Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1526 posts

Re: "There are no titles"

Jul 4, 2008
Maybe you can press triangle and select "Display All" if there is an option for that. Whenever I insert my flash drive into the PS3, it will not detect media unless you place them in MUSIC, PICTURE and VIDEO folders, or choose the "Display All" option.
Message 11 of 23 (2,073 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5552 posts

Jul 4, 2008
You guys forgot to mention wich media server you are using. Mine, Medialink for OSX, works perfectly.
----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I despise MS. It's different.
Message 12 of 23 (2,073 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Jul 4, 2008

I'm using TVersity to stream ~650 GB of media to my PS3.  It works perfectly for music and video.

Also you can create "playlists" on your PC and import them to the PS3 over the network as well, which works out great!

------

Message 13 of 23 (2,073 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 4, 2008

Hi There,

I just downloaded TVersity as you suggested.  can you give me any tips on settings to connect to PS3?  How do I load a library for example?

Shaun

Message 14 of 23 (2,073 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Jul 4, 2008
On the PS3 side there isn't much to do.  Open up TVersity and select folders or playlists on your PC.  Then turn on sharing.  Then you'll see a "TV" icon show up on your XMB. 
------

Message 15 of 23 (2,073 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

Jul 4, 2008

I used to have the same problem intermittently with both music and video-- sometimes it would show, sometimes it would say there are no titles etc.  

I just stopped using the feature.

Message 16 of 23 (2,073 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5552 posts

Jul 4, 2008
BTW be sure that if you use an external HDD in the PC, it is turned on! It happened few times to me that it was off and I had all kind of errors.
----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I despise MS. It's different.
Message 17 of 23 (2,073 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 5, 2009
I was having the same problem and thought it was some Windows XP issue (as it usually is).  The problem was just that even though I was selecting "Music", I was under the "Video" section of the XMB menu.  If you just go to "Music", just like you go to "Photos" (with the 2.60 firmware), then select "Music" again, all the music (MP3/WMA/other supported formats) will show, instead of "No titles were found".  Not sure why the menu's are active when they're not going to return any data.  Perhaps Sony can fix this in a future firmware upgrade.  Thanks to all who posted earlier in the thread for leading me down the right path.  Hope this helps someone! 
Message 18 of 23 (2,073 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 16, 2010

Heck yeah! LOL. I was about to return my PS3. I plugged in my Terabyte Western Digital My Book External hdd and it says, "There are no titles." I'm like what?! I'm pressing buttons but nothing. I must not have hit the triangle button because thats it! Right before that I also went in System Settings somewhere and Enabled WMV content because and now Im playing all my mpegs, mp4, and avi's just fine! Super dope! Ive never been able to play mp4's with my Samsung DVD player which is supposed to play them but is sooooooo picky with the encoding so none every work. This thing plays all of them! Loving it loving it lovin it!

Do yourself a favor and hit the triangle button and choose Display All. Oh yeah and my device is labeled 10EAVS by default and is FAT32. I had to keep it FAT32 to even work with my samsung dvd player (with usb input). It wouldnt recognize anything else. Love it! PS3 might have won me back! Now if only it were better for first person shooter games then the PC. Im gonna have to look into if I can get a high res mouse to use with it? Theres nothing like the accuracy of a mouse for FPS games!

Message 19 of 23 (2,073 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 5, 2011

Thanks, icemanfresh!  Yours was the exact answer I needed.  I had repeatedly tried reformatting my video into different formats, changing the file extentions on the flash drive, and still always getting the "There are no titles" message.  I don't know why I didn't try the triangle button, but that did offer to display all and found them.  And when I made a VIDEO folder and put them in there, then they showed up all on their own.  Which with hindsight does all make sense.  Even my Android system finds different media like that.  But just needed someone to spell it out and hit me over the head with it.  Thanks. :-)

Message 20 of 23 (2,073 Views)
0 Likes