Aug 23 2012
By: Tom32090 Fender Bender 3264 posts

share plus accounts

8 replies 10755 views Edited Aug 23, 2012

If me and my brother wanted to get playstation plus could we share it between our 2 ps3?

Message 1 of 9 (10,755 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Re: share plus accounts

Aug 23, 2012

I don't think it's legal.

Message 2 of 9 (10,746 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Aug 23, 2012
You may not sell, buy, trade, or otherwise transfer your Online ID or any personal access to PSN through any means or method, including by use of web auction sites. 8. GENERAL LICENSE RESTRICTIONS AND TERMS Except as stated in this Agreement, all content and software provided through PSN are licensed non-exclusively and revocably to you, your children and children for whom you are a legal guardian (collectively for purposes of this section, "You" or "Your"), solely for Your personal, private, non-transferable, non-commercial, limited use on a limited number of activated PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems, and any other hardware devices authorized by SCEA in the country in which your Sony Entertainment Network account is registered. All intellectual property rights subsisting in PSN, including but not limited to, all software, data, and content subsisting in or connection with the operation of PSN, the Online ID, the access to content offered on or through PSN and hardware used in connection with PSN (collectively defined as "Property"), belong to SCEA and its licensors. All use or access to such Property shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement and all applicable copyright and other intellectual property rights laws. You may not sell, rent, sublicense, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Property. Except as stated in this Agreement or otherwise expressly permitted by SCEA in writing, you may not reproduce or transfer any portion of the Property. You may not create any derivative works, attempt to create the source code from the object code, or download or use any Property for any purpose other than as expressly permitted. You may not bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, digital rights management or authentication mechanism in connection with PSN or any of the content offered through PSN. You acknowledge that the PSN, including some content provided through PSN, may contain security or technical features that will prevent use of such content in violation of this Agreement. Notwithstanding any terms, the Property is not licensed for resale, public performance, display, distribution or broadcast. You acknowledge that some content providers and licensors are intended third party beneficiaries who have rights to enforce this Agreement against you and your permitted users. Except as expressly granted in this Agreement, SCEA and its licensors reserve all rights, interests, and remedies in connection with PSN and the Property. Additional terms of use may apply to particular content. Use or license terms may be more restrictive depending on content. Please read carefully all specific terms of use for particular content or service before purchasing. The restrictions to which particular content or service is subject are in the sole discretion of SCEA or its licensors and are subject to change at any time. Use of the terms "purchase," "sale," "sold," "sell" or "buy" on PSN or in connection with PSN shall not mean or imply any transfer of ownership of any content, data or software or any intellectual property rights therein from SCEA or its licensors to any user or third party. All other company, product, and service names and logos referenced on PSN are the marks, trade names, trademarks/service marks, and registered trademarks/service marks ("Marks") of their respective owners. You may not use or reproduce any Marks without the owner's express written consent. You may not remove any proprietary notices or labels from any content. http://us.playstation.com/support/useragreements/ps_playstation_network_oct_07.html
Message 3 of 9 (10,738 Views)
Sackboy
479 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

According to Terms and Conditions it sounds like it's not allowed. If it's just you and your brother and you live in the same house, I personally see nothing wrong with that. You can set up a user on both PS3's with the PS+ account. Go to your account settings and activate the system on both consoles for game content. Only one console will be able to sign in at a time with the PS+ account, but you will be able to download and play all PS+ game content to both. You can only activate two PS3's for game and video content per user account.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 9 (10,722 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012
In short, these 2 are trying to say "It is not legal".
Message 5 of 9 (10,709 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Message 6 of 9 (10,698 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2012

Tom32090 wrote:

If me and my brother wanted to get playstation plus could we share it between our 2 ps3?

If one of you is a sub account of the other you'll be able to share the games. Only the master account will have access to the cloud and auto update. That's perfectly legal. My daughter shares my content. Other than that if you're both master accounts you'd both have to get a plus membership. It's impossible to share otherwise.

Message 7 of 9 (10,695 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

you people are crazy--- it is very well legal to do this--- and this is why sony has the 2 system thing

if you cant share with your brother-- do you share with your kids?? your spouse?? -- whats the diffrence??

under the new TOS you can have the name on 2 systems--- that can both utilize the games

Message 8 of 9 (10,679 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
10161 posts

Aug 25, 2012

piedude1 wrote:

I don't think it's legal.

Yes it is.

Message 9 of 9 (10,674 Views)
0 Likes