Mar 16 2010
By: WarriorAngel89 First Son 1 posts

"The funds could not be added to your wallet."

3 replies 1395 views Edited Mar 16, 2010

I apologize in advance if this problem was brought up earlier.

I puchased a $20 Playstation Network Card the other day from Target and when I came home to redeem it, I have been given this prompt:

"The Playstation Network Card has a value of $20.00.

Do you want to add these funds to your wallet?"

I selected Yes and I was given the following message: "The funds could not be added to your wallet."

Any help with this problem would be much obliged.

Message 1 of 4 (1,395 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23950 posts

Re: "The funds could not be added to your wallet."

Mar 16, 2010

If you are experiencing problems when trying to redeem a PlayStation Network card, try these troubleshooting options:

• Before a PSN Card can be used, it must be activated by the retailer where it was purchased.  You may want to check with the retailer to make sure the card has been activated.  Only a retailer can activate a PSN Card.
  • PSN Cards are only redeemable by PlayStation Network Master Accounts (i.e. not Sub Accounts) with a United States or Canadian address.  PSN Cards cannot be used by accounts from other regions.
  • If using a PSN Card causes your Wallet to exceed the maximum amount, the PSN Card cannot be used.  Click here to learn more about the maximum Wallet balance.
  • PSN Cards are case sensitive, make sure you enter the PIN exactly as it appears on the card.

- PlayStation Knowledge Center

If you're still having problems, try contacting SCEA directly:

Sony Computer Entertainment America
M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST
Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m
800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
Or E-Mail them here.

- DoubleOSpoon
Message 2 of 4 (1,395 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 23, 2010
wow a noob is a moderator? pin is NOT case sensive its all caps, and the system makes everything caps for you
Message 3 of 4 (1,395 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Mar 19, 2011

That makes no sense what you said and you need to choose appropriate language in the future...

Message 4 of 4 (1,395 Views)
0 Likes