Jun 19 2013
By: slatanic2011 First Son 5 posts

psn download slow?

10 replies 711 views Edited Jun 19, 2013
Is just me or the download in PSN are very very slow these days? I have been looking for problems in my network but download of another things is ok...
Message 1 of 11 (711 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: psn download slow?

Jun 19, 2013

I was having slow download speeds also over the WiFi. I found an old ethernet cable and plugged it into the PS3 and it's running a whole lot faster. Try giving that a try.

Message 2 of 11 (706 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 19, 2013
Well...my ps3 is in the cable, i will try do the other way and back here.
Message 3 of 11 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 19, 2013

power cycle your modem and router and see if that helps

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 11 (696 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 19, 2013
Already try this too, and nothing happens...yesterday everything are ok, now is slow. The strange is in the test of ps3 network my speed is ok, with the download in 9,18 MB.
Message 5 of 11 (688 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
654 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

How many seconds are there between each MB downloaded?

Message 6 of 11 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

Jun 19, 2013

never use ps3 wifi. its awful. stay wired. ps4 will finally use N wifi. and vita uses wifi N which is much better. ps3 uses G so its too slow. G isnt even recomnended for HD streaming. so if your using wifi, everything is slower

Equality for all
Message 7 of 11 (676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 19, 2013
For what i seeing rigth now between KB for sec...
Message 8 of 11 (671 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Question? Is it only your Internet Speeds? Like does the Hard Drive seem Slower, too?

If so, 1 way to fix both of those Problems is to go into that Hidden Menu when turning the PS3 On & Off, a Specific Way,
& using a Setting called... File System Restore, I think it's called...

When you do this, it makes everything run a lot smoother... Could help with Speeds on both the Online & Offline...

But only problem is, if it finds Corupt Data, you might risk a 7 hr Reformat Process, @_@

And there is no Garentee that will fix your Issue, I just know I did that for me, & it worked really well...

Btw, I am using Wireless Internet for my PS3, because I don't have a choice... Aparently, I had to take my Wireless Card out of my PC for my Newest Graphix Card thats in there now... So my PC is now Wired, where as my PS3 is Wireless...

But I don't have any issues with Wireless on my PS3... Playing Games Online don't seem to be affected, only Downloading does...
I think anything below 300MB Per Second will Download really fast, if not Instantly, otherwise it downloads 300MB Per Second...

So my DL Speeds aren't horrible... xD!

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 9 of 11 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 19, 2013

AriesSiren wrote:

never use ps3 wifi. its awful. stay wired. ps4 will finally use N wifi. and vita uses wifi N which is much better. ps3 uses G so its too slow. G isnt even recomnended for HD streaming. so if your using wifi, everything is slower

all 3 of my PS3's say different. I almost never get lag, and when I do, its because I forgot to turn off uTorrent on my computer.

for the last 7 years, all of them have been running perfectly fine with WiFi. I even get Netflix streaming in Super HD with my little G signal.

Wireless G has a maximum bandwidth throughput of 72Mbps, with the more common 54Mbps. Streaming in HD only requires 5-15Mbps as that is the average bitrate of most HD movies when viewing from a BD player and looking at the "Details"....

Yes, I understand not everyone has the same experiences due to a myriad of variables, but to use a blanket statement that its "too slow" to do anything, is FALSE.

Even wireless N, AC bandwidth of internal home networks.... you're almost NEVER going to utilize even 1/10th of its maximum.

When you really figure out that the average home network, doesn't even use a fraction of the speed the routers are capable of, you'll realize that upgrading just to have something "faster" is pointless because you're never going to utilize all of it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 11 (657 Views)
0 Likes