Nov 12 2012
By: TheRealPhattyJ First Son 9 posts

serious issue with downloading/installing Infamous

3 replies 225 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

Bought Infamous last year, and in the course of things going on and off my hard drive it got deleted in order to make room for other stuff.  After playing Infamous2 I decided I wanted to hit the first one again, so I went to my download history, redownloaded it overnight, and found that when I went to install it the machine tells me that it needs to be installed onto a PSP or PSVita.  I also noticed it has the yellow hourglass bar next to it as if it's a one hour free trial, instead of the game that I purchased.

Thinking I possibly screwed up somehow, I deleted it and went back to the psn store, checked my history, and yes it's listed as a PS3 game, with no mention of PSP (which would make sense, it has been installed, played, and completed once on my ps3.  i have never had a psp nor have i ever bought a psp game...) so I went to the actual store listing.  no psp game there either, just ps3 and the one hour trial.  the actual game entry tells me I cannot purchase the game as I already own it.

At this point I'm fairly baffled, so I tried downloading again and have gotten the same results.  Who do I contact to resolve this?

Message 1 of 4 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Re: serious issue with downloading/installing Infamous

Nov 13, 2012

Maybe your ps3 file is corrupted did you turn off the ps3 on the log in section ?. That whamade the ps3 fail that way. Here a video how to go on the boot menu and when you in the boot menu find where it say database and select that option. Select yes or continue. And just wait. It won't eraise data or anything only emails and playlist. Here's the to show you how you get to the boot menu. Remeber select 4. Rebuild database that solves your problem not recovery. 

Message 2 of 4 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Nov 13, 2012
This has been mentioned before. Due to the recent update to the Playstation Store the game is being recognized as a PSP or Vita title instead of PS3. You'll have to contact support so that they can take note of the issue. Don't let them give you the run around, just let them know that you're not the first one to report having this issue and it's not due to an error with your console.
Message 3 of 4 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Hey, I just had the same issue. Do not download it from the PS Store. Go to your transaction management on your XMB bar and download it from your transaction download list. It should help.

Message 4 of 4 (171 Views)
0 Likes