Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 25 2012
By: whoa_james First Son 2 posts

question about game sharing

8 replies 6358 views Edited Aug 25, 2012

just purchases a ps3 and have a quick question if someone knows the answer to. if my friend has downloaded a game off of another friend. can i download the game from the second user and not the main person who provided it? sorry if im confusing.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (6,358 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Re: question about game sharing

Aug 25, 2012
No, and you;re not supposed to gameshare anyway.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (6,354 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5615 posts

Aug 26, 2012

whoa_james wrote:

just purchases a ps3 and have a quick question if someone knows the answer to. if my friend has downloaded a game off of another friend. can i download the game from the second user and not the main person who provided it? sorry if im confusing.

You can only have the same PSN account on 2 different PS3s to cut down on the "Gamesharing" you are asking about. Game Sharing violates the PSN terms of service. You can get banned for game sharing. And you certainly should not talk about doing it on an official Sony website, where people that work for Sony can read about your plans to game share.

The “PSN”/“SEN” TERMS OF SERVICE AND USER AGREEMENT says:

**You must keep your password and other account details secret (other than your Online ID), and not share them with anyone else, to prevent unauthorised use of your Sony Entertainment Network account. If you share account details with someone who uses your account in breach of these Conditions or we believe that your account has been compromised, your account and/or access to Sony Entertainment Network may be suspended or terminated.**

qspO.PNG

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (6,347 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Aug 26, 2012

everyone pretty much does it ive never seen anny of my friends get banned but i couldnt trust anyone taking my account and doing that, what if i dont get my account back :/.

dont do it though for the slight chance you will be caught and because its hard to trust anyone over the internet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (6,340 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1542 posts

Aug 26, 2012

I gameshare with my daughter, you can have your downloads on two systems.  If you have more then that you won't be able to download and you'll have to contact SONY.  I found this out because I replaced the hard drive in my 80 GB PS3 with a 500 GB but failed to deactivate my 80GB hard drive and SONY thought I was using 3 systems instead of 2.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (6,335 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4983 posts

Aug 26, 2012

There is no problem gamesharing with friends, relatives that you could trust. You could also deactivate ps3 systems on the SEN website

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (6,328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 20, 2012

See that's what I want to do but does it work on Full Games too or just DLCs?. I want to get Borderlands_2 but I want to be able to play it on both my PS3s at the same time so I can play with my kids, can I do that. I'm 99.9% certain that it's not a violation, I gameshared an $8 Zombie my little girl wanted (the game's on both PS3s although I haven't tried to Co-op with her) and I'd like to Game Share Borderlands_2 also, that way we don't have to Split Screen. And I DON"T want to buy two copies of the game, I already did that once with Black Ops

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (6,284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Sep 20, 2012
If you're sharing in the same household I doubt anyone at Sony would call that stealing. No matter what anyone says, buying 2 of the same title for one household would be a joke. There shouldn't be an issue with Borderlands 2 working online with both consoles, unless it has an online pass, in which you'd simply have to purchase another for the second console. Wait for someone who has tried it to post before you take a chance.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (6,275 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 20, 2012

That makes sense BUT GOD I'm so bored. I LOVED Black Ops but don't see myself getting into the other CODs and Black Ops 2 is still so far away. I didn't really like the Resistance 3, Gotham City Imposters, and KZ3 multiplayer experience so aside from COD (Black Ops 2 to be more exact) I don't have a lot of faith in the online multiplayer experince anymore. BUT what Black Ops did fail at was the campaign, it was awesome but TOO short. I heard Borderlands had a good story/campaign and so that interesting me too. I guess I could try the original Borderlands but I don't like playing old games. Maybe Rage too, the demo had a freaky experience. Thanks though, Borderlands_2 is so new maybe I should wait a little.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (6,272 Views)
0 Likes