Sackboy
416 posts

Re: "Sorry, did we forget to mention this update adds SPAM ADVERTISING to your UI?"

Oct 25, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

KoRnKlOwN69 wrote:
Sony should allow more advertising in the xmb as a cash flow for maybe things like upgrading servers and making our psn experience better... they could have it be disabled if your a plus member.... just a marketing thought we should be thankful its not as bogged down with ads like xbox

You mean like how Microsoft is doing? Gold and Silver subscriptions both have the same amount of adverts, and even with a Gold sub, you can't disable the ads.

No thanks..... the PSN is working just fine for me and many other people.

I agree No thanks.One of the big reasons(many others as well) I trashed my crap box is when they redesigned the dash last year.It was horrible.Designed just for Kinect.Clunky and Ad infested.You pay to see ads..give me a freaking break..no thanks..Goodbye crap box 360 hello free online and no ads.

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Message 11 of 19 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Re: "Sorry, did we forget to mention this update adds SPAM ADVERTISING to your UI?"

Oct 25, 2012

Ace5762 wrote:

So the newest software update for the PS3. More useless rubbish, but we've come to terms with that. What I can't come to terms with is that I now have a great big 'SingStar' advertising logo slapped onto my UI in my games section, that can't be hidden or removed. I have never EVER wanted to play a singing game. Not an attack on them, mind you, I just don't like playing them myself. So why in the hell have I got a piece of advertising cemented onto my firmware? Note also that this crap was not outlined in the details of the system update- they put it in under the radar and now they think we're just going to endure it?

No, to hell with that- we have all put up with an immeasureable amount of bull with this company. The launch price, Security breaches (along with a laughable compensation programme after it, which they turned into a marketing campaign). Locked firmware and multiple disappointments, each consecutive with every new software update- can't do anything with the software anymore, locked the whole thing. Paltry backwards compatibility.

But this is just taking the damned cake. Advertising is one thing, but advertising that's slammed straight onto OUR hardware? No, I'm not playing this game anymore.

Sony had better change their attitude toward their consumers if they want to have a hope in hell of surviving the next console iteration. Treating your customers with this level of contempt staggers the mind. Because I'll tell you right now for free- if Microsoft brought a new console tomorrow? I'd buy it and throw my PS3 in the trash.

Havent seen any ads at all..Not sure where you are looking

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Message 12 of 19 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Oct 26, 2012

"offered nothing to anyone"

you know besides those people with vitas constantly bugging them to show thropies on the ps3...

Message 13 of 19 (141 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

I really beg to differ about this whole it needing Ad's. I mean Xbox Live has Ad's and I pay for it, it's crap. There are tons of Free-to-Play games that don't have Ad's in their games at all while you are playing it. It just really isn't needed to make money it just helps.

I think people truly miss the choices Sony actually does make to increase profits or let alone secure a future for themselves. Of course everyone makes mistakes but I seriously think Sony is making some excellent decisions lately.

Plus there is no other console that offers you so much with their subscription. Again bringing up Xbox Live what do I get with that really? I get Ad's, nothing for free really and I get to play online which should be free also, what a luxury. At least Sony cares about their costumers they really do.

Playstation Mobile being one of those great decisions and them buying out Gaikai for $380 million was smart. Gaikai can really open a lot of possibilites for Sony and just gaming in general, just think about when Sony actually starts putting their games on Gaikai. Anyone with a decent interent connection will be able to play the most graphically instense games straight from a web browser on any device practically.

Now they can appeal to an even larger market, everything. It won't be you can only play that game on Sony console anymore. Has Nintendo or Microsoft thought of doing that? Nope.

I am not saying consoles will die but it is pretty obvious people don't just own a console and a PC anymore. Sony taking advantage of that is an extremely smart business move on their part because as time goes by it will only become worse, more and more devices will be around and less people will want a console because they can't afford it on top of the slew of other crap they have. With Sony owning Gaikai that won't matter at all when Sony's games can be bought and played on anything.

To say sony is making a bad decision about not adding Ad's, I personally feel is just is the wrong perception of it all, a very small view of it in my opinion. People focus so heavily on negative things but they don't bother to ever mention the things Sony actually has been investing in, things that aren't stupid decisions by any means.

I doubt too many of you will read though all that but I feel it is important to actually notice the amazing choices they have made for you the consumer. As with most companies could give a crap, they just want to make money off us while we get nothing much in return.

Nintendo and Microsoft just aren't thinking outside the box right now and I truly believe it will hurt them some what later on, Sony will be bigger than ever because of what they have been thinking about. I am not trying to start a console war or even defending Sony I am seriously just using logic and seriously thinking of what the future holds for us all. Sony was also and they already have secured that market for the future, while no one else is even thinking too much about it.

Message 14 of 19 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2179 posts

Oct 26, 2012

rego00123 wrote:

you know besides those people with vitas constantly bugging them to show thropies on the ps3...

It's a totally different platform, it wasn't needed. Why do the whiners get what they want?

Too many games, too little time.
Message 15 of 19 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 27, 2012

@everyone

The point of the matter ISN'T that there are now ads. The point I'm making is that Playstation put this crap in without mentioning it in the system update notes.

They put in under the radar and now expect everyone to just accept it, their contempt for their consumers is overwhealming.

If more marketing is neccessary, then fine, but you can't just treat your consumers like cattle by doing stuff like this without making it clear and opening it for some kind of discussion. It shows a complete lack of respect for anyone using your product that you would just slap on something like that in this way.

We've put up with a whole lot of contempt from Sony in the past few years, and the Playstation community deserves a whole lot better than this.

Message 16 of 19 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

Whiners?

i dont think anyone was whining about not being able to see trophies from the ps3. it was just an inconvenience for those who had both when the vita itself is capable. the ps3 was missing a feature that people found usful with their vitas.  if you want whiners just read this thread through...THATS whining

the ps3 is not juts a game machine, its the hub to everything playstation and playstation network related.  if all you want is to play the ps3 and be done with it unhook it from the internet in live in ignorant bliss.

im not even sure where "the advertising" is that is being complained about here. iif it is the links in or to the storefront from the playstation store tabs, dont look at them....whast the big deal? you are not forced into seeing them.

and the whats new tab? jesus christ..Load up a game and its gone...you are not "forced" to see it outside of the dashboard.

Message 17 of 19 (94 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Ace5762 wrote:

@everyone

The point of the matter ISN'T that there are now ads. The point I'm making is that Playstation put this crap in without mentioning it in the system update notes.

They put in under the radar and now expect everyone to just accept it, their contempt for their consumers is overwhealming.

If more marketing is neccessary, then fine, but you can't just treat your consumers like cattle by doing stuff like this without making it clear and opening it for some kind of discussion. It shows a complete lack of respect for anyone using your product that you would just slap on something like that in this way.

We've put up with a whole lot of contempt from Sony in the past few years, and the Playstation community deserves a whole lot better than this.

Can you please explain exactly where these brand new "ads" are you talked about in the OP?  Maybe take a picture and upload it or something?  As I said before, I myself have seen no "new" ads on my PS3 since updating and have no idea what you are talking about...

Message 18 of 19 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
834 posts

Oct 29, 2012

DPsx7 wrote:

rego00123 wrote:

It's a totally different platform, it wasn't needed. Why do the whiners get what they want?

Maybe because they're both PlayStation products? Just a thought.

It's kind of funny to see people speak of "whiners" though. Kinda seems like the pot calling the kettle black sort of situation.

But maybe, just maybe it also extends into the fact that some games share their trophy lists with both the PS3 & Vita versions?

Message 19 of 19 (59 Views)
0 Likes