May 14 2013
By: Jujojoh First Son 5 posts

psn cash reward past deadline??

7 replies 440 views Edited May 14, 2013

Hi,

I find it strange that sony would put deadline to redeem $10 reward for spending $50... I got the code apparently in May 1, but I only checked today - since I am usually busy, I sometimes don't log in for 2~3 weeks. I am disappointed that I am losing out on the $10 voucher - did this happen to anyone else? Any workaround? Sorry if the topic has been raised already

Message 1 of 8 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: psn cash reward past deadline??

May 14, 2013

Most codes expire - it just depends when for that voucher in general. If you knew about the $10 and everything, you should of came across the information on here or listed somewhere else.

Once it's invalid, it's gone.

YB

Message 2 of 8 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
576 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

It's a shame you missed out on it.  You aren't required to spend the money by the expire date, you just needed to redeem the code to deposit the money into your wallet.

Alsofor future reference, they send the voucher to the email associated with your PSN ID and you can redeem it online here:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action

Message 3 of 8 (432 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 14, 2013
but sony was already late about this - I didn't even have 2 weeks to redeem my code since I only got it May 1st and was to be redeemed by May 12th. Given that Sony was to provide the code in april, not only were they late, but didn't even give me enough time for me to redeem. Its always easy to say "you should have known" but I didn't, given that codes were already late. I guess I should shoot an email out to Sony. what I don't understand is why they couldn't just put the money directly to your wallet?
Message 4 of 8 (427 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 14, 2013

thank you for the link. I will use for future reference Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8 (425 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

May 14, 2013
11 days isn't enough time to check your email? Sorry, not buying that one. You knew about the program, it had the information plastered everywhere about it (PSN store, Playstation.com, the ps blog, ign, it was all over the place). You had plenty of time to check your email and redeem your code (literally took maybe 3 minutes, 5 minutes tops on a pentium 3 computer running windows xp). I say you had your chance. It's not Sony's fault you didn't take 3 - 5 minutes to redeem your code. I say to bad at this point. Next time check your messages.
My PSN
Message 6 of 8 (409 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

Jujojoh wrote:

Hi,

I find it strange that sony would put deadline to redeem $10 reward for spending $50... I got the code apparently in May 1, but I only checked today - since I am usually busy, I sometimes don't log in for 2~3 weeks. I am disappointed that I am losing out on the $10 voucher - did this happen to anyone else? Any workaround? Sorry if the topic has been raised already

Sorry to sound a little short but... that's kinda on you.  An expiration date is appropriate as it would be a large undertaking of time and resources for SONY to keep track of who has and hasn't used their credit. If you really wanna fight for your credit you can always contact customer support. Good luck!

EDIT: I went back thorugh and completely read this thread.  You may have recieved your code a tad late, as some people did.  Still two weeks timeframe should be AMPLE time for you to check your account and redeem a code for a program that you were absolutely aware of.

You can contact customer support via a method provided by clicking >>> HERE

Message 7 of 8 (395 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 14, 2013
In addition, Sony has the responsibility to report all transfers of funds to their shareholders. The expiration dates are put in there so that they can give the accurate metrics to all parties who require it. They can't leave the codes expiry free since it would make it impossible for them to state those exact numbers.

With the expiration date, Sony can plan ahead for those funds to be "used" based on how many they gave out. Once the date comes, they are then able to run queries to find out exactly how much of that "gift" they need to report as having been an "outward" flow of money. If there was no expiry date, Sony could suddenly go in and check on their finances and see a sudden rush of outward flowing money due to a large number of individuals who suddenly redeemed the codes.

In the business world, especially for a publicly traded company, you MUST be able to accurately forecast all income and spending. More importantly is the spending since that can be forecasted with much greater accuracy than the income.

Therefore, that is why they put expiration dates on all of these codes. I have to agree with others who have posted here in that if you were online enough to know that spending the money would get you the $10, then you had plenty of time to redeem the code.
Message 8 of 8 (377 Views)
0 Likes