Highlighted
Jun 13 2011
By: Zulu13720 First Son 6 posts

"Welcome Back Package... kind of sucked"......?

22 replies 46 views Edited Jun 13, 2011

Sure, free is free but cheap is also cheap. I wanted the servers back up, I want to know if the people who crashed them pay the price and a free gift is never a bad idea in situations like this. Okay,heres the problem, Sony gave me the change it found in the sofa as my gift. Honestly, you could've kept the movies and the PSP games, I downloaded "Dead Nation" and played it twice. One Christmas my step-dad gave me an $80 debt for my gift, how do you think that makes you feel? If he had spent $80 on a gift things may have been different. That old adage is very true,"it IS! the thought that counts", heres what Sony thought," lets give them the oldest, cheapest downloads that we can". Now, how does this make me feel? Well, kind of like another sheep in the herd.

Good job Sony, if the new XBOX 360's play blu-ray I'm gone. Just kinding, but in the future I will no longer be preordering, I'll wait a week and buy a used game. Why? You don't make a dime off used games. I'll black list you for say, three years, and thats my welcome back package! Am I wrong?

Message 1 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Re: "Welcome Back Package... kind of sucked"......?

Jun 13, 2011

eh i got wipeout and super stardust, already had the others and i enjoy them greatly. overall im happy since they do provide us with a free network to play on unlike microsoft.

Message 2 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Jun 13, 2011

I was extremely disappointed with their selection of "on us movies". I thought they would select recent, popular movies...not some from the 90s and early 2000.

Message 3 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1186 posts

Jun 13, 2011

well considering, if you read the terms, Sony can turn off the online service when ever they want, and dont have to offer it free, but still gave us something even though they didnt have to, I would say that it was pretty generous, and i appreciate it.  and buying used games only really hurts the companies that make the games, and when they make less money, they cant put as much into making new games.  So no matter what one customer does, Sony will still have billions of dollars, and we the consumers will always be there. 

KingAlchemy13 Trophy Card
Message 4 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
604 posts

Jun 13, 2011

I will be glad when these types of posts disappear. Did you sign up just to say this? Really?

Message 5 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8627 posts

Jun 13, 2011

I was pretty pleased with it, actually. I chose inFAMOUS and LittleBigPlanet, both are selling for 29.99 at Best Buy so that's $60 worth right there, which is honestly more than I expected from Sony. I figured they would offer some crap never-heard-of downloadable minigame or something. As for Playstation Plus, I didn't see anything worthwhile, but I wasn't expecting to anyway. I never gave Sony my credit card information though, so I knew I didn't have anything to be worried about and instead just get to enjoy a few free games. I guess people who actually had CC info stolen might not think the Welcome Back package fully makes up for their troubles. But what do you expect? Sony isn't going to dish out hundreds of dollars worth of content to every PSN subscriber. At least they thought of us at all.

Message 6 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Jun 13, 2011

KingAlchemy13 wrote:

well considering, if you read the terms, Sony can turn off the online service when ever they want, and dont have to offer it free, but still gave us something even though they didnt have to, I would say that it was pretty generous, and i appreciate it.  

Our credit card info, addresses, and other personal info was stolen because of them...of course they had to repay us somehow.

Message 7 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1186 posts

Jun 13, 2011

and all they had to do was offer the free identity theft policy, nothing more, but they went the extra step

Message 8 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29413 posts

Jun 13, 2011

Don't like it? Then get a job and buy your own games and learn not to rely on the kindness of strangers. There's an old saying; don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I know how gamers have trouble with metaphors, the English language, and even spelling, but rather than be gracious and say "thank you very much", you threw it back in their faces and acted as if you were insulted.

They didn't have to do anything, and if you don't like what they're offering then tough s@#$t!

Message 9 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13410 posts

Jun 13, 2011

Just imagine what it would do to Sony if they gave all 77 million users (I think that's the number that was affected) brand spanking new and popular games - it'll bankrupt them!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 10 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes