Jul 15 2013
By: EDawg24 Splicer 58 posts

ps4

5 replies 96 views Edited Jul 15, 2013

I'm kinda in a catch22 atm. I have traded most of my ps3 games in and will be trading my ps3 in as well when ps4 comes out.

The problem that I am facing is this. I want to get a few new games now but I do not want to buy new games for ps3 if I am not going to be able to play them on the ps4. I thought I would try to get them on digital download as I have with "The Last Of Us" and now I talked to sony multiple times and cannot get a answer as to if digital downloads will be playable on the ps4. 

Can anyone tell me if this is going to be possible? I would hope so and if it is then that would be great I can just get any games that come out now as digital downloads and be able to play them but I am not sure this will be the case.

Also does anyone know if sony plans on making music unlimited playable while in game? That to would be a great things.

Any answers you can give to these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Erik

Message 1 of 6 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Re: ps4

Jul 15, 2013
As far as I know, your digital downloads will not be playable on PS4.

However, it is rumored that Gaikai will be able to stream PS3 games, so you will most likely still be able to play the games if you decide to use Gaikai.
Message 2 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9162 posts

Jul 15, 2013

You will be able to play some games of the PS3 in the PS4 sometime in 2014 when Sony release the cloud service Gaikai as for selling the system if i were you i would not sell it PS3 has a good library of games and there will be more awesome games release in the coming years just because Sony will release the PS4 doesn't mean the PS3 is finished they will continue to support the system for many years to come

KANE-FIRE

Message 3 of 6 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Gaikai what is this? have never heard of it?

Thanks for your response.

Erik

Message 4 of 6 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Yea I mean I would like to keep it but thing is it would just collect dust no room for two systems it would do the same thing the wii has done since I bought it lol.

Thanks for your response though

Regards

Erik

Message 5 of 6 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
15691 posts

Jul 15, 2013

EDawg24 wrote:

Gaikai what is this? have never heard of it?

Thanks for your response.

Erik

Gaikai is a service that will "host" the game you wish to play.  It will then stream the video to your console, like Netflix does with movies.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 6 of 6 (48 Views)
0 Likes