Dec 19 2012
By: Sorrythanksbye First Son 1 posts

request for next software update : allowing x to be the selection button for R3 PS3s

3 replies 78 views Edited Dec 19, 2012
*hi, it's my first time posting here*

My brothers and I have been so used to (X) being the selection button for the Playstation series. Recently, our US PS3 slim died on us and so we decided to get a new one. However, what we got was an Asian PS3 super slim and now the selection button is (O). I have searched the internet and it turns out that to switch it back to (X), I am either gonna have to use 3rd party software or have the ps3 modded - something which I totally do not want to do. We also have a PS Vita and its selection button is (X) too and it is really confusing when switching between consoles.

So please, I hope people working on PS3 software updates would consider working on this in their next update so that we can just change it through the XMB.

Thank you/ what do you guys think?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14993 posts

Re: request for next software update : allowing x to be the selection button for R3 PS3s

Dec 19, 2012

Really?

Its an easy adjustment, all it takes is time to get used to it....

You can always sell the PS3 to get a US one...

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23784 posts

Re: request for next software update : allowing x to be the selection button for R3 PS3s

Dec 19, 2012

You can suggest through the blog share site, which you can find through the Blog link at the bottom of the page, but honestly I don't think you have much chance of it happening. In many Asian cultures, the symbol O is considered to be positive, and X is negative. And seeing that you have an Asian PS3, and you would really need to update it through the Asian territory firmware, I doubt they will let you change it.

This seems to be a minor inconvenience that you can overcome by modifying your behavior. One question though; How on Earth did you end up with an Asian PS3 anyway?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14993 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

You can suggest through the blog share site, which you can find through the Blog link at the bottom of the page, but honestly I don't think you have much chance of it happening. In many Asian cultures, the symbol O is considered to be positive, and X is negative. And seeing that you have an Asian PS3, and you would really need to update it through the Asian territory firmware, I doubt they will let you change it.

This seems to be a minor inconvenience that you can overcome by modifying your behavior. One question though; How on Earth did you end up with an Asian PS3 anyway?

I'd like to know this too...

Buying from importers is expensive....

I remember buying GT5 Prologue with the DS3 the day it released(months before the DS3's US release) for $150 through Play-Asia

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (64 Views)
0 Likes