First Son
11 posts

Re: psp is hell of a lot better than DS, right?

Jul 14, 2012

I have gotten my DS recently and I love it. I'm thinking of getting a PSP but I only want to play Birth by Sleep. Are there any other great games to get with the PSP? I role-playing story lined games, and some fighting games. 

And yes there are big differences with the graphics but I love both of them. 

Message 11 of 20 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

I have both and love both.

@Ookami, if you like Birth By Sleep (currently playing through it now, and playing DQ 9 on my DS) here's some other games you might like; Final Fantasty IV Complete Collection, Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Us Cling Together, Dissidia 012 Duodecim, Persona 1-3, Star Ocean 1 & 2 and also a PSP can play all those great PSone Classics as well.

PSN Gamercards

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just put "playstation forums" in the friend request.
Message 12 of 20 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 15, 2012

awesome! Thanks. By the way, check out my other question. I want to get a PSP but wary of reburnished and pre-owned items.

Message 13 of 20 (268 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8497 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Ookami_HJKH04 wrote:

awesome! Thanks. By the way, check out my other question. I want to get a PSP but wary of reburnished and pre-owned items.

It's ok to go with a refurbished and pre-owned psp if you can find them for significantly cheaper than a new psp, but try to get the newer psp slim (or psp3000) and avoid the original psp model (also called psp fat or psp1000), psp1000 is heavier and has a disc tray inside, those have slower load times, less features and less reliable. psp3000 has a slimmer circle in the back of the system, that's the best way to identify one.

Message 14 of 20 (264 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Thanks, the one Im looking to get is the 3000. I got the 1000 back when it first came out and i hated it. 

Message 15 of 20 (261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 27, 2012

If you like role playing or fighting I would check out Final fantasy 12 for PSP

Message 16 of 20 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Different but not better.Depends what kind of games you play.The 3DSXL might have one over on the PSP. I have a DSXL and I really like it. I have a 2 PSPs and a VITA... I love the VITA ,beautiful screen.Ill play PSP to ADHOC with my boy and play RPGS. Ill Play pokemon and shin megumi games on the DSXL. I play everything I can get my hands on for the VITA but mostly action RPGS, no shooters thats what the big boys are for.

Message 17 of 20 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
742 posts

Feb 3, 2013

kknd2002 wrote:
Seeing that my DS' library is 3-4 times my psp's, I think it's safe to say that I like my DS better, sucks that many companies pulled their support away from psp too early.
PSP games are still going strong in Japan but not many company dares to localize them, shame.

Maybe for you.

In my case I go with quality>quantity. The area where the PSP excelled at.

I would definitely go with a PSP, it had a diverse library of action games, TPS, adventure games, 3D platformers, rpgs, and jrpgs, and many many more, all with graphics never seen before on a portable.

Message 18 of 20 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Where is the comparison?  I mean really, across the board it is like comparing a Caddilac with an Edsel...  Tonight I am playing KH Birth by Sleep and it is like playing a HD movie...  

Message 19 of 20 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
27 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Yeah, that's the funny thing. The PSP came out like 2004/2005 something like that and it's still WAY more powerful than the 3DS. I have a 16GB Pro Duo memory stick for mine and I had 13 games on it at one point. Right now I have digital versions of

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Gods Eater Burst

3rd Birthday

SOCOM 3

Assassins Creed Bloodlines

Armored Core Last Raven

Jak and Daxter Lost Frontier

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow

Resistance Retribution

And to be honest with you, since the PS Vita really doesn't have any good games out I've mostly been playing my PSP. You can play PSP games on the PS Vita, but they look a little pixelated for my taste, so I just play them on the PSP.

Message 20 of 20 (98 Views)
0 Likes