Reply
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: should sony sell parts for the costumers?

Nov 11, 2012

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

Absinthetic wrote:

thats kind of the point of a console, its so that people dont need to tinker with individual parts

 

and what i think you're looking for is called these new fangled contraptions called a "PC"


How many ps3 do you think that still have the warranty sticker on? Very few, thats cause tons of ppl try to fix their ps3 by opening it.

 

Not only PC offers parts. Other stuff offers individual parts. Example, crosman offers parts for their airgun. If a part inside the gun breaks, you can look up the part number and give them a call and they send out new replacement parts.

 


rsteele wrote:

There are plenty of resellers for parts out there.

 

Ebay, ximpicube, brainydeal, richspsxpart.com, even new egg has blu ray drives sometimes.  Some sites do carry a return policy.

Sony could always sell parts but with the numerous resellers out there they probably couldn't compete with the prices.

The parts in a PS3 are directly related to their model number CECH X X X X X whether it's a CEHCA01 (60GB released in 2006) or a CECH-3001B (320GB released in July 2011). Any of those model numbers will lead you to the parts you need, wireless cards, blu ray drives, fans, ect.

 

I always just search the model number with the part I need. I have yet to find anything IMPOSSIBLE to find and most parts are well below what a new system costs.

 


I havent check out those other site, but i have look at ebay tons of times for ps3 parts. If you think theres no impossible parts to find, can you help me look for a new ps3 fat housing? Or a new 60gb motherboard? Also they must be OEM not 3rd party stuff. When said new, i mean brand new factory seal. Never been used.


The best you can hope for is quality used parts, especially since fat PS3 parts haven't been made in years. As far as a motherboard is concerned, you also need to get the BD drive controller board with it since you need both parts to be able to run any retail games.

 

 

IMO PS3 fans and power supplies are fine to purchase used, since they are pretty reliable to begin with...

Message 11 of 16 (48 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/05/2005
Offline
2504 posts
 

Re: should sony sell parts for the costumers?

Nov 12, 2012
Sure would be nice to buy a new 60GB PS3 motherboard. :/
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 12 of 16 (42 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: should sony sell parts for the costumers?

Nov 12, 2012

ixnine wrote:
Sure would be nice to buy a new 60GB PS3 motherboard. :/

If you are willing to buy one of those factory sealed 60GB PS3s on ebay/Amazon, you can Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 16 (38 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/29/2012
Offline
258 posts
 

Re: should sony sell parts for the costumers?

Nov 12, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

The best you can hope for is quality used parts, especially since fat PS3 parts haven't been made in years. As far as a motherboard is concerned, you also need to get the BD drive controller board with it since you need both parts to be able to run any retail games.

IMO PS3 fans and power supplies are fine to purchase used, since they are pretty reliable to begin with...


 

Yes i know about the motherboard and married blu ray board. If sony were to sell just the motherboard with blu ray board brand new, i would paid $150-200 just for the boards. As for factory seal ps3 60gb on amazon/ebay, they are more expensive than sony's $600 price tag. Not worth it. And beside i would only need the motherboard with logic board, not an entire system.


Message 14 of 16 (33 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: should sony sell parts for the costumers?

Nov 12, 2012

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

The best you can hope for is quality used parts, especially since fat PS3 parts haven't been made in years. As far as a motherboard is concerned, you also need to get the BD drive controller board with it since you need both parts to be able to run any retail games.

IMO PS3 fans and power supplies are fine to purchase used, since they are pretty reliable to begin with...


 

Yes i know about the motherboard and married blu ray board. If sony were to sell just the motherboard with blu ray board brand new, i would paid $150-200 just for the boards. As for factory seal ps3 60gb on amazon/ebay, they are more expensive than sony's $600 price tag. Not worth it. And beside i would only need the motherboard with logic board, not an entire system.



The bottom line is that new 60GB parts don't exist anymore as separate components. If any place had them it would be Sony's repair facility, and apparently they don't have any new parts either and haven't for years. At this point they can only patch up whatever boards they get in stock...

Message 15 of 16 (30 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/02/2005
Online
11832 posts
 

Re: should sony sell parts for the costumers?

Nov 12, 2012

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

Things can break. And as costumers, we want to be able to buy parts and fix it ourself. Why should we only have the option of sending it to sony for repairs? I think sony should have list all parts in the manual. So when a certain parts breaks or stop working, we can look at the maual and see what part number we need. A lot of company offers parts diagram with parts number. I think sony should do that too. Ebay does sell some parts, but they are used or as-is. As a costumer, i want to be able to buy new parts, so i know they are 100% working order.


The problem is they don't want people to fix it themselves

>

Message 16 of 16 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes