Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

Re: should DLC be free?

Mar 21, 2013

GenSpall wrote:

It's the new pay to win micro-transaction program.  Why work for everything when you can just buy it and instantly boost yourself higher.

One reason I don't much care for Playstation and hate EA these days. 

You wont catch me buying any of that junk.I play BF3 but I dont buy anything but the maps.

Message 21 of 44 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

Mar 21, 2013

alamarco2 wrote:

I don't know if they should be free, but the prices are quite outrageous. I'll take Dead or Alive for an example. After receiving the game yesterday I looked at the DLC and face palmed. Some of the costume packs are selling for $12.99. Not extra characters, not extra stages, but costumes.

I just went ahead and calculated the total price of the Dead or Alive 5 Plus DLC. it comes to a total of $195.67. The price of the game itself is $39.99 which means if you bought all the DLC you'd be paying 4-5x more than the actual game itself. Is that not messed up?

To me, that's disgusting. I wish more people thought that way as well as if people didn't purchase them, developers would stop making them. The issue is we are outnumbered and DLC is here to stay.

Point well taken.Buyer beware. Choose your games wisely. I have paid 120.00 for  four season passes on  games I love.TWO OF THE PASSES ENDED UP TO BE OF "POOR" VALUE, said and done.I am getting a little jaded on paying for stuff I think is already done at game release.Im starting to fade away.

Message 22 of 44 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Riptide8 wrote:

Do bird dogs fly? No it shouldn't BUT,we shouldn't have to pay if its already on the disk and requires an unlock...That is all kinds of messed up.

So you're using Capcom's model for LIMITED, Day-1 DLC with as a blanket statement for everyone else?

Good to know. Blanket statements are essentially an admittance of ignornace... aka not knowing. So if you don't exactly know, why are you misinforming and passing it off as fact?

NOT EVERYONE does this.... just Capcom.... 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 23 of 44 (127 Views)
Wastelander
252 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013
The only kinds of paid DLC that i dont like are the ones that they release really shortly after the game is published, that have very little content or that prevent me from playing with my friends.

I like how in LBP, if someone you play with did buy a levels pack (they released plenty of these, mini themed expansions with short stories) you can enjoy it too by joining them online.
Message 24 of 44 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 21, 2013

dlc its not bad at all, how developers use it its simply greedy

things wont change unless we all stop buying dlc but since many gamers now are old enough to throw money away that wont happen

Message 25 of 44 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Mar 21, 2013
ah, wii does this til wiiu came out
Message 26 of 44 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2539 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I mostly just buy GOTY and Ultimate Editions of games now because of the dlc being such a rip-off.  If I know that a game will have little to no dlc then I will buy it right away, otherwise I just wait for the GOTYE. 

Play-Asia.com - Buy Games & Codes for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC / Mac.
Message 27 of 44 (104 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Mar 21, 2013
I am also a fan of buying re - releases of games that include all of the DLC because I feel buying season passes is almost as risky as preordering a game. You have no idea if they are going to mess up the game or in the case of DLC even survive long enough to give you more than one or two DLC items.

DLC never seems to go on sale. The game itself is much more likely to go on sale.
PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 28 of 44 (98 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

I agree with one of the posters that said costumes and stuff in tthat order should be free. DLC that add gametime *5-10* hours more should come with a fee. But there are games out there that seems like they come out with a dlc every 2 weeks**COD** with 20 bucks to purchase it. sometimes i feel those should be free

Message 29 of 44 (93 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6831 posts

Mar 22, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

i think dlc  for  mp is waste  of money. when the servers go down you lost your  money.

So what happens if/when the PSN goes down for good? You've lost money there too....

Someone who SUPPOSEDLY owns a business, like you, should about the prospect of MONEY.

Agiain  mp dlc is a waste of money your arugement only strengthns the fact of what i just said above.   Sometime it not about  gaining  money but keeping others  happy who  have spent money with you.  Buisness not   is about  making 100% money allthe time,. keeing your customer happy is regardless if they ever spend  again with you. .

You've  just streaghtn my point  mp dlc is a waste of money. Keep trying trying  be smart mouth

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 30 of 44 (63 Views)
0 Likes