First Son
1 posts

Re: "Welcome Back Package... kind of sucked"......?

Jun 13, 2011

hiptechboy wrote:

KingAlchemy13 wrote:

well considering, if you read the terms, Sony can turn off the online service when ever they want, and dont have to offer it free, but still gave us something even though they didnt have to, I would say that it was pretty generous, and i appreciate it.  

Our credit card info, addresses, and other personal info was stolen because of them...of course they had to repay us somehow.

Seriously?  That information was stolen because of Sony?

That makes ZERO sense.  It was stolen because of the idiot hackers.  Those jackholes caused these problems for all of us.  Let's place the responsibility where it belongs.

Sony didn't know which games we all already had.  I had LBP already, but had never played inFamous, which I downloaded...and it is awesome.  I'm not excited about the others, but I'll have to pick one.

Message 11 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2011

You are right, they didn't have to do anything but what they did do was kind of weak. Sorry, I just stated my opinion and you went to a dark place with your reply, this isn't usually my style butttttttttttttttttttt.  Get a job? Really? Dude, you have 1400 posts, guess what you need to get? a life.

Message 12 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2011

We are talking digital media, Sony could lose money in FUTURE sales but it would not bankrupt them, I can't believe you even said that.

Message 13 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2011

I can dig what you are saying, my biggest issues really was the movie selection. I guess because I try not to pay retail I forget to apply that value to the games. Also, I didn't think they would give out new releases, nor would I ask them to. Just don't make me feel like the poor kid, Sony sent me to school in some XJ900's that they bought me at PAY-LESS. Make me feel like I'm worth something as a customer, don't make me feel like an afterthought.

Thank you for your reply, I like that you gave your opinion without knocking mine.

Message 14 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2011

Do you work for Sony? Seriously... It wasn't there fault that personal information was stolen but Sony's security was flawed and some blame does lay there. I don't blame them but I think that they should clean house in their security department; if you mess your job up you could lose it, if you mess your job up on a global scale then you probably should. So, when some repiers' say "Sony is to blame", there are individuals within Sony that should have to shoulder some of that blame.

Message 15 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Jun 14, 2011

harmoncollege wrote:

hiptechboy wrote:

KingAlchemy13 wrote:

well considering, if you read the terms, Sony can turn off the online service when ever they want, and dont have to offer it free, but still gave us something even though they didnt have to, I would say that it was pretty generous, and i appreciate it.  

Our credit card info, addresses, and other personal info was stolen because of them...of course they had to repay us somehow.

Seriously?  That information was stolen because of Sony?

That makes ZERO sense.  It was stolen because of the idiot hackers.  Those jackholes caused these problems for all of us.  Let's place the responsibility where it belongs.

Sony didn't know which games we all already had.  I had LBP already, but had never played inFamous, which I downloaded...and it is awesome.  I'm not excited about the others, but I'll have to pick one.

It's Sony's fault for not giving our information the maximum security available. Instead they decided to slack off and look what happened. They said that they dramatically improved the security after the hacking. Why couldn't they have done that in the first place? It's funny how our old information was hacked again a week or so later and then after that another one of Sony's sites were hacked too. You'd think they would have learned. I saw it as an insult when they gave us decade old "on us movies".

Message 16 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Jun 14, 2011

KingAlchemy13 wrote:

and all they had to do was offer the free identity theft policy, nothing more, but they went the extra step

KingAlchemy13 Trophy Card

"Free" for a year. Then we're on our own. OR we could choose to pay for the service for the rest of our lives. I was satisfied with the free games, but clearly they didn't put a lot of thought into it. What about those who already had those games. They should've given us enough funds to buy a maximum of 2 games, but nope; they were trying to cut their losses. Don't even get me started about the movies . They were just trying to cut their losses after having to revamp their security.

Message 17 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2011

Im cool with the welcome back package.They did not have to give us anything.

plz_dont_hate_me Trophy Card
Message 18 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6444 posts

Jun 14, 2011

You get what you pay for. I'm satisfied with getting Infamous and Little Big Planet and the added two months to my already current Playstation Plus subscription. Sure, it wasn't the best. But I was compensated fairly.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 19 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1186 posts

Jun 14, 2011

1 year is better than nothing, and who cares about the movies, they never said they were giving us movies anyway, but threw that in, just because.  Again they didnt have to do that.  Sure Sony "COULD OF" had better security, and the twin towers "COULD OF" built more plane resistant buildings. Both were subject to "Terrorist" attack.  The only blame rests on those performing the crime.

KingAlchemy13 Trophy Card
Message 20 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes