulu Plus or Netflix in this regard.  PS+ members recognize this, and Sony does not hide this fact.

You stated the psn improved (ps3), since there is no overhead did the extra money aid with better servers etc or did sony keep it all... ?  It would help to answer this question if I knew what symptoms or problems I am looking for to observe improvement.

Lastly in offering 10 plus years of being free online how did sony improve the service for its online gaming community?


You keep flinging this '10 plus years' around like it means something.  The PS3 is only 6-1/2 years old.  Online on the PS2 was a game-by-game proposition.  There was no 'PSN' per se, at least, not like there is on the PS3.

 

As for PSN improvements...  PS+ has been around since 2010.  That just *might* have something to do with Sony getting a jump on 'fixing' the current (PS3) network.  I have had zero issues with any of the games I've played online fairly regularly over the past year or so:

 

Dust 514, which runs on CCP/Sony-hosted dedicated servers, I almost immediately connect to a game lobby/ready room when I select a battle from the Neocomm.  30-45 seconds after that, the battle begins.Of course, if you've played anything in the past 5 years, you'd know this.  I have never had a server disconnect error of any kind, and hardly experience any lag at all.

 

Starhawk, which runs on player-hosted peer-to-peer servers, I almost immediately connect to a chosen server, and only have to wait for the battle to load.  Generally within 45 seconds of choosing a server, I am on the ground loading up with weapons.  Provided I choose a server with a solid (green) connection meter, I have never had a server disconnect and hardly experience any lag at all.

 

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and ACIII, which run on Ubi dedicated servers (as far as I know), zero issues/zero disconnects.

 

PSN Store downloads have been running extremely fast for me these past few months.  The only times I have had issues there are when my own router was in need of a reboot.  Hitman: Absolution (17GB):  Started the download at about forty minutes ago, it is already at 11GB (about 65%).  I have 18MBps.  My PS3 is currently using all of it.  It is wired, if that makes any difference to you.


Dude get a life. I mention the 10 plus years because being a playstation fan thats how long we've been online for free with MP games. During that time nothing has been advanced or improved. I mention the ps3 is because its the first iteration of the psn. Its not a real store that has inventory. So the overhead isn't similar to actual store fronts. Yet all this money thats made off of the psn during that time. Didn't go towards improving the online experience for the gamers.

 

Sony still has to pay the employees for maintaining PSN. Electric bills for multiple building which house the servers and employees. The server rooms can get pretty hot, so they the temperture must be maintained as well. There is so much more to running PSN than you seem to believe. The cost of maintaining an extensive network like it has already been discussed. You chose to ignore it. 

 

Even now the psn is still running on the ps3 and where is the enhancements for the online MP side? There isn't none. SOOOOOOOOOOO how can you assume everything is going to be great for the ps4 when you don't know a friggin thing about it? Secondly based of the past record here of which I mentioned, how do you know sony is going to do things right? If nothing has inproved in 10 years, your just throwing money into the sony stockholders. HOW smart is that?

 

 You still keep throwing that phrase around while dodging my question.

 

Sony is a business. When you run a business, your goal is to make more money. If their network works while it's free, why improve it? You want a better network, pay for it. 

 

Feel free dodge my question again.


 


IM not ignoring you are. I've played the consoles. I haven't seen any improvements for online MP. So why are you dodging my points? I know because you can't answer them.

 

Xbox1 stated on the very first release day in which they mentioned 300,000 new servers. Yet where is Sony???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

 

Like I said you don't know a friggin thing. Your assuming to know things. How about you put up links for me on how many servers for ps4 there are, or how great the service is or how about the cloud functionality and how great streaming games is working? Answer any of these please....

 

Or would you rather continue flaming me because you don't know anything? There you go....



Sony DOES NOT CONTROL ONLINE MP!!!!! IT IS SOLEY ON THE DEV THEMSELVES. What part of THAT do YOU not understand!!!?

 

Sony does not host ANY ONLINE MP games like MS does. COD devs use Demonware to host the servers. THAT IS NOT Sony owned! That is Activision owned!

 

The fact that they are charging and changing this model is a huge improvement! You have no clue.




SHANE523 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:
Okay Ex Im going to show how one sided you really are.  I'm not ExMimic, but I'll play along...

 

How large is the new ps4 server network? This information has not been released nor confirmed, yet.

How good is the new servers?  This information has not been released nor confirmed, yet.

If you let subscription slip, all games you downloaded before that time are yours?  PS+ is a SUBSCRIPTION service.  You don't pay, you don't play.  It is the same as Hulu Plus or Netflix in this regard.  PS+ members recognize this, and Sony does not hide this fact.

You stated the psn improved (ps3), since there is no overhead did the extra money aid with better servers etc or did sony keep it all... ?  It would help to answer this question if I knew what symptoms or problems I am looking for to observe improvement.

Lastly in offering 10 plus years of being free online how did sony improve the service for its online gaming community?


You keep flinging this '10 plus years' around like it means something.  The PS3 is only 6-1/2 years old.  Online on the PS2 was a game-by-game proposition.  There was no 'PSN' per se, at least, not like there is on the PS3.

 

As for PSN improvements...  PS+ has been around since 2010.  That just *might* have something to do with Sony getting a jump on 'fixing' the current (PS3) network.  I have had zero issues with any of the games I've played online fairly regularly over the past year or so:

 

Dust 514, which runs on CCP/Sony-hosted dedicated servers, I almost immediately connect to a game lobby/ready room when I select a battle from the Neocomm.  30-45 seconds after that, the battle begins.Of course, if you've played anything in the past 5 years, you'd know this.  I have never had a server disconnect error of any kind, and hardly experience any lag at all.

 

Starhawk, which runs on player-hosted peer-to-peer servers, I almost immediately connect to a chosen server, and only have to wait for the battle to load.  Generally within 45 seconds of choosing a server, I am on the ground loading up with weapons.  Provided I choose a server with a solid (green) connection meter, I have never had a server disconnect and hardly experience any lag at all.

 

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and ACIII, which run on Ubi dedicated servers (as far as I know), zero issues/zero disconnects.

 

PSN Store downloads have been running extremely fast for me these past few months.  The only times I have had issues there are when my own router was in need of a reboot.  Hitman: Absolution (17GB):  Started the download at about forty minutes ago, it is already at 11GB (about 65%).  I have 18MBps.  My PS3 is currently using all of it.  It is wired, if that makes any difference to you.


Dude get a life. I mention the 10 plus years because being a playstation fan thats how long we've been online for free with MP games. During that time nothing has been advanced or improved. I mention the ps3 is because its the first iteration of the psn. Its not a real store that has inventory. So the overhead isn't similar to actual store fronts. Yet all this money thats made off of the psn during that time. Didn't go towards improving the online experience for the gamers.

 

Sony still has to pay the employees for maintaining PSN. Electric bills for multiple building which house the servers and employees. The server rooms can get pretty hot, so they the temperture must be maintained as well. There is so much more to running PSN than you seem to believe. The cost of maintaining an extensive network like it has already been discussed. You chose to ignore it. 

 

Even now the psn is still running on the ps3 and where is the enhancements for the online MP side? There isn't none. SOOOOOOOOOOO how can you assume everything is going to be great for the ps4 when you don't know a friggin thing about it? Secondly based of the past record here of which I mentioned, how do you know sony is going to do things right? If nothing has inproved in 10 years, your just throwing money into the sony stockholders. HOW smart is that?

 

 You still keep throwing that phrase around while dodging my question.

 

Sony is a business. When you run a business, your goal is to make more money. If their network works while it's free, why improve it? You want a better network, pay for it. 

 

Feel free dodge my question again.


 


IM not ignoring you are. I've played the consoles. I haven't seen any improvements for online MP. So why are you dodging my points? I know because you can't answer them.

 

Xbox1 stated on the very first release day in which they mentioned 300,000 new servers. Yet where is Sony???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

 

Like I said you don't know a friggin thing. Your assuming to know things. How about you put up links for me on how many servers for ps4 there are, or how great the service is or how about the cloud functionality and how great streaming games is working? Answer any of these please....

 

Or would you rather continue flaming me because you don't know anything? There you go....



Sony DOES NOT CONTROL ONLINE MP!!!!! IT IS SOLEY ON THE DEV THEMSELVES. What part of THAT do YOU not understand!!!?

 

Sony does not host ANY ONLINE MP games like MS does. COD devs use Demonware to host the servers. THAT IS NOT Sony owned! That is Activision owned!

 

The fact that they are charging and changing this model is a huge improvement! You have no clue.


LMAO you are so blinded by your own biased opinions that your missing the point completely. Ok I will make this easier for you to comprehend. Going back to ps2 days and ps3 days. If sony was so concerned about improving our ability to game on their consoles. Wouldn't they figure out a way to not only improve the console but how we use the MP side as well. After all being a gamer involves SP and MP does it not? I'll answer for you, yes it does.

 

Yet during this time while Sony battled with xbox, what did sony actually improve on? Which by the way is roughly a 10 year span on time. I'll answer for you, nothing really. Now here we are for the ps4 of which you know absolutely nothing about it, and yet your willing to flame me and others who don't think as you do, why? Ever here what happens when you ASSUME? lol

 

 

As for the ps4 it sounds powerful and supposedly easier to program games for than the ps3. BUT (for now I'll leave out the size needed for operating on ram versus whats left to run games) IF Sony was for the gamers they should have made ps4 backwards compatible. I've seen the post and a lot of gamers have a huge library of ps3 games and are upset they won't play on ps4. SO how exactly is Sony for the gamer when console doesn't do this?

 

 

WHat amazes me is you defend Sony as if they can do no wrong and they have for a long time. You know what Im done with you, because like the others here your sheep. YOu hold no one accountable for all the issues but defend sony at all costs. Ironically all your doing is padding Sonys pockets by agreeing with them and following them blindly. Goes to show in the end you will get what you deserve. Substandard and broken games on release and a network thats not equiped to handle the amount online. Lets see the lag now.....LMAO Peace....

Message 315 of 480 (170 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/02/2005
Online
12005 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Aug 7, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:
Okay Ex Im going to show how one sided you really are.  I'm not ExMimic, but I'll play along...

 

How large is the new ps4 server network? This information has not been released nor confirmed, yet.

How good is the new servers?  This information has not been released nor confirmed, yet.

If you let subscription slip, all games you downloaded before that time are yours?  PS+ is a SUBSCRIPTION service.  You don't pay, you don't play.  It is the same as Hulu Plus or Netflix in this regard.  PS+ members recognize this, and Sony does not hide this fact.

You stated the psn improved (ps3), since there is no overhead did the extra money aid with better servers etc or did sony keep it all... ?  It would help to answer this question if I knew what symptoms or problems I am looking for to observe improvement.

Lastly in offering 10 plus years of being free online how did sony improve the service for its online gaming community?


You keep flinging this '10 plus years' around like it means something.  The PS3 is only 6-1/2 years old.  Online on the PS2 was a game-by-game proposition.  There was no 'PSN' per se, at least, not like there is on the PS3.

 

As for PSN improvements...  PS+ has been around since 2010.  That just *might* have something to do with Sony getting a jump on 'fixing' the current (PS3) network.  I have had zero issues with any of the games I've played online fairly regularly over the past year or so:

 

Dust 514, which runs on CCP/Sony-hosted dedicated servers, I almost immediately connect to a game lobby/ready room when I select a battle from the Neocomm.  30-45 seconds after that, the battle begins.Of course, if you've played anything in the past 5 years, you'd know this.  I have never had a server disconnect error of any kind, and hardly experience any lag at all.

 

Starhawk, which runs on player-hosted peer-to-peer servers, I almost immediately connect to a chosen server, and only have to wait for the battle to load.  Generally within 45 seconds of choosing a server, I am on the ground loading up with weapons.  Provided I choose a server with a solid (green) connection meter, I have never had a server disconnect and hardly experience any lag at all.

 

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and ACIII, which run on Ubi dedicated servers (as far as I know), zero issues/zero disconnects.

 

PSN Store downloads have been running extremely fast for me these past few months.  The only times I have had issues there are when my own router was in need of a reboot.  Hitman: Absolution (17GB):  Started the download at about forty minutes ago, it is already at 11GB (about 65%).  I have 18MBps.  My PS3 is currently using all of it.  It is wired, if that makes any difference to you.


Dude get a life. I mention the 10 plus years because being a playstation fan thats how long we've been online for free with MP games. During that time nothing has been advanced or improved. I mention the ps3 is because its the first iteration of the psn. Its not a real store that has inventory. So the overhead isn't similar to actual store fronts. Yet all this money thats made off of the psn during that time. Didn't go towards improving the online experience for the gamers.

 

Sony still has to pay the employees for maintaining PSN. Electric bills for multiple building which house the servers and employees. The server rooms can get pretty hot, so they the temperture must be maintained as well. There is so much more to running PSN than you seem to believe. The cost of maintaining an extensive network like it has already been discussed. You chose to ignore it. 

 

Even now the psn is still running on the ps3 and where is the enhancements for the online MP side? There isn't none. SOOOOOOOOOOO how can you assume everything is going to be great for the ps4 when you don't know a friggin thing about it? Secondly based of the past record here of which I mentioned, how do you know sony is going to do things right? If nothing has inproved in 10 years, your just throwing money into the sony stockholders. HOW smart is that?

 

 You still keep throwing that phrase around while dodging my question.

 

Sony is a business. When you run a business, your goal is to make more money. If their network works while it's free, why improve it? You want a better network, pay for it. 

 

Feel free dodge my question again.


 


IM not ignoring you are. I've played the consoles. I haven't seen any improvements for online MP. So why are you dodging my points? I know because you can't answer them.

 

Xbox1 stated on the very first release day in which they mentioned 300,000 new servers. Yet where is Sony???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

 

Like I said you don't know a friggin thing. Your assuming to know things. How about you put up links for me on how many servers for ps4 there are, or how great the service is or how about the cloud functionality and how great streaming games is working? Answer any of these please....

 

Or would you rather continue flaming me because you don't know anything? There you go....



Sony DOES NOT CONTROL ONLINE MP!!!!! IT IS SOLEY ON THE DEV THEMSELVES. What part of THAT do YOU not understand!!!?

 

Sony does not host ANY ONLINE MP games like MS does. COD devs use Demonware to host the servers. THAT IS NOT Sony owned! That is Activision owned!

 

The fact that they are charging and changing this model is a huge improvement! You have no clue.




SHANE523 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:
Okay Ex Im going to show how one sided you really are.  I'm not ExMimic, but I'll play along...

 

How large is the new ps4 server network? This information has not been released nor confirmed, yet.

How good is the new servers?  This information has not been released nor confirmed, yet.

If you let subscription slip, all games you downloaded before that time are yours?  PS+ is a SUBSCRIPTION service.  You don't pay, you don't play.  It is the same as Hulu Plus or Netflix in this regard.  PS+ members recognize this, and Sony does not hide this fact.

You stated the psn improved (ps3), since there is no overhead did the extra money aid with better servers etc or did sony keep it all... ?  It would help to answer this question if I knew what symptoms or problems I am looking for to observe improvement.

Lastly in offering 10 plus years of being free online how did sony improve the service for its online gaming community?


You keep flinging this '10 plus years' around like it means something.  The PS3 is only 6-1/2 years old.  Online on the PS2 was a game-by-game proposition.  There was no 'PSN' per se, at least, not like there is on the PS3.

 

As for PSN improvements...  PS+ has been around since 2010.  That just *might* have something to do with Sony getting a jump on 'fixing' the current (PS3) network.  I have had zero issues with any of the games I've played online fairly regularly over the past year or so:

 

Dust 514, which runs on CCP/Sony-hosted dedicated servers, I almost immediately connect to a game lobby/ready room when I select a battle from the Neocomm.  30-45 seconds after that, the battle begins.Of course, if you've played anything in the past 5 years, you'd know this.  I have never had a server disconnect error of any kind, and hardly experience any lag at all.

 

Starhawk, which runs on player-hosted peer-to-peer servers, I almost immediately connect to a chosen server, and only have to wait for the battle to load.  Generally within 45 seconds of choosing a server, I am on the ground loading up with weapons.  Provided I choose a server with a solid (green) connection meter, I have never had a server disconnect and hardly experience any lag at all.

 

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and ACIII, which run on Ubi dedicated servers (as far as I know), zero issues/zero disconnects.

 

PSN Store downloads have been running extremely fast for me these past few months.  The only times I have had issues there are when my own router was in need of a reboot.  Hitman: Absolution (17GB):  Started the download at about forty minutes ago, it is already at 11GB (about 65%).  I have 18MBps.  My PS3 is currently using all of it.  It is wired, if that makes any difference to you.


Dude get a life. I mention the 10 plus years because being a playstation fan thats how long we've been online for free with MP games. During that time nothing has been advanced or improved. I mention the ps3 is because its the first iteration of the psn. Its not a real store that has inventory. So the overhead isn't similar to actual store fronts. Yet all this money thats made off of the psn during that time. Didn't go towards improving the online experience for the gamers.

 

Sony still has to pay the employees for maintaining PSN. Electric bills for multiple building which house the servers and employees. The server rooms can get pretty hot, so they the temperture must be maintained as well. There is so much more to running PSN than you seem to believe. The cost of maintaining an extensive network like it has already been discussed. You chose to ignore it. 

 

Even now the psn is still running on the ps3 and where is the enhancements for the online MP side? There isn't none. SOOOOOOOOOOO how can you assume everything is going to be great for the ps4 when you don't know a friggin thing about it? Secondly based of the past record here of which I mentioned, how do you know sony is going to do things right? If nothing has inproved in 10 years, your just throwing money into the sony stockholders. HOW smart is that?

 

 You still keep throwing that phrase around while dodging my question.

 

Sony is a business. When you run a business, your goal is to make more money. If their network works while it's free, why improve it? You want a better network, pay for it. 

 

Feel free dodge my question again.


 


IM not ignoring you are. I've played the consoles. I haven't seen any improvements for online MP. So why are you dodging my points? I know because you can't answer them.

 

Xbox1 stated on the very first release day in which they mentioned 300,000 new servers. Yet where is Sony???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

 

Like I said you don't know a friggin thing. Your assuming to know things. How about you put up links for me on how many servers for ps4 there are, or how great the service is or how about the cloud functionality and how great streaming games is working? Answer any of these please....

 

Or would you rather continue flaming me because you don't know anything? There you go....



Sony DOES NOT CONTROL ONLINE MP!!!!! IT IS SOLEY ON THE DEV THEMSELVES. What part of THAT do YOU not understand!!!?

 

Sony does not host ANY ONLINE MP games like MS does. COD devs use Demonware to host the servers. THAT IS NOT Sony owned! That is Activision owned!

 

The fact that they are charging and changing this model is a huge improvement! You have no clue.


LMAO you are so blinded by your own biased opinions that your missing the point completely. Ok I will make this easier for you to comprehend. Going back to ps2 days and ps3 days. If sony was so concerned about improving our ability to game on their consoles. Wouldn't they figure out a way to not only improve the console but how we use the MP side as well. After all being a gamer involves SP and MP does it not? I'll answer for you, yes it does.

 

Yet during this time while Sony battled with xbox, what did sony actually improve on? Which by the way is roughly a 10 year span on time. I'll answer for you, nothing really. Now here we are for the ps4 of which you know absolutely nothing about it, and yet your willing to flame me and others who don't think as you do, why? Ever here what happens when you ASSUME? lol

 

 

As for the ps4 it sounds powerful and supposedly easier to program games for than the ps3. BUT (for now I'll leave out the size needed for operating on ram versus whats left to run games) IF Sony was for the gamers they should have made ps4 backwards compatible. I've seen the post and a lot of gamers have a huge library of ps3 games and are upset they won't play on ps4. SO how exactly is Sony for the gamer when console doesn't do this?

 

 

WHat amazes me is you defend Sony as if they can do no wrong and they have for a long time. You know what Im done with you, because like the others here your sheep. YOu hold no one accountable for all the issues but defend sony at all costs. Ironically all your doing is padding Sonys pockets by agreeing with them and following them blindly. Goes to show in the end you will get what you deserve. Substandard and broken games on release and a network thats not equiped to handle the amount online. Lets see the lag now.....LMAO Peace....


you just had to bring up the bc issue...

 

 

ok im going to make this CRYSTAL CLEAR..

 

The reason why the ps4 isnt backwards compatible with ps3 games is the fact that it would need to be able to emulate the cell processor... which as another user put it, the ps4's processor needs to be 10x more powerful than it is right now to properly emulate... not to forget the ps4 uses a totally different architecture than the ps3 uses... so bc is technically not possible on the ps4..

 

same reasons why the ps3s dont support ps2 games (except for early units) because to emulate the ps2 the ps3 requires a chip which is just not present in the latest ps3 models

>

Message 316 of 480 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Offline
7331 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Aug 7, 2013

uh--oh wrote
:

LMAO you are so blinded by your own biased opinions that your missing the point completely. Ok I will make this easier for you to comprehend. Going back to ps2 days and ps3 days. If sony was so concerned about improving our ability to game on their consoles. Wouldn't they figure out a way to not only improve the console but how we use the MP side as well. After all being a gamer involves SP and MP does it not? I'll answer for you, yes it does.

 

Yet during this time while Sony battled with xbox, what did sony actually improve on? Which by the way is roughly a 10 year span on time. I'll answer for you, nothing really. Now here we are for the ps4 of which you know absolutely nothing about it, and yet your willing to flame me and others who don't think as you do, why? Ever here what happens when you ASSUME? lol

 

 

As for the ps4 it sounds powerful and supposedly easier to program games for than the ps3. BUT (for now I'll leave out the size needed for operating on ram versus whats left to run games) IF Sony was for the gamers they should have made ps4 backwards compatible. I've seen the post and a lot of gamers have a huge library of ps3 games and are upset they won't play on ps4. SO how exactly is Sony for the gamer when console doesn't do this?

 

 

WHat amazes me is you defend Sony as if they can do no wrong and they have for a long time. You know what Im done with you, because like the others here your sheep. YOu hold no one accountable for all the issues but defend sony at all costs. Ironically all your doing is padding Sonys pockets by agreeing with them and following them blindly. Goes to show in the end you will get what you deserve. Substandard and broken games on release and a network thats not equiped to handle the amount online. Lets see the lag now.....LMAO Peace....


You see no improvement from the original DNAS to what is there now? Then you don't know what improvement is in the IT world. From the days of simply being able to use a gameshark to now having to take the chance of a console ban has not been improvement? And I have always been able to download games for the PS2 from a central location and play them, haven't you? Oh wait no you couldn't so going from nothing to the PSN and PS+ isn't an improvement either. How many free games do you get from Live? How much online storage? None of this was available on the PS2. How about Netflix, Hulu, and other media services that were not available on the PS2. But to you that is not improvement.

I am not defending Sony, I am giving them a chance to improve. They made a decision in the past that online MP was going to go P2P and not require dedicated servers. For the most part they were correct and didn't feel the need to host any of the needed servers for the odd jobs that are still required. Now they have adapted and are looking to host to help performance. Is that to hard to understand?

 

Who am I suppose to hold accountable for what issues? Performance in MP gameplay? That is on the devs and I fully hold them responsible, hence why I do not buy anything from Infinity Ward. All the MP performance issues are squarely on them and Demonware, NOT Sony. If Sony improves their server structure and allows devs to host on the PSN instead of outsourcing this will help performance issues.

 

You are blaming Ford for the bad tires from Goodyear.

 

The fact that you cannot understand why PS3 games will not play on the PS4 clearly shows you have no comprehension of what is involved. You cannot use Apple software on a PC. I wonder why?

 

 

 

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 317 of 480 (159 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 10/08/2007
Online
6097 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

^^^^^^ longest replied post ...

Eva!!!!!

 

(* crap... The post before this last one above I mean *)

 

I think we need to take a step back and acknowledge that like any company, you can't make everyone happy, there will always be a few people Against a product or service. 

 

P.S. I don't like how the Xbox One is forcing everyone to own the Kinect (hate the motion gaming aspect). It doesn't matter how I voice my opinion, nothing is going change the fact it's going to be mandatory to have it connected to the console. So, I chose not to preorder/buy it, won't bother with speaking my opinion with members on their forums (gamer tag da1writer1985). I'll just let my wallet do the talking for me... Of course, that's just me.

Message 318 of 480 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: Ps4. have to pay to play online **bleep**!

Aug 7, 2013

walls of text...everywhere.....

 

 

KZMProductionsGT
Message 319 of 480 (143 Views)
Message 320 of 480 (138 Views)
0 Likes