Sep 18 2012
By: iAreOtaku First Son 2 posts

psn dlc sharing between international accounts

2 replies 279 views Edited Sep 18, 2012

Hey psn community. I have a question that im hoping somebody on here can answer as far as dlc sharing on my ps3 console. I have both an american account and a japanese account. I am wondering if when i download my dlc for borderlands 2 (based off of other games) will the dlc i download on my american account (because i cant download  it on the japanese account) work for my japanese account. Im assuming im not the only person who has both an american and japanese account so im hoping somebody has this answer. I just dont want to start playing on my japanese account that ive been using as my main one only to find out that i need to switch to my american one because the dlc wont work. 

Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39174 posts

Re: psn dlc sharing between international accounts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

iAreOtaku wrote:

Hey psn community. I have a question that im hoping somebody on here can answer as far as dlc sharing on my ps3 console. I have both an american account and a japanese account. I am wondering if when i download my dlc for borderlands 2 (based off of other games) will the dlc i download on my american account (because i cant download  it on the japanese account) work for my japanese account. Im assuming im not the only person who has both an american and japanese account so im hoping somebody has this answer. I just dont want to start playing on my japanese account that ive been using as my main one only to find out that i need to switch to my american one because the dlc wont work. 

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

DLC is not region free, USA games require USA DLC, Japanese games require Japanese DLC.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 3 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: psn dlc sharing between international accounts

Sep 18, 2012

Yes thats correct but the game is american. Its just a japanese account that i play on because i like some of the japan only games. I just need to know if im playing my american bl 2 will my american dlc work even when im logged in with the japan account as long as i download it with my american account

Message 3 of 3 (271 Views)
0 Likes