Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
604 posts

Re: PlayStation Now Announced, Streams Older PlayStation Titles to Devices [Update]

Jan 8, 2014
^ I'll probably get it. I'm dying to play something on my PS4, plus I've always wanted to do a second run through the story. Dat next gen hair
Message 121 of 268 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7858 posts

Re: PLAYSATION NOW!

Jan 8, 2014

JMBlakk wrote:

When he said summer are we talking around E3 or the end of summer like August 

I'm sure Sony will have some great news and content info for E3.  Word has it if you thought last years Sony E3 was epic then you ain't seen nothing yet.

"We have big plans for E3 2014, PS4 was just the beginning"

Message 122 of 268 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Re: "PlayStation Now" Announced at CES 2014

Jan 8, 2014
Just signed up! I'm SOOOOO stoked for PlayStation Now! XD
Message 123 of 268 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: PlayStation Now Announced, Streams Older PlayStation Titles to Devices [Update]

Jan 8, 2014

On the flip side, there is no reason why Home cannot run on PlayStation Now, so there's no reason not to offer it through the service. Anyone who doesn't like Home will simply ignore it, and those who do like it will be very inclined to test it out. Streaming will not solve Home's problems, which are endemic to the code, but it should run more or less as it does now.

The bigger question with Now is whether it will work at all anyway. Sony showed off their streaming service on a hard-wired LAN last night, and only gave the media the opportunity to test out some games on it. That leaves big questions about latency and how the service will handle the processor-intesive job of rendering.

I'm particularly curious to know if Now will cache runtime libraries and graphics on the client side (your PS3, 4, etc.). Nothing in last night's demonstration answered that question, but it's pretty important if they plan on streaming to low-RAM devices such as tablets and smart phones. People use the Netflix analogy but that doesn't really apply here. All Netflix does is run a program, essentially in one direction, with a five-minute data buffer and then send the digital stream to the end user. There's a world of difference between that and running emulation (which is processor intensive) and rendering (which is processor intensive) and sending that signal downstream in packets while simultaneously taking feedback from the end user (which is bandwidth intensive).

I've had lag trying to fast forward past commercials with Comcast On Demand. PlayStation Now is significantly more demanding. I think if anyone can figure it out, it is Sony, because after all these years of running PlayStation Home, they've got some experience running both emulation and real-time gaming in a streaming environment.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 124 of 268 (171 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4523 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Selling my PS3 if Home and GTA5 is available on PS Now. :smileytongue:

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 125 of 268 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3858 posts

Re: Beta Sign Up For Playstation Now

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2014

Chriskiller00 wrote:

Here is the beta sign up for Playstation Now  http://us.playstation.com/playstationnow/

Enjoy and good luck!

That is not a beta sign up. That's a "first to know" list for information about the service. There are NO sign ups right now. Also to the newbies, posting messages to Sony on here won't wrok either. Sit back and wait until later this month. Probably a week and a half from now there'll be news.

Don't fall for any of the scams out there proporting to give you access for doing things like surveys and such. It's not true.

Message 126 of 268 (252 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Re: Beta Sign Up For Playstation Now

Jan 8, 2014

No where does it say that is a sign up for the beta.  Don't deceive people in thinking it is.   You are guessing.

Message 127 of 268 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12126 posts

Jan 8, 2014

hey jo.

you do know that theres like a 11-page thread going on huh? 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/quot-PlayStation-Now-quot-Announced-at-CE...

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 128 of 268 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12126 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ReddAxel wrote:
Don't get your hopes up people. PS Now, hell yes. PS Home on Now, no please. Fix everything wrong with the service first.

Hi Chad we miss ya! :smileyhappy: 

Hows that PS4 gaming going?

wait is that Chad's sub-account?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 129 of 268 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6840 posts

Jan 8, 2014
Noooooope
Message 130 of 268 (146 Views)
0 Likes