Sep 23 2011
By: GrayGargoyle Last Guardian 11776 posts

"What to do?!" Are your PSOne Classics piling up?

6 replies 20 views Edited Sep 23, 2011

With the addition of PlayStation Plus, games come free every month. It's easy disposing of unwanted trash, but what happens when you've been too busy with recent releases all year long that you never have the time to sit down and visit a time-tested veteran of the PlayStation's inaugural era?

My own stack of PlayStation titles has increased in size over the months. The last time I dusted off the PSOne folder was earlier in the year when I had originally picked up Plus (for the free copy of Spyro: Year of the Dragon). An enjoyable game, I made it pretty far... but then other gaming opportunities came up, from PixelJunk Shooter 2 to Portal 2.

Still, I haven't touched the copy of Vagrant Story I bought. Neither have I opened Plus freebies such as MediEvil, Jet Moto, or even Resident Evil 2 and 3 (though, I have played these favorites many years ago). Will there ever be the time to revisit them? Will there ever be enough room on the internal memory card to save progress? I've still saves made from a few games I was planning on returning to later, such as Final Fantasy VII and I believe Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.

Does anyone else have issues balancing between newer entries and their growing collection of PSOne Classics? Besides telling yourself "I'll get to that later..." ...will there ever be a later?

Message 1 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: "What to do?!" Are your PSOne Classics piling up?

Sep 23, 2011

That's what gamers call their 'backlog'. I have two PSOne games and a few PSP titles that I haven't touched. Until I play them, I won't be buying any more.

I think you can make multiple virtual memory cards, so maxing one out isn't that big of a problem. I think maxing out the internal hard drive is a bigger worry if you're a compulsive PSOne game downloader.

Message 2 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7401 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Recently I've been finishing more games, because I have been playing shorter games, but they are piling up.  From PS+ I think the only PS1 classic I have played is Medievil, but I have set it aside for now .  I would play more of them if they released better ones.  I have at least started all the classics I purchased.  I have stopped Xenogears and Vagrant Story for a while though.  Xenogears I can't remember why I quit; I will go back to it sooner.  Vagrant story just got really hard all of a sudden, and I didn't feel like grinding as much as I will have to.

Message 3 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10595 posts

Sep 24, 2011

I bought a PSP, so I can just move all the PS1 classics to it. I usually am playing PS3 games or PSN games, so I don't usually get around to playing them, but since i got a PSP I can play them.

Message 4 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 24, 2011

I commute, so I usually play the PSOne Classics on my PSP to and from campus. The small bursts of time I spend on the games add up and I usually end up completing a game or two every couple weeks just from that.

Message 5 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Oct 1, 2011

I copy the them to my PSP.  I mainly get to play them while at work.

Message 6 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
7401 posts

Oct 3, 2011

I think you meant "work" .

RobSkillzz wrote:

I copy the them to my PSP.  I mainly get to play them while at work.

RobSkillzz Trophy Card
Message 7 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes