Jul 22 2013
By: ToXiC_Skiils Ghost of Sparta 13090 posts

"Syncing trophy data"

8 replies 287 views Edited Jul 22, 2013

Why does this need to appear EVERY SINGLE TIME I click on my profile? Even when I don't earn any trophies it comes up and its not like its short. Sony had it fine the way it was why did they change it? Now something simple as changing a profile comment is a chore.....Sony I dun like it 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 1 of 9 (287 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39428 posts

Re: "Syncing trophy data"

Jul 22, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Why does this need to appear EVERY SINGLE TIME I click on my profile? Even when I don't earn any trophies it comes up and its not like its short. Sony had it fine the way it was why did they change it? Now something simple as changing a profile comment is a chore.....Sony I dun like it 

My PS3 doesn't do this & I'm sure neither do most others, do you have some other setting enabled or do you have your trophy lsit set as online & not offline?

As for the changing profile comment, not sure what you mean there.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 9 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jul 22, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Press Triangle on your player card.

Voilà.

Message 3 of 9 (263 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Check your trophies on the computer. Are they all syncing properly? That happens when somethings not syncing right.

Bejeweled 3 did that to me when it was new for quite a few months. Maddening! It was easy to figure out since it wasn't showing up on other devices, only on the one I played it on.

In the case of it being a game that won't sync the trophies, you have to wait until the game is put into the server on Sony's side before it will resolve. If that's it, at least you can know what is causing the trophy sync behavior.

Message 4 of 9 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jul 22, 2013

johngie wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Press Triangle on your player card.

Voilà.

Took me a while to figure that out when I got my PS3, but yeah, if you want to change your comment press Triangle and a secondary menu pops up. Change your comment from there.

As for the trophy sync issue...you probably have a trophy that just doesn't like the server or something. I've had it happen occasionally. Make sure you do have everything synced (and don't forget just playing a new game with trophies will call for a sync as well, since the trophy list was updated) and it should go away. And if you do have a "bad" trophy, my solution is to earn enough easy trophies to bump it off that "latest trophies bar" on your profile; it'll stop trying to load the "bad" trophy after its off the profile and sync like normal.

Message 5 of 9 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55022 posts

Jul 22, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

You got some good advice already.

Go to the trophies under your account menu then turn it to "offline" mode that way it only syncs when you tell it to sync.  

To change your profile comment just highlight your name and hit triangle.  

Message 6 of 9 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
379 posts

Jul 22, 2013

if a game is released and not syncing to sonys servers yet then its gona keep syncing each time...

even if you turn the sync to offline it will keep syncing until that game is added to sonys server

i have the same issue.. and iam stil wondering when will this game sync to sonys servers ( legends of war patton [digital])

Message 7 of 9 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13090 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Well I haven't bought a new game in like a year or so it can't be that. I guess I'll try to turn it into offline mode thanks
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 8 of 9 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15501 posts

Jul 22, 2013

I ran into that problem at first, after downloading the last firmware update. But, it gradually got better. For me it fixed itself within a few days. So just wait, it may get better.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 9 of 9 (186 Views)
0 Likes